Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you want to feel better about our football program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

If you want to feel better about our football program

Oct 16, 2018, 1:58 PM

go back and watch the 2003 season opener against Georgia. I watched it last night, and 15 years later, it was still difficult to stomach.

We were coming off of a 7-6 season in 2002, culminating in a 55-15 beat down by Texas Tech in the Tangerine Bowl. To kick off 2003, Tommy Bowden took over the play calling and vowed to "get back to basics" by running the football better.

We lost to Georgia 30-0 that day. David Pollack was in our backfield all day, and we couldn't run to save our lives. It was a sad, miserably hot day in Death Valley.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=232420228

Oh how far we've come! Thank you Dabo!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: If you want to feel better about our football program

Oct 16, 2018, 1:59 PM

I remember that day. It was ungodly hot standing on that hill. I was depressed beyond measure and ended up sitting naked in a bean bag eating cheetos in Byrnes the rest of the night.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

Oct 16, 2018, 2:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 16, 2018, 2:23 PM

sig-1

Oct 16, 2018, 2:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 16, 2018, 2:32 PM

sig-1

You called?***

Oct 16, 2018, 2:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oct 16, 2018, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: If you want to feel better about our football program ]

Oct 16, 2018, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: If you want to feel better about our football program ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Why would I ever want to do that

Oct 16, 2018, 2:07 PM

Maybe if I were Retired AND Bored

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in Death Valley for that game and the

Oct 16, 2018, 2:09 PM

Beating on the field was much worse than the final score. The amazing thing is that team beat USCjr 63-17????????

And Patty let us go beat UT in the Peach Bowl that year.***

Oct 16, 2018, 2:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

worst part was the UGA fans

Oct 16, 2018, 2:11 PM

singing " hey hey hey, good bye."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You could've just stopped at the subject line on that one.***

Oct 16, 2018, 2:42 PM

GO TIGERS!!

Miserable day.***

Oct 16, 2018, 2:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Miserable day.***

Oct 16, 2018, 2:25 PM

That was an awful experience

God that was a miserable day. It was like 101 degrees at

Oct 16, 2018, 2:39 PM

kickoff...

It was by far the worst day I have ever had in or around death valley.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: God that was a miserable day. It was like 101 degrees at

Oct 16, 2018, 2:53 PM

Only at A&M a few years ago felt hotter and it was a 6pm kickoff as I recall

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there. I ain't watchin' that again! ;-)***

Oct 16, 2018, 2:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really had forgotten what a 7-6 season felt like

Oct 16, 2018, 2:58 PM

Thanks for keeping us humble but you are a party pooper ??

And if I remember correctly.

Oct 16, 2018, 3:08 PM

Whitehurst took an unimaginable bludgeoning in that bowl game. If it were in today's era of football he'd have been in concussion protocol....

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic