Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another great Tiger Day!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 922

Another great Tiger Day!

Jun 3, 2020, 10:51 AM

Sunday Shorts

Matthew 9:35-38
“Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.”

Admittedly, when I am in a crowd I am usually making my way through as quickly as possible. I’m not a big fan of crowds. But not Jesus, He was never in a rush to get through the crowd. He is never without compassion for the crowd, or the individual, either. Whether in the city or the village, or in between, He was continually teaching and healing. He was continually moved with compassion for the people... people who were no different from us today.

These people had adversity in life, just like we do. They faced concerns over health, finances, and the many other issues that people have always faced in life, just like we do. They lost hope in life as well, like too many still do today. But they knew Jesus could help and that is why they have come. They were motivated by the many testimonies they had heard. They came to experience Him themselves…to find hope again. Because that is what Jesus does – He gives hope. But, do you think it possible that someone within the crowd, despite the distance they had traveled to be there, might have just stood to the side and cradled their burdens alone when their opportunity to stand in His presence was upon them?

Is it possible that someone may not have felt worthy of His help? Perhaps they were so amazed and overwhelmed at His presence that they thought they would wait for a better moment – a time when they would be more presentable because they had cleaned themselves up. People are like that today too. Weary and burdened, yet feeling unworthy to call out to Jesus even though the opportunity to do so is before them right now? Could this even be you?

Jesus still gives hope today. He will help you, just as you are, right now. He doesn’t look at anyone who comes to Him with contempt or disgust. He embraces them all. He is not looking for the quickest way to get past the crowd, or the individual, either. He has compassion for all who will come to Him. No matter what circumstance life has thrust upon you, Jesus can help you. His compassion is great and His mercy beyond measure, but how can He fill your cup if you are not at His table?

My friends, if life has you weary and scattered, why should you wait to call upon Him? Turn your eyes upon Jesus, and the things of this world will grow strangely dim; in the light of His glory and grace.

God bless you I pray!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

this was a great post but

Jun 3, 2020, 11:57 AM

your next post has to be EPIC

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 922
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic