Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Michael Palmer Named John Mackey Tight End of the Week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Oct 28, 2009, 3:45 PM

Michael Palmer of Clemson was named John Mackey Tight End of the Week by the Nassau County Sports Commission. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should be on their watch list

Oct 28, 2009, 4:01 PM

That Palmer wasn't listed on the mid-season Mackey watch list is criminal. He has really turned it up a notch this year and is one of the best TEs in the nation. He has the best hands on the team and incredible awareness.

And if you guys recall, when he came in to Clemson he was rated as a 2-star TE. He's really applied himself and deserves all of the praise he's getting now. I hope we continue to expand his role. He is the reason, for the first time in my life, I've ever jumped up screaming "Yeah! TE screen punks! Eat it!!!"

Other 2-star guys that are showing out: Kavell Conner, Chad Diehl, Andre Branch and Brandon Maye. Must be something in the water as well as them hills. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can understand him not being listed

Oct 28, 2009, 4:06 PM

We've only recently (as in the past few games) started really throwing to the TE's.

Right now, that TE screen is one of my favorite plays. It was awesome against Miami.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And should pay HUGE dividends in future games...

Oct 28, 2009, 4:21 PM

...as they're going to need to account for it. We probably won't show much more this week, but going in to FSU they have to now account for both Spiller/Harper/Ellington and Palmer/Allen combinations....the threat play action will also open up lanes for the running game as they can not ignore the te routes.

Will also free up the WRs....on Ford's game winning catch the LBs didn't drop much at all, very well may have been in the back of their minds there too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: And should pay HUGE dividends in future games...

Oct 28, 2009, 5:07 PM

now if we can just get marquan to catch the dang ball. :)

I think Diehl and Maye were 3 stars, but the others were 2***

Oct 28, 2009, 4:25 PM [ in reply to He should be on their watch list ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Naa, i think one was a moon and the other was a sun. He

Oct 28, 2009, 7:03 PM

who believes that, the star rating means a recruit is better by the stars, i disagree. A 5 star to me means, he was a great high school player. What a 5 star or a 2 star does in college, has everything to do with how good his coach is. Most of the best teams gets the 5 star players. They become great college players b/c of great college coaching. But so does 2 star players !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He should be on their watch list

Oct 29, 2009, 2:47 AM [ in reply to He should be on their watch list ]

does anyone remember who john mackey is? what team did he play for? hint: the town is baltimored,md. that has moved to a town in indiana
57 years old and kyle parker is going to be a star, the kid has a rifle arm, i love CJ SPILLER!
GO DABO GO, AND KEVIN STEELE.what tean did kevin steele coach in 1995-1998, they played there first season in clemson
tachman

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic