Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RATM + RTJ in Raleigh
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 281

RATM + RTJ in Raleigh

Feb 11, 2020, 8:05 AM

Only Southeast show. Bigly national tour though.

clemsonrulez08®
Obed (HUGE RTJ fan)

https://twitter.com/RATM/status/1227017127829352449?s=20

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Little Caesars Arena BABY!!!!!!!

Feb 11, 2020, 8:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RATM + RTJ in Raleigh

Feb 11, 2020, 8:13 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iragyhVgLOg

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always thought this band was very appropriately named.

Feb 11, 2020, 8:31 AM

The big takeaway I have whenever I hear that kind of music is anger/rage. It's sad to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I always thought this band was very appropriately named.

Feb 11, 2020, 8:36 AM

Re: I always thought this band was very appropriately named.

Feb 11, 2020, 8:38 AM [ in reply to I always thought this band was very appropriately named. ]

Look man, not everybody can be Jars of Clay.***

Feb 11, 2020, 8:40 AM [ in reply to I always thought this band was very appropriately named. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More like Jars of GAY amirite?***

Feb 11, 2020, 8:40 AM

Never heard of them, but

Feb 11, 2020, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Look man, not everybody can be Jars of Clay.*** ]

I'm sure their music is very down-to-earth.

I don't know where you get anger?

Feb 11, 2020, 8:50 AM [ in reply to I always thought this band was very appropriately named. ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should at least try smiling a little when he sings.***

Feb 11, 2020, 8:58 AM

This is the content I am here for. Prod's hot takes on 90's

Feb 11, 2020, 8:58 AM [ in reply to I always thought this band was very appropriately named. ]

RnR/Grunge Bands.

TheProdigal, what is your take on Alice In Chains?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never heard of them, but

Feb 11, 2020, 9:07 AM

I feel bad for whoever Alice is.

Re: Never heard of them, but

Feb 11, 2020, 9:13 AM

Re: Never heard of them, but

Feb 11, 2020, 9:14 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This not a joke: I believe "heavy metal" music

Feb 11, 2020, 9:03 AM [ in reply to I always thought this band was very appropriately named. ]

is in the Bible.

When Moses was up on Mt. Sinai for a long time, while he was gone, the people of Israel, led by Aaron, made a golden calf. Then they basically had a big party. When Moses came off the mountain, they were singing and dancing, Joshua made a very interesting comment to Moses. Joshua said, not knowing what he was hearing, "There is a noise of war in the camp." After a closer listen, he said "It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear."

The "music" the people were making sounding to Joshua like the sound of war. That's exactly what I think of whenever I hear this kind of music, and I imagine there were a lot of similarities to what Joshua and Moses were hearing. Very loud, metallic sound, banging, more screaming as opposed to melodies/harmonies, etc.

Heavy Metal music is nothing more than Satan breaking wind.***

Feb 11, 2020, 9:04 AM

Should I burn my John Denver tapes like God burned the

Feb 11, 2020, 9:10 AM [ in reply to This not a joke: I believe "heavy metal" music ]

bushes in front of Moses?

I DO NOT want to go to hell for the music I listen to.

You should definitely burn John Denver tapes

Feb 11, 2020, 9:11 AM

but that has nothing to do with sin or heaven or hell. It's just probably the best use for John Denver tapes.

Done, and I video'd it for your viewing pleasure

Feb 11, 2020, 9:16 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHtapecQRAE

Re: This not a joke: I believe "heavy metal" music

Feb 11, 2020, 9:19 AM [ in reply to This not a joke: I believe "heavy metal" music ]

Anger/rage are legit emotions, too

Feb 12, 2020, 12:04 PM [ in reply to I always thought this band was very appropriately named. ]

One thing you're missing in RATM is the pure groove of the music. Yes, the point of a lot of it is literally anger against "systems of oppression" (ie. everything, for anarchists), but as music goes, it's pretty thrilling, primal stuff.

Also, let's not pretend that Christianity isn't pretty metal at times. There's righteous, Godly anger, there's hosts of angels and demons, there's apocalypse, and there are angels of death slaughtering whole towns.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can only imagine the politics of that show

Feb 12, 2020, 11:58 AM

The music will be good, though

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 281
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic