Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Could you guys have been wrong about Biden ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Could you guys have been wrong about Biden ?

Nov 16, 2020, 8:03 AM

It seems as though he is going to follow the advice of his medical and scientific experts (imagine that) and avoid the national lock-down that many of y'all railed about being just around the corner.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/we-can-get-this-under-control-biden-coronavirus-advisers-oppose-national-lockdown/ar-BB1b2cCo?li=BBnb7Kz

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...Biden was wrong all along with lockdown strategery

Nov 16, 2020, 8:15 AM

He will now do something very similar to what has been going on already...

Did you see where his cancer foundation

Nov 16, 2020, 8:30 AM

had over $3mm in salaries and operating expenses and zero dollars went to research?

Yeah, that happened over the weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No...Biden was wrong all along with lockdown strategery

Nov 16, 2020, 8:43 AM [ in reply to No...Biden was wrong all along with lockdown strategery ]

It's too late anyway. Trump already convinced too many in his cult that it's a hoax or that masks are for pu$$ies. The nation will never get on the same page. I think we are out of luck until the vaccine.

So you agree Biden will not do anything fundamentally

Nov 16, 2020, 8:46 AM

different?

Re: So you agree Biden will not do anything fundamentally

Nov 16, 2020, 9:01 AM

Fundamentally he will encourage masks and act like it's a prob like any good leader would, unlike what Trump did. So, basically the opposite of Trump.

Mask usage is very high. Need to think of something else..

Nov 16, 2020, 10:38 AM

Will also need to find one randomized study that shows masks inhibit the spread, and invalidate all the srudies that show they dont,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mask usage is very high. Need to think of something else..

Nov 16, 2020, 11:52 AM

I don't think cloth masks help much but the N95 masks do but they don't protect your eyes or ears.

I think the randomized tests used n95 masks.***

Nov 16, 2020, 3:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the randomized tests used n95 masks.***

Nov 16, 2020, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Mask usage is very high. Need to think of something else.. ]

Re: I think the randomized tests used n95 masks.***

Nov 16, 2020, 5:02 PM

I haven't seen the randomized trials and am not sure they were done with N95 masks. However, many health care workers are directly exposed to Covid + patients on a regular basis. Nonetheless, most of these workers including my former colleagues and family members have overwhelmingly tested negative over the months. If the N95 masks were ineffective in preventing infection, there would be very few health care workers who haven't tested positive at this point. That is not the case. Other masks afford very little protection for the mask wearer, but probably, though not for certain, offer some protection for others by limiting spread. The vaccine hopefully is as good as advertised thus far. Until then, we are in a tough spot. If wearing a simple mask turns out to have been only marginally useful, it's worth the "sacrifice" in case by everyone wearing the mask, we are actually doing something useful.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why randomized trials can't help

Nov 16, 2020, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Mask usage is very high. Need to think of something else.. ]

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/06/opinion/sunday/coronavirus-masks.html

Message was edited by: spooneye®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why randomized trials can't help

Nov 16, 2020, 8:19 PM

I'm a believer, but as Dr Osterholm a Biden medical advisor said - the data is unknown to prove the efficacy of masks. It will be interesting to see what the 6K person Danish study reveals. It's actually rather amazing what studies have been done in Scandinavia on health issues that would not be allowed for ethical reasons in the U.S.. Sweden in particular has done some bizarre stuff such as studying the natural history of untreated prostate cancer. So we will have at least 2 studies. It doesn't hurt a thing and it most probably helps, so wear the mask. I'm conservative politically which shouldn't have a #### thing to do with wearing a mask, but alas it has become an issue.

Who isnt wearing a mask?

Nov 16, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: No...Biden was wrong all along with lockdown strategery ]

Everyone I see is wearing a mask and distancing and such. This whole idea that like half the population isnt wearing masks is ludicrous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who isnt wearing a mask?

Nov 16, 2020, 9:36 AM

Manac,

You DO understand that your personal experiences (in anything) might not reflect what is going on throughout America, right ?

I personally, would estimate mask wearing and social distancing at about 75% of the people that i am encountering. And I certainly am NOT going into any restaurants or bars yet.

Whatever the numbers are, i would hope that they will improve once our President takes the virus seriously and leads bu example in following the science and the protocols. If Trump had just done that - he might have been re-elected, but he could not bring himself to face reality.

I have been all over the place since this started

Nov 16, 2020, 12:03 PM

NC, SC, CO, NY, PA (several times), AZ

Everywhere I go, people are wearing masks as they are supposed to be doing.

I don't know hardly anyone who wears a mask

Nov 16, 2020, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Who isnt wearing a mask? ]

Except for when they are required to do so.

This isn't that hard.

Nov 16, 2020, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Who isnt wearing a mask? ]

https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/11/15/dc-trump-supporter-bar-gets-1000-fine-for-maskless-crowds/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Literally just saw it this weekend in Virginia and West NC***

Nov 16, 2020, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Who isnt wearing a mask? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Nov 16, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to No...Biden was wrong all along with lockdown strategery ]

bengal,

If i am not mistaken, Joe said all along that he would follow the advice of his medical and scientific experts. NOW, that is what he is doing.

Can you imagine how much better off we all might be (medically a& economically) if we had done that starting back in March ?

Nov 16, 2020, 1:34 PM

Without Trump's vaccine, Biden will have 500,000, maybe a million, deaths on his watch. It is unavoidable.

Nov 16, 2020, 8:47 PM

lollers, "Trump's vaccine".

Does he also get credit for the spaceX launch last night?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could you guys have been wrong about Biden ?

Nov 16, 2020, 10:37 AM

Tobias: you were correct to chide me for my previous snarky post about Biden curing COVID. Forgive me as I attempt to condition myself to a Biden presidency. Note: I am still not giving up hope; just not confident the legal challenge(s) can detect/correct what/if vote fraud occurred.

Likewise, I also think it is too early to concede I was wrong about Biden. Time will tell. And I will publicly acknowledge it, if he does better than I fear(ed). Feel free to remind me or check back with me in the future.

What I do still believe is that he politicized the issue for his campaign and to gain votes from many who already had a disdain (even hatred) for Trump. His plan wasn’t/isn’t significantly different from what Trump is doing and has done. Possibly the biggest differences are 1) Trump’s mask ‘opinion’; 2) Trump’s opposition to Democrat stimulus funding that was not really related to COVID relief, specifically.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/politics/elections/2020/11/02/comparing-trump-and-biden-plans-to-end-covid-19-pandemic/3644287001/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 17, 2020, 5:10 PM

Bill,

Fair enough.

The vaccine option is looking as promising as possible. And hospitals are doing much better on minimizing the adverse affects of the virus, although I am very concerned about us overrunning our capacities to treat as the winter rolls on. Those things happened on trump's watch.

I hope that, moving forward, President Biden can encourage more mask use and social distancing, and help the state & local governments with some of the unexpected expenses that this virus has caused. I also hope that he will be able to generate more public confidence in the vaccines and help make sure that they are widely and smoothly distributed as quickly as possible.

Thanks for some reasonable conversation. I feel better when we can talk about differences without descending into mindlessness. Thumbs up.

Nov 16, 2020, 11:24 AM

Biden is a pos.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 11:49 AM

And Trump lost to him. Says a lot about Trump***

Nov 16, 2020, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Could you guys have been wrong about Biden ? ]

Re: And Trump lost to him. Says a lot about Trump***

Nov 16, 2020, 11:57 AM

I don't thank so. With the mainstream media dogging out Trump 24-7 for 4 years, what do you expect?

They were. And he earned every bit of it. Because he is awful.

Nov 16, 2020, 11:59 AM

Which is why he lost.

Nov 16, 2020, 1:31 PM

The whole idea that the liberals somehow follow the science is ludicrous. Most people with STEM degrees are conservative. Libs are the ones who in general have no freaking idea about anything even semi-technical or anything that has math in it. Like: don't know where to put oil in the car; has no idea how phones work; don't know where a toilet flush goes; thinks you get friends together and create an app over the weekend; etc.

The reason libs have somehow co-opted "follow-the-science" is because they don't understand the science and, therefore, must rely on others. Plus, they like to elevate themselves as superior beings (compared to deplorables) which is silly when so many libs major in women and gender studies, environmental justice, social and economic justice, black history, african studies, sociology, poly sci, communications, English, etc. And, they will take on $150-$200k in loans to get these degrees.

It's not that conservatives don't follow they science, they understand the science and the limits of the science.

If you libs were not mostly hypocrites having 100% of 50% (libs) of the population following the "science" would be enough to stamp out the virus. But, alas, "do as you say, not as you do."

Ditto for climate change. If the libs really cared, they could by themselves (assuming they make up ~50% of the population) "fix" the United State's carbon footprint. But, alas again, they want to tell others what to do, but avoid doing it themselves.

Nov 16, 2020, 1:35 PM

NC_Tiger_

You so easily generalize groups of people

Nov 16, 2020, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Could you guys have been wrong about Biden ? ]

We are a country of 2 tribes, thinking anyone that doesn’t vote for the same person I voted for is evil and completely different than I am.

Maybe there’s some people out there that voted against Trump because he lied through his teeth more than any politician that I have seen in my lifetime. He will do anything to retain power. Democracy is more important than anything. It’s really that simple for me

Nov 16, 2020, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Could you guys have been wrong about Biden ? ]

well..that was a huge pile of Bull Sh!t

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic