Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And we gave them bulletin board material
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

And we gave them bulletin board material

Dec 27, 2016, 1:45 PM

Smh

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2016-fiesta-bowl/2016/12/78498/clemson-safety-jadar-johnson-weve-definitely-played-better-quarterbacks-than-jt-barrett

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And we gave them bulletin board material

Dec 27, 2016, 1:47 PM

Eh. We all know it's true

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Dec 27, 2016, 2:17 PM

Yep, Jake Bentley for starters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have gone with Jackson, but...

Dec 27, 2016, 2:49 PM

We played one Heisman winner and a couple guys who may be first round or at least first day picks. Kaya and Trubisky, not to mention Evans and McClendon, who both have bright futures.

Re: I would have gone with Jackson, but...

Dec 27, 2016, 4:37 PM

Was a jab at the house coots. ??

Dec 27, 2016, 1:51 PM

Remember the time WVU gave us "bulletin board material" by sending that letter with the newspaper clippings to Sikes before the orange bowl? How did that work out for us? One comment is not going to impact the game. Oh and Jadar is right.

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/WVU-fan-taunts-Swinney-Clemson-letter-10251&nextbox=1

Dec 27, 2016, 1:54 PM

Remember the time Oklahoma called Ohio states defense "basic". #### didnt work out for them either. They take that to heart and shredded them. Better to stay humble than to give them any motivation or chips on their shoulders.

Dec 27, 2016, 1:56 PM

11W even made a shirt out of it...

https://drygoods.elevenwarriors.com/products/basic-defense-tee

Dec 27, 2016, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: And we gave them bulletin board material ]

Oklahoma ? Have you been watching what Clemson does to teams named Oklahoma ?
Trust me , when making comparisons for telling Clemson that they better watch out for this or that because this could happen to them ...don't use the OU defense as the example , it makes the funny pages .
Clemson is better defensively that any team OSU will have faced over the last 2 seasons . Find a better comparison and get back to us .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 27, 2016, 2:59 PM

Not OUs defense. OUs offense. Which is ranked higher than Clemsons in total offense.

Dec 27, 2016, 4:02 PM

I would love to see our offensive ranking after playing their schedule.

Dec 27, 2016, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: And we gave them bulletin board material ]

Right , against who ? How many top 25 teams did OU beat this year ? Were they effective against the Buckeye defense ?
Do you even football , bro ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Fun fact: There are zero top fifty defenses in the Big XII.***

Dec 27, 2016, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: And we gave them bulletin board material ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

focus on usf lady

Dec 27, 2016, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: And we gave them bulletin board material ]

don't take your eyes off the prize

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jan 1, 2017, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Re: And we gave them bulletin board material ]

Bump...

We did play against the Heisman winner...and won.

Dec 27, 2016, 1:53 PM

Is it "bulletin board material" if it's true?

Re: We did play against the Heisman winner...and won.

Dec 27, 2016, 1:55 PM

> Is it "bulletin board material" if it's true?

Ohio state does play a basic scheme on defense. But Oklahomas comment still fired them up.

Dec 27, 2016, 2:42 PM

cocklover

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Dec 27, 2016, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: We did play against the Heisman winner...and won. ]

Oklahoma < Clemson

Shouldn't be too hard to figure it out. BB material never really has much impact in the game in my opinion. Pre game, sure. You're all ready to prove something until you get smacked in the mouth. Better team on that day wins the game, not the "bulletin board material".

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And...why is the OP pretending to be a Clemson fan.

Dec 27, 2016, 2:00 PM [ in reply to We did play against the Heisman winner...and won. ]

Her post history of less than 10 posts says she's definitely not a Clemson fan.

Re: And...why is the OP pretending to be a Clemson fan.

Dec 27, 2016, 2:05 PM

So any new comer who has never seen this sight cant in their right minds be a clemson fan. How dare anyone new join this forum.

Every single post you've made do far is negative toward

Dec 27, 2016, 2:14 PM

Clemson. It seems that elevenwarriors is your real home.

I highly doubt that you're a Clemson man based on

Dec 27, 2016, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: And...why is the OP pretending to be a Clemson fan. ]

your username poking fun at how some mispronounce our name.

And the fact that you used sight instead of site...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: And...why is the OP pretending to be a Clemson fan.

Dec 27, 2016, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: And...why is the OP pretending to be a Clemson fan. ]

cocklover

Dec 27, 2016, 1:54 PM

Most of the comments from the 11W faithful actually agree with his comments, but are stunned that he would actually say it out loud. Urban made up BB material when Florida played OSU in 2007, why would you give him actual BB material?

And now it's hit Bleacher Report. Jadar is on fire today - let's hope he's also getting roasted Saturday.

Let's see, which QB's has Clemson played that are better

Dec 27, 2016, 2:13 PM

than JT?

According to QBR rankings:
#3 Jackson, oh snap.
#10 Peterman (Pitt)
#13 Francois (FSU)
#20 Evans (VT)
#25 Thomas (GT)
#34 White (Auburn)

#39 JT Barrett

How is pointing out the obvious BB material?

Re: Let's see, which QB's has Clemson played that are better

Dec 27, 2016, 2:29 PM

So if Malik Hooker tomorrow says "Yeah, DeShaun throws a lot of interceptions" y'all would just roll with that? C'mon, if I set the over/under on # of threads started about that comment at 50 you would easily take the over. He took a shot at the opponent before the game. Whether or not it's true is irrelevant. Why? Because the other team will use it as BB material.

He did thow a bunch of int's...so what? BTW, I've seen that

Dec 27, 2016, 2:38 PM

a LOT in the past several weeks, though not from a tOSU player. Then again, I don't really care about what an opposing player thinks and don't normally even read their interviews.

We have our share (maybe more than our share) of snowflake "we're being disrespected" pansy fans...I hate them too.

Everyone run to your safe space, Noodle just said he hates you.

Oh, who is Malik Hooker? ;)

Re: He did thow a bunch of int's...so what? BTW, I've seen that

Dec 27, 2016, 2:47 PM

I hope you find out who he is on Saturday.... :)

I'm sorry, I like in the Upstate, so I'm listening to 105.5 or 105.9 all the time, and I hear so much crying from (some*) Clemson faithful and it always strikes me as minor league stuff. The strides your program has taken in the last five years have been HUGE, and yet, I still hear the fans crying when ESPN or SI picks your opponent to win the game, or some other insignificant proclamation about your team.

For the record, I don't disagree with Johnson's comments, JT has struggled MIGHTILY this year, but I'm stunned that an opponent would say that and *essentially* say Samuel is only good cause he's played trash defenses this year.

Well, there's the problem...you'd have to be crazy to listen

Dec 27, 2016, 2:56 PM

to Upstate sports talk. Those people are psychotic. They represent a very small minority of Clemson fans.

You should change the channel.

It would make you feel better.

Re: Well, there's the problem...you'd have to be crazy to listen

Dec 27, 2016, 3:00 PM

I'm open to suggestions. Walt is someone I respect, he's usually right and generally reasonable, as well as seemingly unbiased.

However, he's had a rough year of picks. Tennessee? Even after the App State and Florida games? Really? (Full disclosure, I had ND in the final four)

Clemson played the Almighty to within 5...

Dec 27, 2016, 4:17 PM

in the national championship last year, and that margin of victory included a kickoff return for touchdown. Here we are back in the CFP, in the position just AHEAD of you, and yet Vegas has us a dog to you. It's eerily similar to last year's semi-final when we were undefeated and ranked #1 facing Oklahoma. Vegas made us 3.5 point dogs in that one... do you happen to remember how that game ended up? We humiliated them, just like we did the previous year. We are a stronger football program than Oklahoma.

Did you have Clemson in your final 4 before the 2016 season? We beat ND last year... and we beat you the year before that. We were underdogs in ALL of those games, and lost ONE of them.

Is that disrespect? Maybe. If so, who cares. If we're good enough we'll prove it on field, just like in Orange Bowl a few years back when we were a Vegas dog to the mighty buckeyes. What you may be sensing is annoyance that we are considered underdogs when there's no reason that we shouldn't be favored over you, over Oklahoma, over Notre Dame, over whoever. We're tired of those twerps on ESPN who list us as underdogs when we've proven we can and will beat teams like Ohio State, Oklahoma, LSU, whoever.

Do you expect our players to be scared of the mighty buckeyes? You should have learned that neither we nor our players are intimidated by your team or your coach. We respect you, but there's no fear. Admit it; THAT'S what's bothering you, isn't it? It just doesn't compute that our players would dare talk smack to the mighty hickory nuts. Please... tell your players to go ahead and talk some smack; we don't give a crap! Clemson players and fans eat that stuff up!! If you saw some woo-hooing snowflake complaining about some smack talk, then disregard them. They are many standard deviations from the norm.

Don't you get it by now? Haven't you seen enough to learn? We LIVE for games like this. We BEAT teams like you. If anyone should be nervous, it's YOU.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson played the Almighty to within 5...

Dec 27, 2016, 6:30 PM

POTD!!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Walt's worse prediction was Marshall as a stalwart.

Dec 27, 2016, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, there's the problem...you'd have to be crazy to listen ]

As for the BB mat'l, your ORT is gonna need all the help he can get to neutralize Christian Wilkins.

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Dec 27, 2016, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: He did thow a bunch of int's...so what? BTW, I've seen that ]

JT Barrett is trash.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please sage Buckeye fan, teach us the way of

Dec 27, 2016, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: He did thow a bunch of int's...so what? BTW, I've seen that ]

being true fans of an elite team, from your extensive experience.
Please tell me that Ohio State fans don't complain over small crap, so I know you are not in touch with the public perception of your fan base.

Dec 27, 2016, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: He did thow a bunch of int's...so what? BTW, I've seen that ]

I'd love to hear why you think OSU should be favored over Clemson in this game .
Do tell .

DB23

Dec 27, 2016, 4:33 PM

I grew up best friends with a Buckeye fan who's dad got stationed in the Navy in Charleston then retired to Moncks Corner . The family still to this day cannot accept the 78 Gator Bowl and most recently the 2013 Orange Bowl results.
When Clemson owns a team like OSU it hurts the hardcore fans the most , because they want to remind us of their multiple National Championships to ours or that we have no Heisman winners and they had a guy who won back to back ( Peter Griffin , I believe ) .
Simple fact is that you're 0-2 against Clemson and I truly believe are about to be 0-3 .
You can look at the brighter side though , Sackerlina also has a Heisman guy and we totally own them as well .
People helping people.

DB23

Dec 27, 2016, 5:01 PM

Some teams have 100 years of tradition to hang their hat on and others have two days 35 years apart.

How could any Clemson fan be offended by the things you say?

Dec 27, 2016, 5:07 PM

Funny thing is, we heard the same thing from Oklahoma the last 2 years, and we heard it from Ohio State the last time we played them. All that "tradition" didn't keep you guys from losing the game.

Dec 27, 2016, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: He did thow a bunch of int's...so what? BTW, I've seen that ]

Even if what you just stated was true (which it's not), how will those previous titles give you an advantage this year? It's funny how you've been inferring that Clemson fans are overly sensitive, but it's becoming evident that we're getting under your skin for just stating facts.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Its obvious that all your tradition means nothing

Dec 27, 2016, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: He did thow a bunch of int's...so what? BTW, I've seen that ]

to us. It's also obvious that tosu fans have never seen their team beat us. That must really hurt to be a blue blood that can't beat a pathetic ACC team with no tradition.

Y'all are just condescending blue blood a$$hats like Oklahoma fans...can't wait to make it 3-0.

GTFOutta here

It was Archie Griffin....

Dec 27, 2016, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: He did thow a bunch of int's...so what? BTW, I've seen that ]

PETER GRIFFIN!!!!?....

AAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!

??????

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BS. Crap before the game has nothing to do with the talent

Dec 27, 2016, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's see, which QB's has Clemson played that are better ]

on the field. The key to Ohio State winning is containing our DL pass rush. You guys gave up 9 sacks to Penn State. Trust me, we have better talent at all four positions on our DL than Penn State. Jadar is right, if you beat Clemson it will be because your QB ran the ball well against our LBs, not because he threw for 300 yards.

Re: Let's see, which QB's has Clemson played that are better

Dec 27, 2016, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's see, which QB's has Clemson played that are better ]

fyi, if fuqnuts need bulletin bored material, then they probably should have been passed over in favor of um.

Oh no karma!!!!

Grow a pair

haven't they heard of Jake Bentley?

He's suppose to be a 19 year old high school student.

Dec 27, 2016, 1:59 PM

Just back it up Jadar just back it up.
Cover your man and play lights out

You're right

Dec 27, 2016, 2:01 PM

Ohio State probably wasn't going to try very hard to win before Johnson said this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, we did play and beat this years Heisman winning QB

Dec 27, 2016, 2:21 PM

And we also destroyed this years 3rd place heisman finalist last season... Not to mention that our defense practices against the 2nd place heisman finalist every week... So yeah, our defense has seen better quarterbacks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If either team needs BB material to get amped for this game

Dec 27, 2016, 2:48 PM

i wouldn't want them on the field!!! That'll only fuel you so far. I'd rather have the player committed to being dominant and confident for 4 qtrs!!! Go ??!!

Dec 27, 2016, 3:03 PM

OP smells like chicken.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

You mean the Heisman Trophy winner? - just the facts.***

Dec 27, 2016, 3:16 PM

Dec 27, 2016, 3:18 PM

So they needed something to get up for? As if playing in the CFP wasn't enough....

BTW, he's right. Not to disrespect JT but he will not be the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd best QB Clemson faced this season. Oh, he wouldn't be the best they faced at practice either. :)

Go Tigers!

Dec 27, 2016, 5:05 PM

If it takes "bulletin board material" to get you fired up for a CFP game then you have serious locker room issues.

Dec 27, 2016, 5:51 PM

How long yall going to string this coot along ????.

He don't have a car that will make it to Birmingham .

Will you be wearing your Gamecocks for OSU shirt on NYE?***

Dec 27, 2016, 7:26 PM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic