Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: After Potter's big week, Tigers now have three commits rated best at their position
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 5,089

New Story: After Potter's big week, Tigers now have three commits rated best at their position

Jul 24, 2017, 3:16 PM

After Potter's big week, Tigers now have three commits rated best at their position

Clemson’s 2018 recruiting class can now say it has the distinction of having three of the nation’s top players at their respective positions committed after kicker B.T. Potter shot to the top of the rankings following a camp last week. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: After Potter's big week, Tigers now have three commits rated best at their position

Jul 24, 2017, 3:33 PM

Heard the new kicker was good, but look at this ! No 1!! Our recruiters know their stuff. Mighty proud if you son. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: After Potter's big week, Tigers now have three commits rated best at their position

Jul 24, 2017, 3:41 PM

Love getting the great kicker they really are game changers !!!

Jul 24, 2017, 3:52 PM

Having a great reliable kicker sure makes one feel better when the situation is tight.

Dang, he looks like Peter Parker in Spiderman! Maybe he has some superpowers.......

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2017, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: After Potter's big week, Tigers now have three commits rated best at their position ]

Yea he's a beast, I knew when Dabo gave him full scholly and no walk on in this class with the numbers while we usually do preferred walk ons at kicker he was the real deal. Didn't think he was #1 til I started looking into him. Says he made 67 yarder during camp no rush i know but that shows the leck he could be best ever.

Jul 24, 2017, 5:58 PM

With 2 seconds on the clock with the game on the line and a 48 yd field goal can win it, it's good to know that you have a guy that has kicked a 67 yder in a competition setting. And the coach is telling him that 48 yds is just a chip shot for his leg giving him that relaxed confidence. Then boom, spits the uprights is what you call a game winning kicker that most coaches would kill to have. I'm happy glad that Dabo offered this kid a scholarship. Offering him as a walk on could have been risky with a louiville, FSU, or some school we play against stealing him with a scholarship offer. Good choice and great decision. Dabo seems to always know how to get what we will really need in our FB future. That is a great HC making sound decisions for his team. Some may call it a cheerleader or CEO, but I call it a great HC that recognizes what it takes to win!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

congrats B.T.!! Hardwork pays dividends

Jul 24, 2017, 3:45 PM

Can't wait to see you win some close games for us. Keep booting that pigskin

And some complained about offering a kicker a scholly

Jul 24, 2017, 3:51 PM

How can you complain when he's the best in the country? BT's leg can absolutely win us football games.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Now he needs to come in and actually produce like the #1 guy

Jul 24, 2017, 4:00 PM

We haven't had a whole lot of luck with the kickers we've offered scholarships out of high school lately.

In fact, for the past 30 years, our very best place kickers have been walk-ons.

Some exceptions to that, but for the most part, the scholarship guys have disappointed.

you must be loads of fun at parties***

Jul 25, 2017, 6:24 AM

Here's a party game for you: Name all of the

Jul 25, 2017, 2:54 PM

Name all of the scholarship place kickers who have lived up to or exceeded their high school billing at Clemson in the past 30 years and then compare them to the guys who walked on or who moved over from the soccer program.

Re: And some complained about offering a kicker a scholly

Jul 24, 2017, 4:08 PM [ in reply to And some complained about offering a kicker a scholly ]

A friend of mine complained, but she's going to South Carolina in the fall, and her little sister used to date B.T., so there's a bit of saltiness there. :)

Never understood why teams don't recruit Ks and Ps

Jul 25, 2017, 8:04 AM [ in reply to And some complained about offering a kicker a scholly ]

Punters are huge in the field position game and if Bobby Bowden had recruited kickers he probably has 5 national championships.

Shoot, if Pinion would have come back, our game 1 against Bama would have been completely different.

Re: Never understood why teams don't recruit Ks and Ps

Jul 25, 2017, 10:30 AM

Or if Lakip had not been so selfish we might have won the 2015 Natty.

If you could only have 3 recruits that were the top...

Jul 24, 2017, 4:09 PM

at their position in the country, what would they be.

Mine would be:

1) QB

2) DE

3) Tie: Left tackle or Kicker

This class is going to be special!! If we can land 3-4 more big names we may have the greatest class of just 15 ever signed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you could only have 3 recruits that were the top...

Jul 24, 2017, 4:20 PM

And if we can pull Carman or Salyer, we could possibly make it all four of yours.

Jul 24, 2017, 4:17 PM

:)

Jul 24, 2017, 4:54 PM

This is great! Anybody know what the drills were? Criteria?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2017, 5:38 PM

Kid's a competitor!

and if the kid misses that 48 yarder with 2 seconds left

Jul 24, 2017, 8:27 PM

50% of T-NET will turn on him like a savage dog on a wounded animal !!!!!!! ------- I have seen it happen before -- Congrats on winning the #1 ranking and wishing him much success as a TIGER !!!!

Re: and if the kid misses that 48 yarder with 2 seconds left

Jul 25, 2017, 12:02 AM

Those that do are not very good fans. I remember some fans turning on DW4 when he had some growing pains. It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and give criticism to these young kids. I for one will support all of the young men who go out and fight for our Tigers!

Very important pickup for team - congrats & best wishes BTP***

Jul 24, 2017, 8:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very important pickup for team - congrats & best wishes BTP***

Jul 25, 2017, 10:34 AM

Hopefully, he can boot kickoffs through the end zone every time. Makes it so much easier on the rest of the team. And helps the Tigers in the field position game.

Jul 25, 2017, 5:31 AM

Looks like Potter is 3 spots ahead of Camarda ...the kid committed to UGa .

Hey Supermutt !

Dabo gonna Dabo !

DB23

Replies: 23
| visibility 5,089
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic