Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Court documents reveal perceived value of missing piece of Howard's Rock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

New Story: Court documents reveal perceived value of missing piece of Howard's Rock

Jul 28, 2015, 8:02 AM

Court documents reveal perceived value of missing piece of Howard's Rock

How much is Howard’s Rock worth to the Clemson faithful? It’s priceless. There isn’t a dollar amount that can be attached to the venerated and iconic rock that Clemson coaches and players have touched prior to each home football game since 1966. However, documents introduced into court last week reveal the perceived cost of the missing piece of the iconic rock.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Court documents reveal perceived value of missing piece of Howard's Rock

Jul 28, 2015, 8:09 AM

Wah wah wah Wah wah priceless....

null

The rock is worth about 1/10th the amount of the

Jul 28, 2015, 8:10 AM

cost of the appraisal. Makes sense in the legal world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 32-134k appraisal

Jul 28, 2015, 8:20 AM

Was for the missing piece, not the entire thing. Read the conclusion very slowly.

The jury determined that the missing piece of the

Jul 28, 2015, 8:41 AM

rock was worth less than $2000, which included the damage to the case. The appraisal cost $20,000 which is 10 times the amount of the damage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yet we protected it with cheap acrylic and a B&W camera

Jul 28, 2015, 8:12 AM

shoot, we didn't protect it for years.

How the helll did the idiots on OJ's trial get to Pickens?

Jul 28, 2015, 8:14 AM

Seem like two of the moran who though DNA was a Rapper showed up thinking our Rock must be just compressed dirt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Location of the stolen portion of The Rock?

Jul 28, 2015, 8:16 AM

Did the location of the stolen piece come out during trial?

No...the accused has never admitted to taking it.

Jul 28, 2015, 8:21 AM

as any such admission would have been detrimental to his defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That means its buried out there somewhere.

Jul 28, 2015, 8:24 AM

Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Clemson needs to tell him.....

Jul 28, 2015, 8:37 AM

that in exchange for returning the missing piece of The Rock, the University will agree not to pursue a civil case against him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stated that missing Chip worth $32K to $65,000..do why was

Jul 28, 2015, 8:41 AM

The verdict and/or sentence based on the value being under $10k?!

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The jury did not agree with that appraisal they agreed

Jul 28, 2015, 8:43 AM

with the coot lawyer. His value was less than $2000.

Only a couple agreed with the coot.

Jul 28, 2015, 9:15 AM

I've read the majority believe it worth more than 2K.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The same reason OJ and Casey Anthony walked....

Jul 28, 2015, 9:05 AM [ in reply to stated that missing Chip worth $32K to $65,000..do why was ]

Members of a jury aren't always the brightest bulbs in the box.

Re: Clemson needs to tell him.....

Jul 28, 2015, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Clemson needs to tell him..... ]

guess some of you just cant realize the rock case is over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can tell you without hesitation or reservation.....

Jul 28, 2015, 9:08 AM

that the University is absolutely considering whether or not to pursue a civil case against Mr. Rogers.

strike "not to pursue" and replace with "to a cap on"

Jul 28, 2015, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Clemson needs to tell him..... ]

for the return of the rock, the school would sue for a more reasonable, capped amount.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That means its buried out there somewhere.

Jul 28, 2015, 9:59 AM [ in reply to That means its buried out there somewhere. ]

I have very special skills that make a nightmare for people like young Micah. I could get it back.

Aug 1, 2015, 8:36 PM

Waterboard that punk and he'll tell where our rock is.

Aug 1, 2015, 10:04 PM

I can make him talk, if he really knows where it is. Most people don't have the stomach for it. I have no problem at all with getting the information. How much he suffers in the process is his decision.

Dear BigCUFan and those like you....

Jul 28, 2015, 10:54 AM [ in reply to No...the accused has never admitted to taking it. ]

it is no longer appropriate to call Micah Rogers the "accused"....

he was convicted, and therefore he is

the "crook" or the "perp"...

just a common thug and criminal.

Unless I'm mistaken.....

Jul 28, 2015, 11:09 AM

he was only convicted of damaging the Rock not stealing it which we all know is a complete load of ****.

yes, you are mistaken...hard to damage what you don't also take

Jul 28, 2015, 9:51 PM

either way he's still a thug, a perp, and a criminal.

que pasa bubbie?

If they start the bid at 134,000 ...

Jul 28, 2015, 8:16 AM

I bet there are some people who would pay over 1,000,000 for it $-)

I agree.***

Jul 28, 2015, 4:35 PM

So will the $20,000 be considered a part of the court costs

Jul 28, 2015, 8:31 AM

that Rogers will have to pay? If so, we are finally looking at a punitive fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

TL;DR

Jul 28, 2015, 8:40 AM

Christ can't they just summarize this?

You get through school on Cliff Notes?

Jul 28, 2015, 9:10 AM

There was actually some interesting specific information in the conclusion, if you read it.

Cliff Notes are too much effort. I got Cliff Notes on tape.***

Jul 28, 2015, 4:37 PM

Re: New Story: Court documents reveal perceived value of missing piece of Howard's Rock

Jul 28, 2015, 9:47 AM

Is Clemson University legally allowed to ban him on campus and all on-campus events? Just a thought.

Jul 28, 2015, 12:24 PM

I was at that game and will never forget it. Rest in peace coach,your Rock is safe.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2015, 12:35 PM

Is it possible for Clemson to file a civil suit to recover the damages? Check out this Rogers bunch @ Michael J. Rogers Masonry. It appears they have assets.

The vandalism made the rock more valuable.

Jul 28, 2015, 12:47 PM

The vandalism added a chapter in the rocks long history, making the rock that much more of one of NCAA footballs greatest traditions.

The only thing that would have made this chapter better would have been to see the vandal receive a severe punishment such as 5 years in jail.

Too many big words for a jury

Jul 28, 2015, 2:31 PM

your average jury has one or two smart people doing their civic duty and then a bunch of people who were too dumb to get out of jury duty.

Wasn't there a reward offered for the missing piece?

Jul 28, 2015, 3:06 PM

If not, I'm sure that a university, IPTAY or crowd-sourced reward fund for the return of the missing piece could have easily raised over $2,000. Wouldn't that have proven that is was indeed, without question, worth more?

If there was a $25,000 reward for the return, how would it not be worth $25,000?

Jul 28, 2015, 9:05 PM

was at the game in '66,but never realized that's when the rock was born.i was also the first time that my friends and i ran onto the field.anybody remember the name of Virginia's qb?a real arrogant jerk.very glad to see him lose and keep the streak alive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I would pay more than appraised values for a 1" rock

Jul 28, 2015, 10:15 PM

...if sold by Clemson. Not giving a penny to the dip$hit who split it apart.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would pay more than appraised values for a 1" rock

Jul 29, 2015, 10:51 AM

It's easy to see that those 1" pieces of rock are undervalued in this appraisal. Just take a look at how many alumni have purchased a Clemson ring and they cost MUCH more than the $100 estimated. They should have used numbers from Clemson rings sold to truly appreciate what alumni are willing to spend on their school and how much value our traditions have to us.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic