Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And the Father of the Year Award Goes To.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

And the Father of the Year Award Goes To.......

Jul 19, 2012, 12:05 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/19/girl-denied-make-wish-trip-to-disney-because-dad-says-beat-cancer/?test=latestnews

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bravo to him ..... he's right***

Jul 19, 2012, 12:20 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah...

Jul 19, 2012, 12:21 PM

I get it...it's a #### move, but I do get it.

HE should take his daughter to Disney, though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson

I've got a feeling that Disney will catch wind of this and

Jul 19, 2012, 12:25 PM

she will be shaking Mickey's hand very soon!

Read the rest of the article (link from within the link)

Jul 19, 2012, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Bravo to him ..... he's right*** ]

she is not considered cured yet, she meets their qualifications and she has gone through a lot.

Also, what they don't say is that she will probably have long lasting effects from all the treatments.

Her Dad is wrong.

maybe so ... but his point is that the MAW trips are for

Jul 19, 2012, 12:41 PM

kids that are terminal .... I think he is a stand up guy in an awful situation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe so ... but his point is that the MAW trips are for

Jul 19, 2012, 12:45 PM

Okay, so what do you suggest he tell his little girl?

Explain to her the purpose of MAW and tell her that...

Jul 19, 2012, 12:53 PM

since she has beat it he will do everything in his power to take her there. She has a lifetime to go to Disney where as the people that deserve MAW trips are people that only have months to live. Its a awful situation to be in.

Re: Explain to her the purpose of MAW and tell her that...

Jul 19, 2012, 1:34 PM

I'm sure a four year old will understand and appreciate that logic.

They will when they are older

Jul 19, 2012, 3:27 PM

your job as a parent is to raise your kids not give in to their desires

Re: They will when they are older

Jul 19, 2012, 3:38 PM

Not entirely sure that I can agree with your logic that the MAW concept is "giving in" to the desires of a child. This child went through pain and suffering I couldn't even begin to imagine. And as a four year old, from what I have gathered, a large percentage of her young life has been spent in pretty dire conditions. Perhaps the thoughts and hopes of visiting Disney World helped in her road to recovery. I have no idea. But, one thing is clear - it is obvious that prayers were answered since she has started heading towards a healthier life. Now, if the parents could get their acts together and do the right thing for this little girl.

Re: maybe so ... but his point is that the MAW trips are for

Jul 19, 2012, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: maybe so ... but his point is that the MAW trips are for ]

Bottomline it's his child, not your's or anyone else. Really none of our buisness what he does with his family. Hid child his decision and what many are missing is, he said they will go. Already taking donations and you know they will raise enough

And MAW said they are NOT only for terminal patients

Jul 19, 2012, 12:52 PM [ in reply to maybe so ... but his point is that the MAW trips are for ]

He is an a$$ for interpreting an organization's rules different than the organization does.

I don't think the article says whether or not the parents are married/together so my bet is that he did this just to get at his ex wife/girlfriend. And any many using his kid to get to his ex is an even bigger a$$.

If I am wrong and Mom is still with him she is an idiot.

LOL .... you are making a lot of assumptions***

Jul 19, 2012, 1:20 PM

He thinks there are more deserving kids

Jul 19, 2012, 3:28 PM [ in reply to And MAW said they are NOT only for terminal patients ]

I don't understand what's wrong with that

you're wrong.***

Jul 19, 2012, 3:38 PM [ in reply to And MAW said they are NOT only for terminal patients ]

Re: Bravo to him ..... he's right***

Jul 19, 2012, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Bravo to him ..... he's right*** ]

I agree, I don't have a problem with him doing that. They are still gonna take her to disney world, just would rather the gift go to someone who hasn't beat cancer.

Re: And the Father of the Year Award Goes To.......

Jul 19, 2012, 2:36 PM

Did you folks even read the article?

Here is the reason he wouldn't sign...

The girl's father said he had a brief relationship with her mother. Now married to another woman, he said her mom was going to use the trip, in part, to go house-hunting in Florida to make his bi-weekly visitations more difficult.

in september of 2003 my only child was diagnosed with

Jul 19, 2012, 2:51 PM

an inoperable astrocytoma; he was 7 at the time.

the first week after the tumor was found is still a blurr. sometime after the tracking mris began, as hope continued to grow, i began thinking about the other children and families on the ward that week.

2 years after diagnosis, the worst apparently behind us, i wondered how many of those children made it off the ward; i wondered how many fights were lost.

in 2 months my son passes the 9 year period the doctors put in place to consider this behind him forever. i don't know what this man feels or thinks, i can only tell you having been through what i have with my son, there in no greater 'gift' for me than the life of my child. there is no greater gift my son will ever know.

if it were me, i'd want the disney gift to go to a child and family that won't know the gift i now hold above all others.

just a thought.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dsp - you completely changed my point of view on this. And

Jul 19, 2012, 3:25 PM

I wish continued good health to your child for years to come.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic