Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
David Pollock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

David Pollock

Aug 16, 2016, 3:37 PM

Just made the comment that FSU is better than CU at every position except QB
Thoughts???

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: David Pollock

Aug 16, 2016, 3:39 PM

He used to be very pro-Clemson. I guess ESPN finally got to him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll have our chance to prove him right or wrong on the

Aug 16, 2016, 3:39 PM

field. That's my thought.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Aug 16, 2016, 3:45 PM

i'd take our WRs, QB, & DTs

Oline i'd probably take ours, but i'm not familiar enough with their OLine to know for sure

they have the edge at RB

they probably have better secondary & DEs

???? Agree with pheebo ????

Aug 16, 2016, 5:23 PM

I don't know FSU's personel very well, but this seems reasonable

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2016, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: David Pollock ]

I have always found Pollock and Herbie one of the better and more rational voices on the network. Des as well, although he has not been there as long and I have not seen as much of his work thus far.
On paper they have been top 2-3 nationally in recruiting for 5+ years, so that in theory represents your talent pool. Have they had misses? Definitely. As have we. Have we found hidden Gems? No doubt. I do give us an edge on QB, WR (Close tbough) O-Line, and DT's. Their DB's are always solid. For RB's, I would give the overall edge to us. Cook I think might be the best back in the country possibly, big time NFL future. But Wayne Train, Choice (who I'm thinking is a breakout star this year) Fuller, Dye and oh, btw, a talented and fast Feaster make for a better overall group. I watched a few of their backups at Spring Game, and was not overly impressed. End of the day, it should be a pretty good game. To hate on DP for saying that.. ehhh, He gets paid to say things, and this certainly isn't the most offensive thing I have heard on tv about us. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yawn......

Aug 18, 2016, 8:03 AM

Who cares? Maybe by November we'll know the answer. He could be right. But that doesn't mean they have the better team.

Surprises me - I thought he was smarter than that***

Aug 16, 2016, 3:45 PM

FSU game

Aug 16, 2016, 3:46 PM

Will be our toughest game by far, ESP in Tally.

However, saying they are better at every position except QB is just not doing your homework.

WR's ring a bell?

And many more positions are certainly debatable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One Reply - two words

Aug 16, 2016, 3:50 PM

WIDE RECEIVERS/ We will have the best group of wide receivers in the country and there will be visible speed making plays everywhere. The national media acts like Mike Williams is an unproven commodity. Golden State was better at every position except LeBron also. Just Sayin'

According to Rivals, they've out recruited Clemson.

Aug 16, 2016, 3:53 PM

Since the 2012 Class[Guillermo, Tank & Carlos Watkins] Clemson does not have one class that rated higher than FSU.

FSU 6
CU 14

FSU 10
CU 14

FSU 4
CU 13

FSU 3
CU 4

FSU 2
CU 6

Is that the end all be all? Nope, but it is what it is and maybe there's much more to David's thoughts on the matter?

A date in Doak-Campbell waits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: According to Rivals, they've out recruited Clemson.

Aug 16, 2016, 4:49 PM

I was going to say the same, David thinks because rankings in recruiting are better FSU will beat us. They have recruited very well but we recruited Deshaun and our coach isn't trying to micromanage every position either.

I believe we have selected well with leadership quality players and our coaches are better at developing talent in my opinion we have "hit" on more recruits.

It will be tough at Doak but the Deshaun curve along with our whole offense being a team that won 14 games last year and played 15 games. Our defense will have an easier time stopping FSU's offense than their defense will with our offense. I believe that's the whole key, the ceiling of our O is higher than the gap between our D and FSU's O.

I have bet Park Place and Boardwalk on the Tigers an I have Hotels on both.

Go Tigers!!

David Pollock felt the same way last year until he showed up at practice and saw our team. Seeing is believing and it seems the media forgot about out QB and offense. Mike Williams will say hello along with the 5 star matured WR's Deon and Ray Ray. ??????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Is that "why" David Pollack said so? I don't know, he knows

Aug 16, 2016, 4:59 PM

a lot about football & has played at the highest levels.

I am a SME in many things and consider Pollack one of the best in his thing.

I wish I had only 128 items to keep abreast of in my world, I'd certainly hope David is far more versed in college football than Rivals Rankings, but clearly FSU, at least on paper, has talent to burn.

They are loaded.

Me? I hope the FSU-Clemson match up becomes the flag bearer in College Football for many years to come ala FSU-Miami in the 90s.

The difference in rankings is neglibible, not sure

Aug 16, 2016, 6:13 PM [ in reply to According to Rivals, they've out recruited Clemson. ]

how you can say FSU is better at every position but 1 based on it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't say it and I'm not sure David did either based on those

Aug 16, 2016, 6:17 PM

rankings, but FSU has out-recruited Clemson - according to those rankings.

At the very least it provides a fan site's clarity into how much talent FSU has stockpiled.

They are monsters in the recruiting game and Clemson, moreso in the last two years, is closing the gap.

Re: I didn't say it and I'm not sure David did either based on those

Aug 18, 2016, 7:40 AM

Recruits tend to be ranked higher when Alabama and FSU are recruiting them. There is bias in the rankings that blurs the result.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a natural assumption since...

Aug 16, 2016, 3:55 PM

FSU returns so many starters from last year. The concept is that our new guys won't be as good as those who moved on.

That's foolish to anyone who keeps up with Clemson recruiting. We've recruited better each and every year. We're selecting players rather than recruiting them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC homer...

Aug 16, 2016, 3:55 PM

picked Bama to win the natty. BTW....his ears are looking more like Finebaum's.

Great point.***

Aug 16, 2016, 3:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

No it's not, becuase FSU is not in the SEC.***

Aug 16, 2016, 4:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Why don't you just shut your face, turd breath.***

Aug 16, 2016, 4:05 PM

Of all the yous, this last might be my favorite.***

Aug 16, 2016, 4:23 PM

Of all the Francis'...

Aug 16, 2016, 4:27 PM

he's the one to keep an eye on.

He seems a bit more aggressive, which might make Crump

Aug 16, 2016, 4:30 PM

uncomfortable.

[fingers crossed]

And he was right. So what's your point?***

Aug 17, 2016, 7:15 AM [ in reply to SEC homer... ]

i give them RB for sure***

Aug 16, 2016, 4:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope...***

Aug 17, 2016, 7:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

butthurt...***

Aug 16, 2016, 4:03 PM

FSU is stacled outside of QB, so no big deal he thinks that.

Aug 16, 2016, 4:05 PM

He is obviously wrong though.

yawn?***

Aug 16, 2016, 4:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

DT, WR and QB, we are better...probably even on LB...

Aug 16, 2016, 4:12 PM

DE, RB, CB and S they are better. It will be a heck of a game...but with DW4 as QB we will stress their defense quite a bit.

Message was edited by: CJ_for_Heisman®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would say we are better at QB, WR, OL, DT, TE.

Aug 16, 2016, 4:16 PM

I am glad he said it though. I don't like all the preseason praise the team is getting. I would rather everyone said that the team sucks and we have no chance this year.

Re: I would say we are better at QB, WR, OL, DT, TE.

Aug 16, 2016, 5:44 PM

I don't really think it's a stretch, because they've outrecruited everyone not named Alabama for the last 5-6 years.

The only problem for the Noles is we are supremely talented at quarterback, which matters more than any other position on the field. We're close to them in a lot of places, about the same at a few, and they're better in a handful. But I wouldn't trade rosters with them because of QB.

Also......

Aug 17, 2016, 6:48 AM

There is something to be said for coaching, character, and just a general attitude. We have recruited great and some say just a touch behind FSU of course. That said, it seems there are some intangibles going on with the Clemson program. It happens with certain sports teams and the way the team is run. I think Butler in basketball a few years back. Also, I think of Mark Few with Gonzaga. I am not 100% sure that translates into football, but I believe it does with Dabo and staff. Dabo and staff are even better. They recruit with the best of them and they instill a great attitude. I truly believe that Clemson win the national title twice within the next 6 years, with the first of those 2 this season.

"Except for QB" is a huge thing. FSU is uncertain at the

Aug 16, 2016, 6:09 PM

most critical position on the team.

We may not be quite as good at some of the other positions, but we are miles ahead of them at the most imortant spot.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool....good thing our S doesn't play their S, our DE

Aug 16, 2016, 6:10 PM

doesn't go against their DE...you get the picture...

I get what he is saying but this doesn't really sound like an advantage when analyst types do these...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cool....good thing our S doesn't play their S, our DE

Aug 16, 2016, 6:21 PM

You're right, it doesn't say a ton, but it sells magazines and gets people talking, which is mission accomplished.

Aug 16, 2016, 8:36 PM

I have 3 thoughts regarding our recruiting vs. FSU's:
1) Rivals is not the end all and be all when it comes to ranking recruiting classes.
2) The only sensible way to truly evaluate the quality of a recruiting class is after they have all exhausted their college eligibility .... and see how they actually performed at that level.
3) I actually believe that character shows up on the field as well as off of it ... a battle we would win in a walk vs. FSU.
I REST MY CASE!!

Aug 16, 2016, 10:21 PM

When David and Jessie were a couple, which one was the female? I forget.

Aug 16, 2016, 10:25 PM

Jessie was the bottom.

yes, they looked that "stacked" against GT and Houston......

Aug 17, 2016, 8:55 AM

granted, they have recruited well, but let's let them earn some respect AFTER their first game.......

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Aug 18, 2016, 7:48 AM

We are better at qb, wr, te, and dt. They are better at Rb, de, lb, s, and CB. None of this has to do with raw talent it is who is better NOW. OL I think is a push but the hardest to know, and theirs looks better on paper but ours performed just as good or better last year and has the main pieces back.

1. Both teams are crazy loaded at every position.

Aug 18, 2016, 7:52 AM

2. "Except QB" is like saying "Japan was America's equal in WWII except for the nukes". In other words DW4 is the Bomb!

It should be epic, but I say QB is THE factor. Tigers win!!!!

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic