Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something to keep in mind regarding Shaq Smith
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Something to keep in mind regarding Shaq Smith

May 15, 2019, 12:19 PM

When he was being recruited, his HS coach at St Frances in Baltimore (prior to him going to IMG) was Cory Robinson, and Smith said many, many times that Robinson was like a father figure to him. Maryland hired Robinson and he was recruiting Smith and the Terps were in the mix, but some staff shakeup there forced Robinson to Toledo. When that happened, Smith dropped Maryland because of "staff changes." Those were his words.

Well, guess who is back at Maryland? Robinson is back as the defensive passing game coordinator/defensive backs coach...Mike Locksley hired him in January.

So if Smith is entering the transfer portal, is from Baltimore, Robinson is back on staff at MD and Smith says he doesn't want schools to contact him, the math SEEMS pretty easy. Guess we will find out.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have to think about that too long. ***

May 15, 2019, 12:23 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^conjecture and here say***

May 15, 2019, 12:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Highly informed conjecture and heresay.***

May 15, 2019, 12:25 PM

"here say"? More Tigernet lexicon I'm unaware of?

May 15, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to ^^conjecture and here say*** ]

nm

It's the opposite of "there say"

May 15, 2019, 12:27 PM

Duh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are the opposites of "their say" and "they're say" for

May 15, 2019, 12:36 PM

the grammatically-challenged?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

"our say" and "we're say"***

May 15, 2019, 12:37 PM

I recommend you start "no say"

May 15, 2019, 12:46 PM

moran

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

And I can't blame him one bit; totally understandable.***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Closer to home and plenty of room for friends and family

This pic is 7 mins before kickoff.

https://twitter.com/1057TheFan/status/855819461441585152?s=20

Somewhat fake news. Didn't realize that was 2 years ago. This is 2019

May 15, 2019, 12:36 PM

https://theskyboat.com/maryland-2019-football-spring-game-gallery/

I hate word problems...

May 15, 2019, 12:26 PM

Give me a few minutes though, I’ll figure it out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Ok...

May 15, 2019, 12:29 PM

I was wrong, I have no idea where he’s going.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Ok...

May 15, 2019, 12:31 PM

I wish you’d enter the transfer portal and go to the East Carolina fan board or something. You’re not good enough to poast hear.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's entering the Relocation Vortex, kind of like that

May 15, 2019, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Ok... ]

Star Trek thingy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: He's entering the Relocation Vortex, kind of like that

May 15, 2019, 1:50 PM

called the Transporter Room-energize

Re: Something to keep in mind regarding Shaq Smith

May 15, 2019, 12:26 PM

So you mean, that people shouldn’t just immediately label him as not good enough, not living up to his 5* rating, and a quitter?

There’s a novel concept.

Thanks David.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone paid attention during the Transitive Property

May 15, 2019, 12:29 PM

discussion in math class that day.

I thought you’d be above starting rumors . . . ***

May 15, 2019, 12:34 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought you’d be above starting rumors . . .***

May 15, 2019, 12:34 PM

I thought you would be above duplicate replies.

May 15, 2019, 12:51 PM

:)

Me too!***

May 15, 2019, 1:03 PM

Me two!***

May 15, 2019, 1:03 PM [ in reply to I thought you would be above duplicate replies. ]

I think - lovingit - if it’s worth saying once .... it’s worth saying .....

May 15, 2019, 1:54 PM

.... twice !! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 15, 2019, 12:35 PM

But there had to be a catalyst to set this in motion. David, has the depth chart post spring been made public or do you have insight to it?

May 15, 2019, 1:56 PM

Looking for this too - Speak ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 15, 2019, 12:41 PM

davidhood® Thanks for that info. Makes sense now!

Didn't Tre Lamar RS? And was a former 5*?

Family and Friends having the ability to see you play.
He gets to be around the person he considers (dad); I get it!

***During all his interviews the last half of last year and up until now this year; he kept bringing up maturity. How RS helped him develop as a man and how; Clemson has taught him so much more than just football. And most important; how appreciative he was of all of it!
Unless something else other than what you said is the case; I don't think he has any ill-will toward Clemson at all!
I don't think it's a selfish move either! More about family/friends and wanting to feel like he is giving back "closer to home"! I get that.

***I do agree; "it's odd timing"! Dorian O'Daniel is doing well in the NFL with only 1 year starting and starring! So, he has seen it happen here.
By the math you gave - makes perfect sense to me now!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2019, 1:53 PM

Can you confirm if he was going to start or not? TIA.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic