Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama Apologists’ Poor Sportsmanship is Shameful
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Alabama Apologists’ Poor Sportsmanship is Shameful

Feb 12, 2019, 8:07 AM

Even though it’s not uncommon for fans to complain about poor officiating in a game, it still seems desperate to be looking for a reason to explain away a loss.

What Bama coaches, players, and fans are doing (throwing shade on Clemson) to try to minimize the impact of the game is just plain POOR SPORTSMANSHIP!!!

It’s sad to see a once proud football program resort to juvenile excuses.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bamaist aren't happy giving up the title 'GOAT.'

Feb 12, 2019, 8:11 AM

It's a long way to fall from GOAT to 44-16.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bamaist aren't happy giving up the title 'GOAT.'

Feb 12, 2019, 8:14 AM

;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama Apologists’ Poor Sportsmanship is Shameful

Feb 12, 2019, 8:16 AM

I'm just enjoying that we won and the way we won. Let their tears roll. I dont listen or care.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DidTua every get his butt off the bench and shake hands?***

Feb 12, 2019, 8:27 AM

Vocal minorities of every fanbase make excuses

Feb 12, 2019, 8:34 AM

There was a vocal bunch here that had a pant load of excuses after losing to Bama January 11, 2016.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vocal minorities of every fanbase make excuses

Feb 12, 2019, 9:19 AM

Perhaps, but we didn't lose by 4 touchdowns in January of 2016.

Clemson wasn't declared the GOAT that year either.***

Feb 12, 2019, 9:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And nor will we likely be -- because ROSTER

Feb 12, 2019, 9:55 AM

This is the prevalent argument I've seen from the Bamerites lately, that they had a far better roster and that the most recent recruitment cycle only enhanced their superiority to our Tigers.

Too bad 'rosters' don't play games, teams do and CDS is still right, we had the better team. 28 points are the undeniable proof of that.

Here's to OUR team and for continuing to be the best in the land.

PS - we seemed to hold the Alabama fans and program in such high regard over the last 3+ years. When we won in 2016, they lost with class, giving us credit for a good game, won in the last second on an amazing drive. But what we realize is that it was only that they could rationalize what happened then and that the 28 point beat-down refuses to be rationalized. The result is that their players, coaches (Alabama factor?) and fans are reduced to what more or less every other wannabe program is when it doesn't go their way. Too bad. Thought they had more class than that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: And nor will we likely be -- because ROSTER

Feb 12, 2019, 12:16 PM

Yes Virginia, there really is a Bamacoot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to And nor will we likely be -- because ROSTER ]

Well, #1 the 2017 game was written off by Bama as a "lucky fluke". Behind the scenes they told everyone that Clemson was lucky and that we were a one hit wonder. #2 the 2018 game was "proof" we had been lucky. #3 we've proven them to be just plain silly. They want to talk about how they had better talent based on rankings of guys coming out of high school. Seriously, are we going to hear about how when these guys were in the 2nd grade they won the spelling bee therefore they are superior to our guys. Bama has underdeveloped talent which means their guys are as good as our guys.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 3:53 PM

What I heard from the few banners I talked to was that we won by running a pick play. Maybe you heard that we were lucky when we weren't called for it. Ether one is wrong and sour grapes.

Re: Alabama Apologists’ Poor Sportsmanship is Shameful

Feb 12, 2019, 12:24 PM

And yet, when Alabama beat us 24-6 last year in the playoffs after not playing in the SECCG, they destroyed us. Sheesh!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic