Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And like clockwork....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

And like clockwork....

Nov 17, 2015, 8:07 AM

ESPiN is right out with an article that the only reason that we are number one is because the rest of the league is down...somebody made a thread about that earlier in the season, so when I saw this headline, I wasn't really surprised...it would really be awesome is ESPN put people to cover the ACC that didn't hate it...

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/88276/clemson-rises-above-down-year-across-acc

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And like clockwork....

Nov 17, 2015, 8:15 AM

Its Adelson . She always tries to down the ACC as a whole , and she is also trying to climb that ladder of thousands of ESPN blogger/journalists .
So , she tows the company line .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You can't honestly say the ACC is having a good year

Nov 17, 2015, 8:16 AM

outside of Clemson can you? I just read the article and agree with it completely. This year Clemson dominates, FSU is decent, and then what? UNC? They lost to the last place team in the SEC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Who did the nat. Champion lose to last year?

Nov 17, 2015, 8:22 AM

I would say that Unc has a chance (depending on their next 2 games) to easily be a top 10 team.

Message was edited by: elwyn07®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was last year. The article talks about differences

Nov 17, 2015, 8:31 AM

between last year when the ACC had so many bowl teams and this year when they apparently can't fill all of their tie-ins. UNC may be a top 10 team by the ACCCG, but they also have a better than decent chance of losing at least one of their last 2. The season opening loss is pretty bad.

Even giving UNC credit for their year, Clemson, Florida State, UNC, and then who? This conference consists of a bunch of lower tier teams who have good defenses and atrocious offenses, like BC and Wake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: That was last year. The article talks about differences

Nov 17, 2015, 8:45 AM

We have one less bowl eligible team than the $ec.

I don't get this whole argument... Especially from them.

When the sec was on their nat. Champ streak- it was all about who could produce winners on the highest level. Now it's an argument for the average of strength of teams. In which case the Pac12 should be getting lots of love, but they aren't. IMO the acc looks a lot like the Big10. A few good teams and a lot of average to lower teir programs. My point is- what difference does it make? Are you less of a number one team if other teams in your conference aren't as strong? A champion is a champion.

And no I'm didn't read the article.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we win all 15 games, it makes no difference

Nov 17, 2015, 8:53 AM

If Clemson gets pounded in the playoffs like FSU did last year, it does make a difference. The article points out that the strength of the ACC isn't being held against Clemson this year for several reasons: the bottom of the conference has remained competitive in its games, Clemson dominates a lot of power metrics, and ND hasn't faltered down the stretch like they did last year (giving Clemson a great win, when FSU only had a win over an average ND team last year). So to me, it sounds like you agree with the article.

Re: If we win all 15 games, it makes no difference

Nov 17, 2015, 8:58 AM

Don't think that matters either... Bama got punched in said mouth last year's as well.

I would never agree with that bich. I don't know why she even has to bring that up. It's just lazy reporting... It's BULLCRAP!

I guess I'm not sure what the article is about... Just felt like ruffling your feathers this AM!

Bama lost by 7, FSU lost by 39.

Nov 17, 2015, 9:02 AM

Ohio State then went on to beat Oregon by 22. How is that the same?

Coot logic***

Nov 17, 2015, 9:03 AM

it was osu's qb's first career start, and although the score

Nov 17, 2015, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Bama lost by 7, FSU lost by 39. ]

-board doesn't show it, didn't osu's rb set some kind of record against 'bama ,too ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's not forget

Nov 17, 2015, 9:44 AM [ in reply to That was last year. The article talks about differences ]

That Ohio State's season-opening loss last year was pretty bad too.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sure but that has nothing to do with conference

Nov 17, 2015, 10:27 AM

perception this year. This year Northern Illinois, Western Michigan, Indiana, Penn State, Minnesota, and Illinois all held Ohio State to less points than VT did when they played this year at VT. People in this thread point out that OSU has struggled in their wins this year, but they certainly dominated the only ACC team they played this year.

Re: You can't honestly say the ACC is having a good year

Nov 17, 2015, 8:29 AM [ in reply to You can't honestly say the ACC is having a good year ]

If FSU was dominating the storyline would differ

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

First, I would point out that they're not dominating

Nov 17, 2015, 8:32 AM

Second, the article points out that ACC perception was what prevented FSU from having a top ranking last year. FSU kept winning, and kept dropping in the polls, so I believe you're wrong.

The fact that fsu almost lost every weekend

Nov 17, 2015, 8:47 AM

Is what kept them out of the #1 spot last year... Just like OSU this year

Re: You can't honestly say the ACC is having a good year

Nov 17, 2015, 9:39 AM [ in reply to You can't honestly say the ACC is having a good year ]

Let's look at it a bit differently. Right now:

1) Clemson is playing like Fl State usually does.
2) Fl State is playing like Clemson usually does (2 losses, 1 being narrow)
3) UNC is playing about how GT did last year
4) GT is playing about how UNC normally does, maybe a bit worse.
5) Louisville is down more than usual and un-ranked
6) Pitt is up more than usual, and entered the top 25 at one point, then lost.
7) Duke entered the top 25, to lose and go back out of it...sounds like the past several years.
8) The rest of the ACC is about like it normally is.

Your point #8 hits the nail on the head

Nov 17, 2015, 10:40 AM

The ACC, in football, is normally bad. So playing about how it normally does is not good for conference perception. Changing the teams who normally dominate and changing some of the roles between schools does nothing. Want to have a strong conference? Put Clemson at 10-0, FSU at 9-1, UNC at 10-0, and either Duke/Pitt at 9-1.

If Iowa's only loss had been Pitt, it would have been a story right now. But Pitt has 3 losses and 2 of them came in OOC games. Duke lost their only real OOC game against Northwestern. UNC lost one of their two OOC games to the last place team in the SEC, but beat Illinois who is 2-4 in the B1G. Duke and Pitt got ranked because they were winning ACC games, but to increase conference perception you have to win OOC like Clemson has done so far this year.

Not gonna' read the article 'cause clickbait.

Nov 17, 2015, 8:18 AM

But, is UNC having a down year? They seem to be doing pretty well on the other side.

Plus, why is FSU ranked if ACC is having a down year? Did they address the SEC Least with UFla winning that side?

Prolly not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

UNC's only win over a ranked team was against Pitt

Nov 17, 2015, 8:26 AM

who really became ranked by default. When Pitt was ranked they hadn't beaten anyone. UNC is having a good year, but losing to USuCk really hurt their perception. The SEC East is not good, I'll give you that one, but the ACC as a whole is pretty bad.

Its a pretty spot on article, and even gives credit for the

Nov 17, 2015, 8:26 AM

league as a whole having more competitive teams in Syr, BC, GT, and UVA.

The only error I see is the comparison to Fl St last year.. many of their games were in doubt. Clemson may not have "dominated" Syracuse, but the outcome was never in question.

null

Re: Its a pretty spot on article, and even gives credit for the

Nov 17, 2015, 8:28 AM

And I think the committee has seen that. Ohio State has played about the same way Florida State did last year, and just like FSU they have dropped down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So will the narrative change when FSU beats UF, 3rd place

Nov 17, 2015, 8:29 AM

team in ACC knocks off division champ in the SEC? Or when Clemson lays the wood to Bama in the CFP?

Who's narrative? ESecPN? Not a chance. They will not

Nov 17, 2015, 8:31 AM

"Want" to play those games...

Same stuff as usual.

If FSU beats Florida, I think the perception changes some

Nov 17, 2015, 8:35 AM [ in reply to So will the narrative change when FSU beats UF, 3rd place ]

If Clemson beats Bama, I don't think that does a whole lot seeing as how we're #1 in the country making the conference top heavy. What the ACC needs is for the second tier teams to dominate during bowl season.

Re: If FSU beats Florida, I think the perception changes some

Nov 17, 2015, 8:38 AM

Well who could UNC beat in a bowl that is "top tier" in the SEC. I only see Bama and Florida as dominant teams in the SEC this year. LSU, Miss St, Ole Miss, TAMU are having 'down years.'

Depending on how the rest of the season plays out

Nov 17, 2015, 8:41 AM

UNC may be a top tier ACC team. I'm referring to the NCSU, Louisville, Miami, Duke teams who are going to be bowl eligible. Whoever they play, whether they're favored or not, they need to put a hurtin' on their opponent. If Clemson makes the playoffs, great, but FSU and UNC absolutely need to win their bowl matchups as well.

Why?***

Nov 17, 2015, 8:51 AM

To keep improving conference perception, if you care about

Nov 17, 2015, 8:54 AM

that sort of thing.

Perception is fine to most except ESecPN.***

Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 AM

Clemson's perception is fine, which is all I care about.

Nov 17, 2015, 9:04 AM

I don't give a rat's #### about the rest of the ACC. But to say the conference as a whole plays good football is incorrect.

I'm glad you agree with me then***

Nov 17, 2015, 9:05 AM

I'm glad you agree with Andrea Adelson then***

Nov 17, 2015, 9:06 AM

Please stop with the coot logic!***

Nov 17, 2015, 9:10 AM

I just daydreamed about double wide receivers out wide

Nov 17, 2015, 10:39 AM [ in reply to If FSU beats Florida, I think the perception changes some ]

killin Bama with TDs down the sidelines like Ellington did on Sunday and then Boulware blowing up Henry so bad the the ball is up in the air, it lands in another Bama player's hands who promptly gets blown up by Kearse who snatches it and takes it to the house. We dominate!!!
Ahhhh...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^I'm on board with this idea***

Nov 17, 2015, 10:41 AM

somebody gonna eat pie when FSU cracks Florida's head

Nov 17, 2015, 9:06 AM

GT beats GA and we decimate the slumcocks...

That would be 2 years in a row....***

Nov 17, 2015, 9:07 AM

Don't forget about Louisville taking Kentucky behind the

Nov 17, 2015, 9:10 AM [ in reply to somebody gonna eat pie when FSU cracks Florida's head ]

woodshed.

marlborocountycoot=Clemson_Alumnus=CUJAX

Nov 17, 2015, 9:14 AM

fno

Each conference has about 3 good teams,the rest are mediocre

Nov 17, 2015, 9:22 AM

The PAC 12 & B10 may be a little more balanced this year, but the SEC? Just about like the ACC. Bama & Clemson are comparable, then you have FL & LSU, no better than FSU & UNC, then there is TAM, OM, MsSt, UGA, on the same level as Pitt, NCstate & Duke. At the bottom, Wake could probably beat Usuc. If UNC played Usuc now, they would win by 30.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not how i read the article.***

Nov 17, 2015, 10:51 AM

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic