Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quick basketball note
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Quick basketball note

Mar 10, 2020, 3:09 PM

Talked on the phone this morning with someone who said it appears unlikely that any change will be made with Brownell this season. They told me they just don't see it happening, and a national writer who hears all of the whispers has also said he doesn't see anything happening. Things could change, but for right now it appears Brad will be back for another season.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quick basketball note

Mar 10, 2020, 3:10 PM

That’s the worst news you have ever reported! Fire d rad

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2020, 3:10 PM

YAY !!!

Someone cue the song

“Celebrate Good Times, Come On!!”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marlborocountycoot = fromdapeedeeswamp = tigerclaw1819

Mar 10, 2020, 5:27 PM

U6C

Bad Brownell

Mar 10, 2020, 5:48 PM

You probably support him

Clemmy80tiger

63-17, #######***

Mar 11, 2020, 6:15 AM

Nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Next time you talk to Brad, can you get his opinion on

Mar 10, 2020, 3:11 PM

whether he thinks Clemson finished 8th out of 15 teams this season or 9th out of 15 teams? Asking for a Karen.

TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well one thing can't be argued, next year he'll have the

Mar 10, 2020, 3:31 PM

"best team on paper" he's had since he's been here.

There won't be any room for excuses next year.

It's "put up or shut up time"

We've heard that at least twice before.***

Mar 10, 2020, 3:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I know the Sweet 16 team was one of the two, what was

Mar 10, 2020, 3:51 PM

the other team that was supposed to be on par with that team? Surely you're not referring to last year when the two best players on the Sweet 16 team had left

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After Brownell's first year here, when Clemson basketball

Mar 10, 2020, 4:16 PM

nosedived, there was plenty of talk on here about "just give him time to get his players in here and his system fully implemented". I know, because I was one of those. So it would apply to years 4, 5 , and 6, and it just didn't happen; instead it was 7 years before we got back to the NCAA Tournament. So, years 2 thru 6 were "he needs more time" years. It became a joke.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You didn't answer my question though guy, who is this other

Mar 11, 2020, 12:25 AM

team, besides the Sweet 16 team?

Re: I know the Sweet 16 team was one of the two, what was

Mar 10, 2020, 5:33 PM [ in reply to I know the Sweet 16 team was one of the two, what was ]

Grantham didn't even play most of that year and Reed was arguable better than DeVoe. You are saying we shouldn't have made the tourney last year??

Mar 10, 2020, 8:10 PM

The boys were banged up pretty good last year - ESPECIALLY Shelton Mitchell.

Mitchell had some Knee issues if I remember right and as good as Reed was...he and Eli (foul prone) weren't going to carry the team for the long haul.

Just makes you wonder what could have been if Grantham wouldn't have had a season-ending injury in 2017-2018 year...Final Four maybe? Might be a dream but we could have been close.

Mar 10, 2020, 8:17 PM

I agree with Mitchell being hurt and Reed also was bang up some early on especially but that team still had a chance at the end and couldn't get it done.

DG played 19 of 35 games over half the

Mar 11, 2020, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I know the Sweet 16 team was one of the two, what was ]

season,where are you getting that he missed most of the year? Devoe was a better player than Reed was as a JR, thus we lost our best two players off Brad's best team,even if you want to split hairs, Gabe was still in our top 3...So who is this other team that was more talented on paper than our Sweet 16 team?

Mar 11, 2020, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I know the Sweet 16 team was one of the two, what was ]

Grantham played 19 out of 35 games that season.

Re: Well one thing can't be argued, next year he'll have the

Mar 10, 2020, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Well one thing can't be argued, next year he'll have the ]

Describe what you mean by
"best team on paper".

Its like what Muschamp said at last years SEC Media Days

Mar 10, 2020, 3:42 PM

"This is my best team ever". Problem with that comment is it doesn't go away a few months later when you finish up 4-8

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Mar 10, 2020, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Well one thing can't be argued, next year he'll have the ]

Recruiting rankings and stars. Next year will be by far the most talented group we have had in 10 years.

Pretty scary that two #43 ranked classes are...

Mar 11, 2020, 4:28 AM

"The most talented group we've had in 10 years"

Mar 10, 2020, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Well one thing can't be argued, next year he'll have the ]

Think I said the same thing “about 5 years ago”......looks like something’s never change......Go Tigers!!!!

Unfortunately the ACC is supposed to be stellar next year

Mar 11, 2020, 1:41 AM [ in reply to Well one thing can't be argued, next year he'll have the ]

so it's gonna come down to coaching!

Please don't give the Brownell supporters any excuses for...

Mar 11, 2020, 4:29 AM

next year.

They don't think this being the worst ACC in a decade or so is an excuse for us finishing with a sub .500 record.

Any idea if Brad expects to do better in the NIT this year or next?***

Mar 10, 2020, 3:44 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We hope so, but if it takes 5 more years, that's just what

Mar 10, 2020, 4:19 PM

it takes. We can't expect any more than that.

- H. L. Mencken

Why can't you just be happy for our team?***

Mar 10, 2020, 4:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Very bad news.

Mar 10, 2020, 5:13 PM

D-Rad is gutless.

Mar 10, 2020, 5:55 PM

Not sure if this is serious or not. But Brownell just finished a regular season where he beat Duke, Louisville and FSU- 3 top 6 teams and won at Chapel Hill for the first time in Clemson history. I don't think Clemson basketball is in any position to fire a coach with those accomplishments regardless of any other factors. Maybe the suggestion is to just appease the TNET mob. But could cost one some credibility outside of the TNET bubble.

4-4 against the bottom 6 ACC teams this year.

Mar 10, 2020, 6:04 PM

Pitt and just about everyone else won in Chapel Hill. It balances out. There is no realistic hope for long-term sustained success. Exactly how many more years is he going to get?

Re: 4-4 against the bottom 6 ACC teams this year.

Mar 10, 2020, 6:09 PM

Many other teams have won at Chapel Hill all the years before too. But Clemson never has, until this. Brad's not going anywhere after this season and never was. The fact that David Hood is willing to play along with you all is just too bad. Next season if things don't go well may be a different story.

And after next season's mediocre results, there will be more

Mar 10, 2020, 6:29 PM

excuses. Probably different. Another season, same results.

Like a losing record if we gag tomorrow?***

Mar 10, 2020, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Quick basketball note ]

A losing record is being spun into an "accomplishment"

Mar 10, 2020, 8:51 PM

right before our eyes. Unbelievable that it's gotten this far off of the rails.

- H. L. Mencken

As is not playing on day one of the ACCT***

Mar 10, 2020, 8:53 PM

Thanks for sharing what you’ve heard...but

Mar 10, 2020, 6:20 PM

hopefully it’s as insignificant as it seems.

Journalists have been known to be wrong a time or two.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

@davidhood?

Mar 10, 2020, 6:33 PM

Why didn’t y’all cover Brad Brownell’s presser yesterday morning?

He was with Justyn Ross during his brain transplant surgery***

Mar 10, 2020, 8:13 PM

Re: @davidhood?

Mar 10, 2020, 8:24 PM [ in reply to @davidhood? ]

Like David covering a presser with only Brad and J.K. sitting there would have uncovered any new information

A sizable portion of TigerNet posters be like

Mar 10, 2020, 6:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 10, 2020, 8:15 PM

If you had told me I had Corona and my weiner would fall off I could not be anymore disappointed than with this news

LOL @ Anyone who SERIOUSLY thought Brownell would be GONE

Mar 10, 2020, 8:23 PM

Gotta take the bad with the good and the dude beat some good teams at home and FINALLY shed the UNC streak off Clemson's back.

What's funny though is I thought it was almost UNANIMOUS on this board that BBALL was expected to be okay to below-average team-wise and we got about like we expected other than maybe beating a team or two more than previously thought.

Didn't we come in as like preseason bottom dwellers?

Anyway, I'm not here to beat the dead horse as some want to partake in.

I'm not HUGE on basketball as in I can't sit there an point out things like Football but like other Clemson sports LOVE pulling for the student-athletes in PURPLE & ORANGE.

Granted, I understand most people's view that is against Brownell - yes, I want to see us produce a top 5 team in EVERY SPORT and be the Stanford of the East Coast but sometimes things have to go the way they need to go.

Bowden brought us Dabo Swinney, Brownell may set us up similar, he may be the next Franker Beamer, and he could also be the next Hatfield (though if we win the ACC next year...IDK what you folks are gonna do LOL)

Mar 10, 2020, 10:39 PM

Boy that’s hot news !!!! Really just Really.

Mar 11, 2020, 6:01 AM

Was there even a doubt that DRad is keeping status quo?

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic