Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saban defended the fake FG saying...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Saban defended the fake FG saying...

Jan 8, 2019, 1:48 PM

it was a good call but one player missed their block?

I was drunk and could tell before the snap that Clemson defenders were lined up looking for a fake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a number of his comments before, during, and after the

Jan 8, 2019, 1:49 PM

game left me thinking he's not really in touch with the game anymore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, if they committed to running the ball

Jan 8, 2019, 1:51 PM

it would have been a close game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was an odd game plan to say the least

Jan 8, 2019, 1:54 PM

They were easily reeling off 7-8 yards a carry between the 20s. Once they got in the redzone it like Rob Spence was calling the plays.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And we had Kevin Steele as our DC, lol.

Jan 15, 2014, 7:46 PM

Granted, Kevin Steele couldn't have ultimately stopped them like Venables' group did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Counterpoint

Jan 8, 2019, 2:03 PM [ in reply to You know, if they committed to running the ball ]

they ran the ball well between the 10s's basically. After they got into the red zone, the safeties don't have to play so deep and the run support gets tighter and tighter until they get inside the five, at which point the run and pass are much harder to accomplish against our defense. I think them moving the ball with the run was just something we knew they were going to do as long as we were taking away the deep shot, and we were confident that we could keep them out of the end zone.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

saban gonna kirby***

Jan 8, 2019, 1:50 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"poor decision on my part no to kick a field goal"

Jan 8, 2019, 1:54 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/saban-discusses-botched-fake-field-goal/vi-BBRYeCJ

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was one player that didn't seem to think he

Jan 8, 2019, 1:55 PM

should be blocking, like he missed the playcall or something. But I don't think they necessarily get the first down anyway.

My assessment is Alabama was looking past Clemson

Jan 8, 2019, 1:58 PM

To what....IDK other than hoisting the trophy. The did make mental mistakes and Clemson capitalized on them. But that wasn't the whole story. Our defense held strong in the redzone

They thought they'd come out and destroy Clemson. So they played lazy and it showed on that play

I don't think so...

Jan 8, 2019, 2:05 PM

I think we had a game plan for them and when it worked and we got up a couple of scores, Saban couldn't figure it out because it had been that long since he was down a couple of scores.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swag last to put him down that much.***

Jan 8, 2019, 2:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably not many situations before last night...

Jan 8, 2019, 2:38 PM [ in reply to I don't think so... ]

Where they really had to throw the ball, and it exposed some weakness. They played from way ahead all year because they jumped out to big leads.

Re: Saban defended the fake FG saying...

Jan 8, 2019, 2:09 PM

It is partially true. Watch it again. They had 3 guys blocking 1 guy. The blocks were missed. I still don't think it would have worked anyway. Weren't they about 3rd and 6?

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic