Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think we broke the ACC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I think we broke the ACC.

Sep 5, 2018, 1:25 PM

Kinda looking that way about now in football.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know what they always say, a rising tide

Sep 5, 2018, 1:28 PM

sinks the other ACC teams' dinghies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: You know what they always say, a rising tide***

Sep 5, 2018, 2:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Same thing happened to SEC when Bama became

Sep 5, 2018, 1:29 PM

so good, it is hard to co-exist with a dynasty level program in your conference - it becomes an issue of year in year out sustainability for everyone else - the contenders list changes every year or so based on class cycling - It was the same when FSU first joined and dominated the ACC for years.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Re: I think we broke the ACC.

Sep 5, 2018, 1:30 PM

What happens when you have a Aircraft Carrier and everyone else is a PT boat!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nah, we just swapped places with FSU

Sep 5, 2018, 1:32 PM

like they did with us in the 90's. Remember they won like 12 out of 14, 10 in a row, something like that.

We have a ways to go to reach that plateau.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nah, we just swapped places with FSU

Sep 5, 2018, 2:18 PM

CLEMSON is far better today than any FSU team that ever suited up. Not even close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WAYYYYYY too early for ANYTHING like that kinda talk,

Sep 5, 2018, 2:23 PM

IMO

FSU finished in the Top 5 for something like 13 years IN A ROW.

THAT is some kinda streak.

And I HATE the semiholes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

agree..***

Sep 5, 2018, 2:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 5, 2018, 1:39 PM

We'll have to see. I think most expected Louisville to take a step back without Jackson, and honestly they fell back last year from the prior season after losing a bunch of guys off the 2016 team. FSU just changed coaches, and their entire offensive scheme. Perhaps they are going to take a step back now, but I think it's too early to tell. I'll be very interested to see how VA Tech looks in a few weeks against ND to see if they are that good, or if FSU is just that bad at the moment.

I think Miami was overrated last season, and just benefited from an easy schedule, and one good win against ND. I do think Miami can be a somewhat constant top 25 team at least based on talent alone. The rest of the teams have pretty much always been up and down programs.

Sep 5, 2018, 2:14 PM

The worst thing that happened to Loserville was letting their DC get poached by Miss. State. If you want to win you need to keep your coaches, especially the good ones, and not let them get poached by SEC teams (spend the money).

Sep 5, 2018, 2:27 PM

I always want the Tigers to be the dominant team in the ACC and on the national level. However, that dominance would be more striking if the other teams in the ACC were of higher caliber. A team that continually dominates in any sport seems to create a degree of apathy among many sports fans but, at the same time, bandwagon fans with no direct connection to the a school or team jump on board solely to be associated with a winner. A good example is the current situation in the SEC. Alabama's dominance in football attracts bandwagon fans from other SEC schools. We need only look at Gamecock fans who always support Alabama as if were their own school.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 3:17 PM

"The Bama Effect"

Also seen in the Big 12 with Oklahoma, FSU in their early days in the ACC, and Big 10 with Ohio State.

And USC in the PAC 12.***

Sep 5, 2018, 3:30 PM

Mere flim-flam stories and nothing but shams and lies

Re: And USC in the PAC 12.***

Sep 5, 2018, 3:31 PM

In bygone days, of course...

Mere flim-flam stories and nothing but shams and lies

Replies: 14
| visibility 1