Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Florida St. stuns Tigers With Big Second Half Comeback
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Feb 7, 2009, 10:20 PM

The Florida St. Seminoles erased a 19-point second half deficit, outscoring Clemson 23-4 to close out the contest, in beating the 10th-ranked Tigers 65-61 at Littlejohn Coliseum Saturday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rivers said it best - we let up! We got too relaxed!

Feb 7, 2009, 10:26 PM

Lets hope this team learns from this and understands that being up 19 is NOTHING in this conference. 40 minutes non-stop next time guys!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

One would assume that lesson would've been learned...

Feb 7, 2009, 11:50 PM

from our football team by now. I'm sick of watch Clemson teams fall apart when we have the lead. Why change the gameplan? Keep going for the throat, I guess we wouldn't be Clemson if we didn't do it...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

And it just would not be Tigernet without

Feb 8, 2009, 7:12 AM

your kind of negativity!

Why bash the poster?

Feb 8, 2009, 1:20 PM

Isn't this exactly what announcers and doubters refer to as "Clemson being Clemson?"

We do well enough, long enough each year to hush the doubters. Then as soon as we get that one deciding win to make the announcers/analysts/etc. say "Clemson is for real," we go and smurf it up...

Sorry if that sounds negative, but it is kind of a trend with our sports teams, don't you think? We seem very motivated to get to the top and prove others wrong, but once that's achieved, it seems to fall apart...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the Virginia game from last year, all over again...

Feb 8, 2009, 11:20 PM [ in reply to One would assume that lesson would've been learned... ]

You would assume the Virginia game from last year was a lesson - we went on to make the championship game in the ACC tournament. It's devastating to come down from the high of crushing Duke though. Jeezus, what an incredible waterslide. Let's just go and win a bunch in a row now.

that was the 2007 game actually, oops...

Feb 8, 2009, 11:40 PM

and then FSU punked us right out of the ACC tournament by just one point. I think that's what sparked the emotion in my last post! God I hate Florida State, we'll get revenge in Tallahasse a few weeks from now.

Re: Rivers said it best - we let up! We got too relaxed!

Feb 9, 2009, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Rivers said it best - we let up! We got too relaxed! ]

My problem with Clemson's team is Terrence Oglesby. Sitting in Littlejohn and watching him play almost makes me sick. He doesn't pass well and is selfish with the ball. He makes dumb decisions and had to have at least 8-9 tunovers this game. Smith is alot smarter player and should get more PT until TO can grow up.........

Once was bad enough!!!!

Feb 8, 2009, 8:23 AM

Glad to know the double post gremlin even hits the master!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Florida St. stuns Tigers With Big Second Half Comeback

Feb 9, 2009, 8:22 AM

I am a huge TO fan, but Saturday his initials stood for turn over not Terrence Oglesby. 6 turnovers! He was forcing it way too much. I would guess that 5 of those 6 turnovers cam in the second half.
hopefully they can put it behind them and move on.
Go tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2009, 9:56 AM

Everyone was singing Oglesby praises on Thursday morning talking about how great of a player he is, but he has a bad game or his shot is not on and people start wanting to burn the kid at the stake.

Bad games are going to happen, especially when you play 30-40 in a season. Give these kids a break guys. We are still a great team and by no means are we out of the race. UNC, Duke and Wake will all lose another game as well.

Feb 9, 2009, 11:43 AM

I am not burning him at the stake nor am I saying anything bad about him. The fact is he had a bad game. It happens. His decision making was poor, even with that he did have some good moments.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic