Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I put my pants on just like all of you, one leg at a time,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I put my pants on just like all of you, one leg at a time,

Feb 5, 2014, 12:34 AM

except once my pants are on, I am a Clemson Tiger fan who once sat on the front row at every Clemson basketball game in the rabble rouser student section in my appointed seat which was never compromised by classes, weather, tests, a possible case of rabies, or exams on the day of the game or ensuing days thereafter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I put my pants on just like all of you, one leg at a time,

Feb 5, 2014, 1:17 AM

During the Rick Barnes era, I was not a student at Clemson but I was a student at Wofford, and I drove over to Clemson from Wofford for every home basketball game and the same during the Shyatt era my senior year I believe.

I only attended one Wofford game ever though LOL and that was only because I wanted to see coach John Kresse call a game with his College of Charleston kids. If I recall Wofford should had won that game but blew it in the end.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here

Feb 5, 2014, 2:14 AM

during Cliff Ellis reign. Sat in the front row of EVERY home ACC game. Loved yelling at Dean Smith while watching Perkins, Worthy, Jordan play for UNC. Sampson for UVA. But nothing beat yelling at Lefty Driesell, telling him to take his coat off, which he always would do. And I don't think there was a better player in those days than Len Bias.

Re: Same here

Feb 5, 2014, 3:27 AM

You are correct about Bias.

Bias and Bird and the Celtics would had been a pretty tough team to beat. Shame.

What great players the ACC had back then. Wow.

Hate this 1 and done stuff.

Re: Re: Same here

Feb 5, 2014, 3:36 AM

Partner did you get to catch Andrew Goudlock, or sp? He could knock em down. Was with the Lakers at last check. Nonetheless, it was a pleasure to watch him play.

And?

Feb 5, 2014, 6:29 AM

Why is that important?

Because I've got a fever and the only prescription is more

Feb 5, 2014, 7:27 AM

cowbell and better fan involvement at Clemson basketball games.

The controversy over exams, lab work, field exercises, etc.

Feb 5, 2014, 6:38 AM

conflicting with scheduled home games is nothing new, as it arose during my years there from 1965-1969.

In fact it resulted in a major clash between "The Tiger" and a group of professors during my year as the Editor-in-Chief, for we believed this small cadre were deliberately scheduling exams and so forth as a protest. Of course, we understood the primary role of academics, but we felt there was enough time for academia without the necessity for conflict.

When we considered the total time spent on campus, the lack of things to do off campus and the need to support our teams, rightly or wrongly, we launched an all-out war against the anti-sports crowd even to the extent of calling out profs by name in print. It got ugly. lol

I won't call out students now, but I do know how important it is for our teams to be strongly supported at home...first by students, then fans. And I'll be blunt: as far as I've been concerned for the past 50 years, the students should receive the best seating in the most visible areas where the noise will be the loudest...period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly***

Feb 5, 2014, 7:29 AM

But I bet u didn't know I put MY pants on 2 legs at a time!****

Feb 5, 2014, 6:38 AM

LOL....The old fireman's trick of jumping into the pants

Feb 5, 2014, 7:01 AM

with both legs at the same time!

Or that of students late for class and dashing off to classes on the QT.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, that's not how Bruce Dickinson puts on his pants***

Feb 5, 2014, 7:30 AM [ in reply to But I bet u didn't know I put MY pants on 2 legs at a time!**** ]

Pants ? Pants ? ? ? ? ? Not sure I follow . . .

Feb 5, 2014, 7:05 AM

signed,

bob

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

LOL...Point to you, my good Friend. Exactly what I was

Feb 5, 2014, 7:08 AM

thinking about our esteemed Mr. Bob and his partner in grime: the infamous Mr. GWP, Esquire.

speakin on pants...

Feb 5, 2014, 7:11 AM [ in reply to Pants ? Pants ? ? ? ? ? Not sure I follow . . . ]

photo bs5651_zpsdaba39dd.jpg

i has the excited this mornin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled 'skirt.'

Feb 5, 2014, 7:08 AM

Hey, just joking, don't get mad.

But you are in California.

Google "SNL Cowbell video" and watch the entire 5 minute

Feb 5, 2014, 7:33 AM

cut.

Re: I put my pants on just like all of you, one leg at a time,

Feb 5, 2014, 7:18 AM

So do I. But when my pants are on I make GOLD RECORDS. Now I need more COWBELL!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got a fever***

Feb 5, 2014, 7:33 AM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic