Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And now for something completely different -
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

And now for something completely different -

Jul 28, 2015, 6:36 AM

Name and describe the strangest food that you have ever eaten .
Not something you have seen on TV , or heard about from a friend ...but something that you have put into your own pie hole , swallowed and digested .
Yes , accidents do count here .

Lets begin .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

- You may also

Jul 28, 2015, 6:38 AM

Substitute watching someone else eat something gross ...but it must be a first handed eye witness account .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Good thing you clarified - I watch Survivor and Amazing Race

Jul 28, 2015, 12:44 PM

They've eaten some weird (and disgusting) #### on those shows.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Re: And now for something completely different -

Jul 28, 2015, 7:13 AM

Chicken feet

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something kind of

Jul 28, 2015, 7:16 AM

greenish brown at Harcombe Commons in 1972.

Re: Something kind of

Jul 28, 2015, 7:37 AM

For me it foes bach to my youth . I ate a stinkbug ( Euschistus Servus ) accidentally while running home with my mouth apparently unshut .
I remember the reactionary bite down , then swallowing ...then the godawful taste . That taste stayed in my mouth for about 12 hrs . It was unpleasant .
Kids , don't do stinkbugs .

DB23

That's not even fair.

Jul 28, 2015, 7:46 AM

I've swallowed God only knows what kind of insects while riding a motorcycle. I've dug a few out of my eyes too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I ate a goat steak once.

Jul 28, 2015, 7:45 AM

It wasn't bbq or anything fancy just fried like chicken. I didn't know what it was but when they told me I finished it anyway. Not bad.

I also fell to one of my grandmother's black neighbors and friends, Ms Jordan. She boasted of cooking chitterlings and said nobody could tell them from scrambled eggs. Evidently, my grandmother told he Clyde, who was my grandfather, wouldn't eat chitterlings.

Sitting down at the supper table my grandfather and I didn't know that Ms Jordan had prepared the 'scrambled,' eggs so I started scooping them to my plate. Before I took the first bite my grandmother asked my grandfather if he was have some of 'that dish,' to which he replied. 'I'm not eating that, mr chitterlings can take a walk.'

I had a fork loaded and on the way to my mouth as he spoke so I avoided the ingestion of pig guts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We eat goat somewhat regularly.

Jul 28, 2015, 11:25 AM

There is a Halal butcher in York where we get a leg quarter a couple of times a year.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2015, 8:09 AM

Probably the most dangerous was the rice popsicles I had in the middle of nowhere in Viet Nam, delivered by kids on mopeds. No telling what could have been in those things - could have been deliberately poisoned by the VC. Those of us who bought them figured that if we got sick, a trip yo the hospital might actually improve our chances of going home alive.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2015, 8:44 AM

Very interesting grover . Good story .
+1

DB23

Jul 28, 2015, 8:46 AM

@ClemsonTiger1988 :
I actually love chitlins . Used to take in the Salley Chitlin' Strut when I was younger . Wonder if that stinker still goes on over near Orangeburg ?

DB23

one summer at scout camp 35 years ago

Jul 28, 2015, 8:46 AM

A buddy stepped on a copperhead. He had the good sense to keep his foot on the snake until we got its head cut off, then we skinned it and fried over an open fire it in some butter liberated from the dining hall. The creepiest thing was the pieces were still moving when we put them in the pan. The skin is hopefully still on the wall of the Troup 1 scout hut

Tastes like chicken.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: one summer at scout camp 35 years ago

Jul 28, 2015, 8:50 AM

Copperhead . Did it taste like Coot ?

DB23

What kind of Scout troop were you in....

Jul 28, 2015, 9:53 AM [ in reply to one summer at scout camp 35 years ago ]

killing snakes and stealing from the dining hall.

Wow...just wow !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

rudolph...

Jul 28, 2015, 8:51 AM

no, not the crown prince[phonetically speaking of course].

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First hand eye witness to a guy who swallowed a glass

Jul 28, 2015, 8:51 AM

full of minnows one time. We were in the driveway of my friends house. Still to this day nastiest thing I've ever seen. And just incase you're wondering, yes, they were live minnows.

Jul 28, 2015, 9:05 AM

I saw some olds dudes at a Big PEE DEE river landing eating cow nuts.

Freshly butchered

Jul 28, 2015, 9:14 AM

Hog brains in scrambled eggs with grits.

Chitlin Strut continues. Many moons ago I worked for a BBQ that did everything but the chitlins for the Strut. Mmmmm the smell of thousands of boiling chitlins in the school kitchen was gross. So I hung around where they were later fried. Taste like a greasy pork rind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oysters

Jul 28, 2015, 9:20 AM

who in the world decided that the gooey stuff inside an oyster was edible?

Guinea Pig.

Jul 28, 2015, 9:30 AM

My wife is originally from Ecuador (Quito), and Guinea pigs are a delicacy there. On my first visit to Ecuador when we were engaged, she talked me into trying a piece...... It was HORRIBLE. It was like beef jerky (toughness) with the most twangy, funky, country ham aftertaste you can imagine as it permeates your entire olfactory senses. It literally tasted like the way a pig pen smells.

For my 1st hand account of someone else eating

Jul 28, 2015, 9:39 AM

something gross, while in the Philippines, I watched a buddy of mine eat a Balut, which is a duck embryo that is still in the egg. He projectile vomited with dry heaves directly following.

Jul 28, 2015, 9:31 AM

Technically I don't qualify because I couldn't swallow, but there is a Filipino delicacy called the balut egg.

Basically, a balut egg is a fertilized chicken egg that is eaten before it hatches.

I travelled to the Philippines with family fresh out of high school and a group of local teenage girls asked if I would try one of their local delicacies. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I bought one for each of the girls and myself. They didn't mind going first and ate them quickly... then all stared at me.

"If you ignore the smell, it actually tastes quite good." One girl tells me. If you know the smell of something dead in your garage or attic that you can't find... multiply that by three and it is close to the smell coming from this egg!

I pulled this poor baby chick, which had already started growing its feathers, from its egg. (They yelled at me for spilling the juice.) But the second those rancid feathers touched my tongue, I literally threw up!

One of the girls was happy to finish it for me.

Worth pointing out it crunched like corn chips while she ate it!

Jul 28, 2015, 9:37 AM

I dont really eat a lot of weird #### but either Conch or Gator.

null

I ate as much of both of those on out trip through Florida

Jul 28, 2015, 11:28 AM

in June. Well prepared gator is delicious, and I could eat spicy conch chowder every day. Conch fritters is a waste of delicious conch.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crow.....

Jul 28, 2015, 9:42 AM

Many times.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2015, 9:45 AM

Fried duck stomach

There is a restaurant in Greenville.....

Jul 28, 2015, 10:32 AM

called Saskatoon that specializes in wild game. I've dined there a few times over the years and had things like ostrich and rattlesnake. I've also eaten squirrel, frog legs, turtle, and rabbit.

Nothing overly unusual though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 28, 2015, 10:42 AM

Palmetto bug in my tea at a Chinese restaurant. I thought is was the lemon. When I realized It could not be a lemon slice and spit it out it was half eaten. Didn't taste like chicken though.

Re: Forgot to mention it wasn't dead.***

Jul 28, 2015, 10:54 AM

Mange dump?***

Jul 28, 2015, 10:57 AM

ROH

I don't even want to see that, much less eat it.***

Jul 28, 2015, 10:59 AM

Replies: 31