Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Thunderstruck: Swinney has built a monster in the foothills of South Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: Thunderstruck: Swinney has built a monster in the foothills of South Carolina

Dec 21, 2017, 7:01 AM

Thunderstruck: Swinney has built a monster in the foothills of South Carolina

The winner of The Masters each April gets to don the green jacket. The happy head coach of the Clemson Tigers gets to wear a special orange jacket when he reels in a bumper crop of prospects. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To say that the Clemson family is thunderstruck

Dec 21, 2017, 7:14 AM

would be an understatement.

Little, ole Clemson, sitting in the foothills of the Blue Ridge. The reigning National Champions with a chance to defend the title.

I'm proud of my Alma Mater, proud of our staff and our team.

GO TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It really is an amazing ride

Dec 21, 2017, 7:14 AM

Us old timers only thought we lived through the glory days, the glory days are just getting started.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Thunderstruck: Swinney has built a monster in the foothills of South Carolina

Dec 21, 2017, 7:39 AM

Those last couple of paragraphs honestly gave me goosebumps. Great read.

Re: New Story: Thunderstruck: Swinney has built a monster in the foothills of South Carolina

Dec 21, 2017, 10:13 AM

I'm sure the goose bumps are there bc they are with me and everybody that remembers Dabo saying they better get us now bc that want be easy to do in the future. For me, I remember it, and I believed in Dabo the first time I heard of him saying it. They better get to us now, we WON'T be easy to get in the future. I remember well what Dabo said the day he sat at that table when he was given the head coaching job at Clemson. Filled with emotion he said that he would recruit the very best players to Clemson, and that he would do to the best of his ability to win championships bc that is what Clemson and the fans deserves. With the entire country laughing and doubting Dabo, just look around at what Dabo has done and brought to Clemson University. If Dabo left Clemson today, he has accomplished everything that he said he would do his best to do for Clemson and her fans. And I couldn't be any prouder or happier for what Dabo has brought to Clemson as I am right now, but Dabo says that the best is yet to come. Sometimes, we forget just how lucky Clemson and our fan base really are to have a man as Dabo as our HC at Clemson. If you can't love Dabo Swinney, then you have never loved Clemson the way the majority of our fan base does, and you probably should have been a coot fan and suffer the way they do!!! Dabo has become the heart of Clemson FB!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2017, 12:09 PM

Well said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2017, 7:50 AM

Great story David, great times, great times!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!

Apr 11, 2023, 1:20 PM

Good article. I clearly remember Dabo saying back in the 2011 timefrane that if anyone wanted to get us, they better do it now. He certainly has a vision.

Another enjoyable & personal sports article David...

Dec 21, 2017, 8:03 AM

and know Hartins & I would have enjoyed writing along side you at The TiGER Student Newspaper as Fellow Sports Writers in the 60's..

but we had to go it alone doggumit!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought we were cycling out?

Dec 21, 2017, 8:07 AM

That's what Todd Ellis said.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't just have a great football team

Dec 21, 2017, 8:10 AM

We're turning out some great young men. Five-star recruits are great, but also finding kids with 5-star character is huge. Overall, we don't just have a great football team, we have some great personnel - good kids with big hearts and humble mindsets. It's not a collection of 5-star athletes - it's a team. More than that, it's a family. That's what's driving our program.

I'm super proud of what we've done on the field, but just as proud of what we've done - and not done - off the field and the status of our university in general.

There's no better place to be than Clemson!

GO TIGERS!

Re: We don't just have a great football team

Dec 21, 2017, 11:37 AM

Everything you said, it all starts with a 5* coaching staff with a 5* Plus head coach, and that's really all that it takes to be perfectly honest!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We don't just have a great football team

Dec 21, 2017, 12:11 PM [ in reply to We don't just have a great football team ]

Well said!

Is this the Golden Age of Clemson Football?

Dec 21, 2017, 8:24 AM

I think it is. Don't get me wrong, we had great teams in the early 80's. But, the football program and administration were not aligned. Now, we have that. It's just unbelievable.

I think Trevor has a very good chance to be undefeated as a starter. The mystery is, when will he start?

The Defense keeps getting better each year and we just reload.

We've come a long ways and there are still many post game celebrations to be had. Merry Christmas, indeed! Go Tigers!

Dec 21, 2017, 8:25 AM

Thunderstruck seems aprapos, certainly my feeling last night with the quality of recruits we just signed. To be sure, the Tigers have been a sleeping giant that is now awake and ready to play anybody. What a ride that will continue for a long time imo.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2017, 11:49 AM

There is no reason that we can't stay right with or ahead of any of the Bama's in the country with Dabo blazing the trail!!! The talking heads surely don't like it, we hear it when they talk about us if you read between the lines they can't cross without blow back. So there isn't a d a m n thing they can do to stop Dabo and friends!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Dec 21, 2017, 8:51 AM

Best article I have ever read on Tnet.

Dec 21, 2017, 9:57 AM

Thanks David for putting into words the heartbeat of Clemson football. Another story for the archives. Merry Christmas and Go Tigers!

But we are scared to death of Muschamp.

Dec 21, 2017, 9:28 AM

Lol. Lol. That monster is breathing Fire and SC and their ilk can’t stand it. What a great time to be alive.

Dec 21, 2017, 9:36 AM

One thing Dabo and the coaches do that can't be understated is, yes they're getting blue chip recruits and developing them, but the key ingredient is they're telling these guys to check their ego at the door. And, by and large, the kids are doing that. Can't tell you how many blue chips I've seen become cow chips because they didn't have their head right. They were used to being told they were the greatest player to ever walk the halls of their respective HS and all the hype that goes with having 40 offers. Then reality hits and they don't handle it well. Dabo does a remarkable job of adjusting attitudes and he does it with passion and compassion, and people buy in. I've never seen anything like it. I loved coach Ford's time at Clemson and I wondered, as did many people, if we'd ever see respect like that again. Dabo took all that was great in the past, hit it with some cayenne pepper, eliminated the negative, and kicked in the nitrous. An amazing time to be a Tiger, for sure.

Dec 21, 2017, 9:42 AM

Yes. Even more impressive than what Dabo and his team are doing is how they are doing it. Turning out great young men. I’ve had the pleasure of spending a little time talking to Taj Boyd on a personal level and he is a fine man as well as a great QB. I had the opportunity to meet Josh Belk before the ACC Championship game and he appears to fit the same mold. And there have been so many in between. Great teams start with great people - top to bottom. Dabo knows this and has made Clemson Football the example for all to follow.
GO TIGERS!!!!

Justyn Ross

Dec 21, 2017, 9:57 AM

Other than Justyn Ross, is there really anyone else out there to target?

#WETOODEEP

Re: Justyn Ross

Dec 21, 2017, 11:53 AM

If Dabo finds somebody that he believes he can flip, it will be done, bc that is a challenge that I believe he loves doing!!!

It’s a great time to be a tiger! Thanks Dabo!***

Dec 21, 2017, 10:29 AM

Re: It’s a great time to be a tiger! Thanks Dabo!***

Dec 21, 2017, 10:40 AM

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

Dec 21, 2017, 11:05 AM

They use to play this song when CJ Spiller was running loose in Death Valley :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM

Dec 21, 2017, 1:10 PM

I'll say I never really forcasted this either. I applied to Clemson in 2011 and was accepted and enrolled in 2012 as an out-of-stater. I had seen Clemson from afar but never believed I'd be here today and Clemson would be here today as a university and as a football program.

I was lucky to see some of what I thought were the "glory years" in my first few years of school with Tajh and Nuk and Sammy and the gang. I couldn't even imagine we'd get to this place this quick. For me and my buddies at Clemson we'd always talk about what we'd do "if" Clemson ever won another national title, and a month after I graduated we got one and here we are having played in back to back, with a chance to go to a third and win 2 in a row very much still alive. A lot of sunshine pumpers are as All In as you will ever find, but I believe only Dabo foresaw what is truly going on today and the extent that this program has risen.

Great article David***

Dec 21, 2017, 8:22 PM

Great article, David Hood!

Dec 22, 2017, 6:01 AM

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic