Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am challenging all Clemson fans...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

I am challenging all Clemson fans...

Nov 20, 2012, 3:00 PM

Every week we have a home game, there are tons of people sitting around acting like they are watching the game on TV. Plenty of fans even turn back and look at my group for yelling when our D is on the field. Fans, please realize that you can have a huge effect on the game if you will make as much noise as you can when our D is on the field.

Football is a game of momentum, and we can take momentum away from the opposing team by making as hard as we can on the opposing team's offense to understand signals or hear their QB. I challenge all Clemson fans to make this game one for the ages in terms of what we can do to help our team win. When our D is on the field, and not just on 3rd downs, please yell as loud as you can. If we expect our guys to leave it all on the field, shouldn't we do our part?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am challenging all Clemson fans...

Nov 20, 2012, 3:01 PM

Well said...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm in . . . ALL IN ! ! ! LOUDLY ! ! !***

Nov 20, 2012, 3:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

And be ready to go at the start of the 3rd quarter too

Nov 20, 2012, 3:03 PM

I almost wish Clemson would do away with the pass outs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

My voice is still trying to recover from NCSU***

Nov 20, 2012, 3:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: My voice is still trying to recover from NCSU***

Nov 20, 2012, 3:07 PM

No kidding. I sound like garbage every week after a home game until about Wednesday or Thursday. I wish we could get the casual fan to understand the impact they can have on the game. I realize posting on Tigernet is pretty much only getting to the people who are already pretty rabid fans, but I figure it is worth a shot. Can you imagine what the stadium would sound like if we could get even 60k people to yell as loud as they could when our D is on the field? It would be insane.

It could be like the 2005 Miami game. That was INSANE.

Nov 23, 2012, 9:38 PM

I thought it was as loud as I had ever heard it in Death Valley on that drive, and then it got even louder after that third down sack. I get chills thinking about it.

The Boston College game in 2007 (I think that's the right year) was pretty loud too. I've heard people say it was even louder than Miami, but not where I was sitting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said!

Nov 20, 2012, 3:06 PM

I agree completely! Nothing bothers me more than the people who don't utter a sound the whole game. I don't mind if you're a sitter due to age or other health reasons, but you can still do your part and be just as loud sitting down. Help the team out! Yell from kickoff until the end of the game! I know I will be! Go Tigers!

Maybe some people just want to watch the game

Nov 20, 2012, 3:09 PM

And value their voice more than they value adding more yell to the crowd.

That's one thing I never liked about going to football games...too much yelling.

And some posters just want to be #####.***

Nov 20, 2012, 3:12 PM

Agreed !! *****

Nov 20, 2012, 3:13 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't trying to be rude. That's my honest opinion.***

Nov 20, 2012, 3:13 PM [ in reply to And some posters just want to be #####.*** ]

Then stay home. God you're such a #####.***

Nov 20, 2012, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Maybe some people just want to watch the game ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do stay home. You seem upset.***

Nov 20, 2012, 3:19 PM

You like to accuse me of that as if it is relevant.

Nov 20, 2012, 3:23 PM

But no, I'm fine. I just think you're a #####.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool, just checking. Let me know if you want to talk.***

Nov 20, 2012, 3:25 PM

LETS BURN HIM.****

Nov 20, 2012, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Then stay home. God you're such a #####.*** ]

the biggest difference between going to the game and

Nov 23, 2012, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Maybe some people just want to watch the game ]

watching it at home is the atmosphere. if you don't scream and holler, you might as well watch it at home, or in a board room if you are using it more as a business meeting. we have more than enough fans that use the game as a social setting, we need the fans that come to watch the game for the SPORT of it, not a " get to know you or i was at the game" sort of attendee.

Re: the biggest difference between going to the game and

Nov 23, 2012, 9:30 PM

mostly true. i go to every carolina home game and have fir most of my life. i rarely cheer. i clap when something good happens and i never boo. just not an excitable person. i do love the atmosphere, though, and i am glad most people are not like me. want it to be as loud as possible. i just dont get that intensely worked up.

Re: Maybe some people just want to watch the game

Nov 23, 2012, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Maybe some people just want to watch the game ]

Thank you for this post, and for feeling this way. My wife always worries that I'm gonna burst a blood vessel or something. I've got a 80+ couple directly in front of me, but he wears his head phones....it's all good. I yell constantly on defense, and strive to be the loudest person in the valley.

What are you, old??***

Nov 23, 2012, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Maybe some people just want to watch the game ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I seriously wish Dabo would

Nov 20, 2012, 3:07 PM

get on the mic after running down the hill and challenge our fans like this. It would take 5 seconds and Shaw wouldn't be able to hear a thing.

I will be sitting throughout the game

Nov 20, 2012, 3:08 PM

In honor of Marcus

#21 Never Forget

If you were the guy sitting behind me at the GT game, who for all 4 quarters would only yell "Venables, what do we pay you for?" and "Earn your paycheck Venables," while being a scrawny white boy wearing a blue button down shirt with a god ###### bowtie, then the glares are fully merited.

Moral of the story: Yell. Yell Loudly. And make sure it is supportive of the team. No one wants their day ruined from your b!tchfest.

Nope, not me. I sit up in TDD. When I say yell for the team, I mean make noise when the D is on the field. Other than yelling words to try to get others to pour it on the other teams offense, I don't really yell words. I do not promote tearing down the team or coaches at the game.

I'll be annoying the slack fans around me, as usual. All in.***

And Students (you know who I'm talking about) get in the

Nov 20, 2012, 3:10 PM

stands early and don't freaking leave at half time.

YOU CAN HELP THE TIGERS WIN. DO IT!!!!

I don't think you will have that probably Saturday.

Nov 20, 2012, 3:11 PM

Unless the game is really really bad for you.

*problem, not probably. I do that all the time.***

Nov 20, 2012, 3:11 PM

Re: And Students (you know who I'm talking about) get in the

Nov 20, 2012, 3:35 PM [ in reply to And Students (you know who I'm talking about) get in the ]

The only students that left at halftime for NC State where the Frat stars (nothing new.) Us real fans will have our butts in the seats before the game and at half time and on our feet screaming our heads off during the game.

Re: I am challenging all Clemson fans...I dont understand

Nov 20, 2012, 3:10 PM

why people generally sit there quiet while the qb tells his O the play. you should be loud when they huddle till they snap it. you increase the opportunity for misunderstanding play and snap count then. why be quiet when opposing O is in the huddle

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^THIS

That annoys the crap out of me. Why does everyone wait until they are already at the line with the play to get loud? Any why does the new music guy keep playing music on third down during that time like we are a #### NFL team?

Re: I am challenging all Clemson fans...I dont understand

Nov 20, 2012, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I am challenging all Clemson fans...I dont understand ]

Excellent point. I should have mentioned that in the original post.

Additionally,

Nov 20, 2012, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I am challenging all Clemson fans...I dont understand ]

I thought the new music guy was supposed to be an upgrade over the last one? The music has been an epic fail this year. At least in years past, there was at least one game when they played the perfect song at the perfect time and the whole croud got jumpin.

One of those was Fla st with "We will rock you" remember??***

Nov 24, 2012, 12:22 AM

Wow I'd hate to be in your section

Nov 20, 2012, 3:19 PM

even the old people in my section yell.

Jelly

Nov 20, 2012, 3:20 PM

I'm in a generally young section, but most seem to be greek alumni. They show up late, leave early, get way too drunk, and never get loud. Occasionally b*tch the whole game.

As a greek alum I take offense to that

Nov 20, 2012, 3:39 PM

We're not all bad although I'd say a solid half of us are. I barely ever leave at halftime and am constantly loud.

I apologize

Nov 20, 2012, 3:49 PM

In reality, I have a few greek friends from college, and they are all great people. There are just so many ones like the ones I described that it's created a stigma. Well, that and the high visibility associated with greek life.

Please re-read my last post with the word greek replaced with the word 'd.o.u.c.h.e'

Message was edited by: tgrfn787®

Re: As a greek alum I take offense to that

Nov 20, 2012, 3:53 PM [ in reply to As a greek alum I take offense to that ]

It isn't everyone, there are some bad eggs that reflect poorly on all of greek life. Generally, they're all good people.

Haha didn't you just call them frat stars above?***

Nov 20, 2012, 4:03 PM

Re: Wow I'd hate to be in your section

Nov 20, 2012, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Wow I'd hate to be in your section ]

I'm in TDD. Most of the time my group feels like it is up to us to try and lead by example. In the past few years more and more people have gotten into it. I think most people in the upper deck feel like they can't make a difference, but we definitely can.

Clemson makes us feel that way... they hand out free stuff

Nov 23, 2012, 8:10 PM

(pom poms) to the lower deck only.

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Nov 20, 2012, 3:20 PM

I'm right there with you. The fans can have a much larger effect than most of them realize !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People have called me....

Nov 20, 2012, 3:23 PM

the NUT in section "I" that yells every down the defense is on the field. I stand up the entire game and have been told to sit down. I told fans around me these are called "stands" for a reason. I have been "standing" in the same seats for nearly 35 years now and don't anticipate changing anything anytime soon. I will sit when I am unable to stand. Even years ago after my hip surgery I stood, with the aid of crutches, and yelled the entire game. You are right though, momentum is a huge deal in this sport. I like to think I am doing my part. It's all I can control. I can't block. I can't tackle. But I can darn well yell like ####. Some people may think I am insane sometimes and say I may "go over the top" with my enthusiasm. I say not. I just consider myself "All In, All The Freakin' Time". Go Tigers !!!

Re: People have called me....

Nov 20, 2012, 3:26 PM

^^^^This guy has the enthusiasm we all need to exhibit, especially this coming Saturday night.

Did that in Miami on January 4th, 2012 until 00.00 showed on

Nov 20, 2012, 3:31 PM

the scoreboard. Didn't see many people in orange still there. Maybe a couple of hundred of us were still left to cheer for the team as they came off the field. I don't doubt that those boys didn't work their butt off, so I supported them through it. Kind of like marriage...for better or worse, sickness or health, til death am I a TIGER.

And I was right there also....

Nov 20, 2012, 3:37 PM

Go Tigers !!

Nov 20, 2012, 3:32 PM

Everyone should have lost their voice by the end of the game, if you haven't you aren't doing your job. This is DEATH VALLEY. Prove why it is so hard to play in this stadium. Don't make us students do all the work, stand up, get loud and show South Carolina where the REAL Death Valley is!

I'm ready. The pipes are ready. Spot the dern ball! Can't

Nov 20, 2012, 3:52 PM

wait till Saturday!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2012, 3:21 PM

Seems appropriate to bump this post back to the front today.

Nov 23, 2012, 3:42 PM

Loosing voice every game - ?
Ugly glares from lazy fans around group - ?
Fans in front just as loud as my group - ?
Fans beside try to be loud as my group - ?
Bail money lined up and praying not to have to use it - ?

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Nov 23, 2012, 5:46 PM

When I was at CU the students (all of them) LED the fans in cheering and making noise. I did notice at the NC State game a lack of "holler'in", but I'm not hear to complain - I was just happy to be there! If I was in Death Valley tomorrow I would be yelling and making noise and probably lose my voice - but who cares? It's the last home game of the year and it's Carolina! Everyone should be as loud as possible.

"Back in the day" it was one of the hallmarks of Death Valley to very, very loud to the point of being obnoxious. Carolina fans were the ones who were chastised for leaving early even in at home (ever heard the term 'fair weather fan"? Any mention of that term and ANYONE in the state of SC knew you meant a gamecock - NEVER a Tiger). Anyway I'll be yelling at the flat panel tv tomorrow night cheering my Tigers on to victory!

Nov 23, 2012, 7:05 PM

So glad I'm in the student section. If someone looked at me for yelling on defense I'm not sure what I would do.

Get the ### ball!***

Nov 23, 2012, 7:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

No tapping on people on back and asking them to sit down

Nov 23, 2012, 7:27 PM

If you don't want to contribute to the reasons death valley has a reputation then just stay home and watch it on TV.

(except obviously for elderly or handicapped) but everyone else NO EXCUSES!!!

All in

Nov 23, 2012, 7:29 PM

nm

I plan to be hoarse on Sunday!***

Nov 23, 2012, 8:06 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

You're right on about how sometimes people turn around

Nov 23, 2012, 9:12 PM

and look at you when you yell and scream and make as much noise as possible. I spent several years in the student section screaming so loud that my voice was usually gone by the beginning of the fourth quarter and I would get so light-headed that I had to sit down from time to time for a minute or two.

When I started sitting in the WEZ after graduation, I remember people looking at me like I was a little crazy for screaming constantly when we were on defense.

What's worse than that is what happened when I had the misfortune to join a friend of mine from high school at the a SCU-LSU game in Columbia. He was yelling and screaming for the coots, and some other fans actually told him to be quiet. It was the strangest thing I've ever seen at a football game.

I'm going to be uncomfortably loud!

Nov 23, 2012, 10:54 PM

Go Tigers!! Beat the Coots!!

If it didn't matter, why would our players be motioning us

Nov 24, 2012, 12:28 AM

to yell???? Thank goodness our section stands and yells all thru the game...why else go???

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic