Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly says Clemson good place to win Heisman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Apr 25, 2011, 10:40 PM

Clemson and Florida St. have developed a heated rivalry on the football field, and now may be going head-to-head for the one of the nation’s top quarterback recruits. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly says Clemson good place to win Heisman

Apr 25, 2011, 11:01 PM

I would welcome this kid. I think he has the skill set to succeed in our new offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love this kid's attitude.

Apr 25, 2011, 11:22 PM

He doesn't just wanna be good. He wants to be the BEST. Come to Clemson, Chad.

Oh, and we all know who the TRUE Heisman winner for the '09 season should have been.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: Kelly says Clemson good place to win Heisman

Apr 26, 2011, 12:26 AM

come on boy...getyousome!!

the kid sure runs alot. would do wonders

Apr 26, 2011, 1:49 AM

in our spread with that running an accuracy.

Only thing against us sounds like

Apr 26, 2011, 6:41 AM

the fact that we don't have a pro style offense now. We did last year and you saw how that worked out. Cam Newton couldn't call a play out in the Gruden Camp show, but he is still going to go in the first round so Kely shouldn't be worried about the pro styke aspect. If he is an intellegent kid, he should pick it up quickly. Our QB's will still have to make reads at the line correct? Hope he will come to Death Valley, looks like a good one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only thing against us sounds like

Apr 26, 2011, 7:33 AM

i believe Chad would be a better passer than Cam was, so even without being able to call a play, with this kids smarts he could pick up the plays his rookie year in the NFL (as i figure most players have to do anyways)

he actually prefers our spread i believe

Apr 26, 2011, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Only thing against us sounds like ]

he runs a spread at his highschool...

Well, that goes to show you, Chad really IS getting

Apr 26, 2011, 7:17 AM

some very good insight from his uncle. One thing is for sure, though, Heisman winners definitely go to the NFL. Not only that, they get picked very high in the draft.

You can't go wrong winning the Heisman, Chad!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Charlie Ward says Hi!***

Apr 26, 2011, 9:03 AM

So does Eric Crouch***

Apr 26, 2011, 9:05 AM

Crouch is a better example. However, he was considered

Apr 26, 2011, 9:16 AM

too short to play QB. The Rams drafted him as a wide receiver.

Considering Chad is 6'3", I think he'd surely go in the first round if he won the Heisman.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Andre Ware, Danny Wuerffel, all Miami QB's say hi too***

Apr 26, 2011, 3:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not a good example. If Charlie hadn't been so vocal

Apr 26, 2011, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Charlie Ward says Hi!*** ]

about the NBA, his draft status likely would have been first-round. He made it very well known that he was NBA first and NFL second. Who wants to spend a first round pick on a guy like that?

Re: Well, that goes to show you, Chad really IS getting

Apr 26, 2011, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Well, that goes to show you, Chad really IS getting ]

Jason White says hello

Very weak knee. Come on guys, list all the Heisman

Apr 26, 2011, 9:20 AM

winners who got first-round millions. There are always anomalies and exceptions.

"they have tutors"

Apr 26, 2011, 9:20 AM

Don't most schools?

Also, what makes him think he could win a Heisman here? We have never had one and given the fact that CJ wasn't strongly considered would leave me to believe there is a bias against Clemson have any Heisman winners. Still happy he is considering us. Just thought those were some unusual statements.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: "they have tutors"

Apr 26, 2011, 9:23 AM

I think the Heisman/NFL comparison came from Jim Kelly. He was projecting that our offense would make him a star, whereas FSU's would prepare him for the NFL.

My point was he'd have a great shot at the first round of the draft if he indeed won the Heisman.

FSU's tutors give you copies of the test or take it for you.

Apr 26, 2011, 4:31 PM [ in reply to "they have tutors" ]

So....FSU's tutors are not like Clemson tutors. This kid may not be very smart if he's worried about tutors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "they have tutors"

Apr 27, 2011, 12:34 PM [ in reply to "they have tutors" ]

If there was any bias the year that CJ was eligible for "The Trophy" it was a bias towards Timmy T. down in Gainesville not away from Clemson.

There is always a bias towards schools that have played in or contended for the SEC, PAC-10, or Big-10 (12???).

Forget about any bias against Clemson. We win games people pay attention. We continue to loose the one we should win, people forget about us.

Stop crying and hope the kids to Tiger Town.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Jim the uncle that has been taking the visits with him?***

Apr 26, 2011, 10:17 AM

I think so***

Apr 26, 2011, 10:25 AM

No, different uncle.***

Apr 26, 2011, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Is Jim the uncle that has been taking the visits with him?*** ]

He's my #1 QB target for next years class.

Apr 26, 2011, 11:00 AM

Take a look at his film if you haven't.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's my #1 QB target for next years class.

Apr 26, 2011, 11:08 AM

I can't even come close to predicting a Heisman for Kelly - regardless of where he plays. But - this guy is possibly the best that I've seen coming in. His running and passing combo makes him the perfect college QB IMO. He reminds me of Woody Dantzler with his ability to run or pass - except he appears to be better at BOTH. That would be phenomenal in our offense. I'm not sure that anyone in the ACC would beat us with this guy. If we land him - Dabo needs a serious raise (and I'm usually opposed to all these raises for no real results - but this would be an exception).

FSU knows if we get him, they lose to us for 3-4 years and get to watch us play in the ACCCG each of those years. I would expect the reverse to be true too. Recruit hard guys. This one counts volumes.

Re: He's my #1 QB target for next years class.

Apr 26, 2011, 11:19 AM

Better runner than Woody???? I doubt it!

Ding ding

Apr 27, 2011, 10:34 AM

Woody would have started at tailback anywhere. He was a beast. Not a fabulous passer, but you couldn't beat his feet.

Wow, that sure sounds encouraging! I posted the other day

Apr 26, 2011, 11:52 AM

that I felt our chances were slim if uncle Jim was gonna be a major influence. Sounds like I was wrong. Please don't tell my wife and kids.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I thought Willy Korn was going to win the Heisman***

Apr 26, 2011, 7:44 PM

And I thought George Rogers wasn't a cokehead......

Apr 26, 2011, 7:53 PM

guess we were both wrong

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

L M A O***

Apr 26, 2011, 11:25 PM

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic