Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So society bans athletic performance enhancing drugs but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

So society bans athletic performance enhancing drugs but

Dec 25, 2018, 7:20 PM

Has no problem with kids as young as 7 being put on academic enhancing drugs? All the ADD and ADHD medicine prescribed are for improving focus and academic performance, but no one cares about this or the very harmful long term effects.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t forget about allowing athletes born as men

Dec 25, 2018, 7:26 PM

undergoing gender changes and competing in women’s sports! Smh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So society bans athletic performance enhancing drugs but

Dec 25, 2018, 8:45 PM

SMH

Dec 25, 2018, 8:55 PM

https://www.additudemag.com/adhd-medications-may-cause-long-term-brain-changes/

Dec 25, 2018, 9:29 PM

anytime you alter the brain's natural chemistry,whether it's drugs or even alcohol,there are likely going to be consequences,especially if it's long term,heavy use.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

you gotta point there...

Dec 25, 2018, 9:00 PM

they (school officials) wanted to put my son on meds when he was in early grades, we wouldn't allow it. Glad we didn't, he turned out fine.

For clarity, I think that only doctors can recommend

Dec 25, 2018, 10:02 PM

or prescribe drugs. Not teachers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All for one and one for all.

Re: you gotta point there...

Dec 25, 2018, 10:20 PM [ in reply to you gotta point there... ]

Glad you stood up to the system. Most of the school shooters took add meds. Screws the brain up.

Re: you gotta point there...

Dec 26, 2018, 1:35 AM [ in reply to you gotta point there... ]

Good for you. Many not all Doctors are to quick to prescribe a pill for whatever is the problem rather than to look at different alternatives treatments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doctors have control over what their patients take.***

Dec 25, 2018, 10:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And in a large number of cases.

Dec 25, 2018, 10:14 PM

Drs use it as a crutch just to satisfy parents instead of telling parents the kid needs nothing more than strong disapline...if you know what I mean

Re: And in a large number of cases.

Dec 25, 2018, 10:56 PM

That and the fact that drug reps constantly push these doctors into prescribing their meds. My ex gf use to work at a doctors office and almost every single day a drug rep would show up with cookies, cakes, lunches, Starbucks, and anything you could think of with their a drug name stamped on it giving it out just to try and influence the doctors.

Yes they do and they’ll prescribe them without doing a

Dec 26, 2018, 4:48 AM [ in reply to Doctors have control over what their patients take.*** ]

Single test, to get them you only have to ask. Doctors only understand about .0001% of our brain and it’s chemistry. If you don’t think there is a correlation between the rise in mass school shootings and these type of drugs then you aren’t paying attention. Just google the side effects of this type medication.

Dec 25, 2018, 10:18 PM

"Society" is reprobate.

Dec 25, 2018, 10:28 PM

Somewhere along the way they were convinced that some kids "need" that stuff.

Dec 26, 2018, 6:27 AM

So reading this thread, I now realize it is my fault for every single patient of mine that is on adhd meds, and I’ve turned them all into future psychotic school shooters, don’t care about them, don’t know anything about medicine or physiology, and do things simply because drug reps tell me it’s a good idea (FWIW, our office does not allow drug reps, even though our parent hospital system does).

Once again the omnipotent wisdom of tigernet shows through.

That said, I do feel the SYSTEM is too quick to put kids on these drugs. I think teachers are quick to ask for them, I think many parents want them because every other snot faces kid in school is on them, whether they actually have attention deficit or not. I do not think doctors like to prescribe them because they are controlled medications, regulated more tightly than benzos, and with all the pressure from the DEA, these types of scripts are a much bigger pain in the rear to write. My son is on medication, and there is no question he has adhd, as well as speech and fine/gross motor developmental delay but normal intelligence. We kept him off as long as we could, but it got to a point where he had enough of an uphill battle (also being young for his class with a summer birthday) that we felt it was the best thing for him as his confidence was starting to suffer. Unlike the average parent or teacher, this is my actual job so as little as I apparently understand according to Tnet about science, medicine, discipline, education (despite 23 years of it), i felt it was appropriate in his case, and apparently so did his physician.

:rant off:

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic