Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another ACC Championship complaint
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Another ACC Championship complaint

Dec 5, 2019, 12:07 PM

So I had a random thought and this may be germans. As we all know when it comes to the Power 5 conference championship games, the ACC Championship is by far in the worst location. 3 others play in domes and the 4th is in Cali while we get Charlotte in the winter. So I was wondering is anyone has ever purposed to move the SEC Championship to New Orleans and put the ACC in Atlanta. Just seems like it would make more sense. I know HQ for the SEC is in Atlanta and ACC is in NC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another ACC Championship complaint

Dec 5, 2019, 12:12 PM

That is too simple so Swofford will never accept that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 12:14 PM

Swoff has our back- ok actually our wallet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By it being in CLT, he actually does.

Dec 5, 2019, 4:42 PM

Though as with everything else, the ADs actually decide.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Another ACC Championship complaint ]

I like where it is 1 hour away and don’t have to stay over night but I do anyway and #### on ATL

I'm sure the SEC Commissioner would be glad to help the poor

Dec 5, 2019, 12:14 PM

ACC out and move their Championship game to NO!

We're waiting for the Panthers owner to build a dome***

Dec 5, 2019, 12:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Of course when a dome is built the game will move to Tampa***

Dec 5, 2019, 2:21 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I personally love it in Charlotte and I hope

Dec 5, 2019, 12:18 PM

it never moves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I personally love it in Charlotte and I hope

Dec 5, 2019, 12:26 PM

Agreed... and football is meant to be played out doors.

Speaking entirely for myself...

Dec 5, 2019, 12:32 PM

I'd rather play the games indoors, at least the games that are played late in the season.

I suspect anyone who sat in the cold and/or the rain in Charlotte last year or in Tampa three years ago would agree with me.

Two years ago in New Orleans, if we had been outside, it would have been miserable. That was one really cold and windy night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah it's miserable.. but you can say you were

Dec 5, 2019, 1:11 PM

There.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Speaking entirely for myself...

Dec 5, 2019, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Speaking entirely for myself... ]

I was there last year and had a good time. You need to have your man card takin poor thing

It not a matter of fan comfort...

Dec 5, 2019, 2:20 PM

although that is a benefit.

Playing outdoors this time if year is unfair to the teams because weather can adversely impact the outcome.

There is a reason why most of the championship games are played at indoor venues.

Last year was fun but the attendance was lousy largely because of the weather.

Dec 5, 2019, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Speaking entirely for myself... ]

Yeah, that is why TV was invented - for all the poor souls who can't stand the weather.

Dec 5, 2019, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Speaking entirely for myself... ]

Clemson should build a dome after the ND game so you can stay dry and warm lol

Dec 5, 2019, 4:49 PM

With escalators to the upper deck. Fine with me!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Speaking entirely for myself... ]

What a pansy!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll cosign that...The smartest thing the ACC has done in

Dec 5, 2019, 1:34 PM [ in reply to I personally love it in Charlotte and I hope ]

the last decade was move the game to Charlotte

Agreed. Besides, it's late Fall, not Winter yet.

Dec 5, 2019, 5:18 PM

Being an air hub like it is makes it very reasonable for fans to fly in from all over as well. Besides, there's probably going to be new hotness there in the next 5 years in terms of venue, and we'll have it all to ourselves.

Hope we get the MB Dome this year still for a semi. Even better were it to be UGA if they beat LSU.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The SEC always gets what they want.

Dec 5, 2019, 12:19 PM

Surely you know that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The SEC always gets what they want.

Dec 5, 2019, 12:21 PM

Lol yeah I'm aware. I know this will never happen because it makes to much sense.

Nah, the Pac 12 championship is in the worst location right

Dec 5, 2019, 12:23 PM

now. But that will change next year when it moves to the new stadium in Vegas.

As for your question.. it's not going to happen because the SEC would rather be in Atlanta and Atlanta would rather have the SEC than the ACC. It's as simple as that.

A few years ago, it was suggested...

Dec 5, 2019, 12:28 PM

that the ACC play in the Georgia Dome on Friday night and the $EC play on Saturday.

However, the Georgia Dome said no because they host high school playoff/championship games on Friday nights in early December.

Playing a championship on a short week so a bunch of you

Dec 5, 2019, 1:37 PM

####### can sit indoors is about the stupidest thing I have heard related to this subject...If you can't take the weather, stay the fooook at home

This isn't fan related...

Dec 5, 2019, 2:18 PM

Playing outdoors this time if year is unfair to the teams because weather can adversely impact the outcome.

There is a reason why most of the championship games are played at indoor venues.

Are you overlooking the fact that a short week can also

Dec 5, 2019, 2:43 PM

adversely impact the outcome? Last regular season game we lost was indoors...on a SHORT week

I'm not an advocate of the Friday championship game...

Dec 5, 2019, 2:52 PM

that was something the league merely contemplated albeit briefly.

Dec 5, 2019, 12:33 PM

If people complain too much about not having a dome, I'm sure Swofford would move it to Syracuse. Charlotte isn't so bad.

Old Superdome vs New Mercedez Benz Stadium...no comparison***

Dec 5, 2019, 1:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe if we keep winning NC's, we can help the Panthers

Dec 5, 2019, 2:06 PM

build a dome. ??

Yeesh, where to begin?

Dec 5, 2019, 2:26 PM

Look, I’m a lifelong Atlanta resident so obviously I would love to have the game played here. But do you honestly think the SEC is going to move their game away from their epicenter just so the pool little ACC teams don’t catch a case of the shivers up in Charlotte?

Atlanta is an even bigger slam-dunk of a location for the SEC than it would be for the ACC. ATL is SEC country like it or not and it’s in everybody’s best interest, especially the city of Atlanta and the SEC, for the game to stay where it is.

Charlotte also makes more sense for the ACC geographically

Would you prefer they move the ACC game back to Jacksonville?? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be careful they’ll move it to Durham.***

Dec 5, 2019, 4:22 PM

CLT is like a home game for us. Why would anyone

Dec 5, 2019, 4:39 PM

want to move it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they are little pansy idiots who need something to

Dec 5, 2019, 4:43 PM

cry about. Charlotte is not the worst location. All of the other places where they have held it with tens of people in attendance were far worse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2019, 4:54 PM

I’ve been to Charlotte Bank of America Stadium 3 times and I must say, it’s a dump. Beautifully located, in a vibrant, modern Downtown location but it’s just not “all that.” I would love to move the ACC Championship to another location but where? Nashville? Miami? Orlando? Tampa Bay? We need to do something different because North Carolina is the center of Swofford’s kingdom. That combined with the fact the stadium sux I’m ready to move it.

Dec 5, 2019, 4:59 PM

User Logo
Daboallin
Associate AD [839]
TigerPulse: 79%
Posted: Dec 5, 2019 4:54 PM

I’ve been to Charlotte Bank of America Stadium 3 times and I must say, it’s a dump. Beautifully located, in a vibrant, modern Downtown location but it’s just not “all that.” I would love to move the ACC Championship to another location but where? Nashville? Miami? Orlando? Tampa Bay? We need to do something different because North Carolina is the center of Swofford’s kingdom. That combined with the fact the stadium sux I’m ready to move it.

CHARLOTTE IS CENTRALLY LOCATED AND IS A VERY EASY DRIVE FOR MOST CLEMSON FANS. COULD HAVE SWORN WE GO TO A GAME TO WATCH THE GAME, NOT BE FED GRAPES BY SOME HOT CHICK. DO WE NOT SPEND ENOUGH MONEY GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS. GUESS SOME OF US DONT HAVE YOUR CASH.

Dec 5, 2019, 9:06 PM

Well, I don’t care about a dome or not, but now I’m in favor of adding hot chicks feeding us grapes! Has anyone started this petition yet?

Dec 5, 2019, 4:55 PM

User Logo
TigerBolt11
Varsity [210]
TigerPulse: 100%
Anoth­er ACC Championship complaint
Posted: Dec 5, 2019 12:07 PM

So I had a random thought and this may be germans. As we all know when it comes to the Power 5 conference championship games, the ACC Championship is by far in the worst location. 3 others play in domes and the 4th is in Cali while we get Charlotte in the winter. So I was wondering is anyone has ever purposed to move the SEC Championship to New Orleans and put the ACC in Atlanta. Just seems like it would make more sense. I know HQ for the SEC is in Atlanta and ACC is in NC.

SO, THE SEC IS GONNA JUST SAY HEY ACC WHY DONT YALL COME ON DOWN TO ATLANTA AND PLAY IN OUR VENUE. WE WILL MOVE TO NEW ORLEANS, NO PROBLEM. COME ON DOWN. THE WEATHER HAS BEEN FINE IN CHARLOTTE EXCEPT FOR LAST YEAR.

Dec 5, 2019, 7:14 PM

This sounds like Saban whining about it being too hot for a nooner.

i mean it’s gonna be 54 degrees

Dec 5, 2019, 7:17 PM

Put on a sweatshirt, you’ll survive

Re: i mean it’s gonna be 54 degrees

Dec 5, 2019, 8:59 PM

I like the easy drive to Charlotte and I like teams playing on real grass. Last year was fine. We wore something warm and had ponchos and had a great time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More like 45 at kickoff.***

Dec 5, 2019, 10:54 PM [ in reply to i mean it’s gonna be 54 degrees ]

Playing the game at 1:00 pm would be nice.***

Dec 5, 2019, 9:22 PM

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic