Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Still not ready to crown Brady the GOAT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

Still not ready to crown Brady the GOAT

Feb 6, 2017, 9:03 AM

He may be the GOAT but I'm not ready to crown him ALLweatherfan's GOAT

If Pete Carol runs the NFL's leading rusher from the 1 yard line 3 straight times Brady doesn't win that one.

If Falcons run the ball 3 times and kick a FG Brady doesn't win last night.

Tuck rule.

He only has 2 Super Bowl rings with out those gifts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Still not ready to crown Brady the GOAT

Feb 6, 2017, 9:13 AM

when he retires and the Pats keep winning, then you know it's the coach. Brady is a heck of a qb. I'm not a big fan, but give the devil his due.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2017, 10:40 AM

But even then, are you going to consider Montana the best of all time if the Pats still win after Brady? Montana had the best coach of his generation along with the best receiver of all time, and his successor, Steve Young, was extremely successful. Should people consider Montana a system QB?

Feb 6, 2017, 1:47 PM

Steve Young kept things chugging. Then again Steve Young was awesome. Or was HE a product of the system as well?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2017, 2:29 PM

That's the thing. I think Steve Young was a great QB. An incredible QB even. In my opinion, there's no such thing as a "system QB" at the NFL level. Almost every legendary QB has had a legendary coach with him. The only two I can think of without the legendary coach are Manning and Elway. Brady, Montana, Marino all had arguably the 3 best coaches of all time with them...but people dislike Brady, so they try to say that Brady is a product of the system, rather than give him his due credit.

Feb 6, 2017, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Still not ready to crown Brady the GOAT ]

I don't see how anyone can say "someone" is the best of all time. There are to many variables. Taking nothing away from Brady and his accomplishments, would he have won five Super Bowls without Bill B.? Then you can turn it around and say that Bill wouldn't be a five time winner without Brady. It's a combination that has worked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last night was NE's largest SB margin of victory***

Feb 6, 2017, 9:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummm, ok, well

Feb 6, 2017, 9:18 AM

if the Giants don't make some of the most improbable plays in NFL history late in their two most recent SB wins, then Brady and the Pats have 7 rings right now.

While we are doing all this if, if, if stuff, that is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Ummm, ok, well

Feb 6, 2017, 10:37 AM

Exactly. The two SB losses came on miracle plays from the Giants, including one of the most amazing catches of all time.

Feb 6, 2017, 12:07 PM

one of the most amazing catches of all time....that caused multiple holes to be punched in my wall by a CRAZY Pats fan.

Feb 6, 2017, 2:31 PM

Scott? Is that you?

Dude I already apologized on Facebook and I even made a half-assed atttempt to patch the wall back in University Village. You don't need to embarrass me on TigerNet to prove your point, I have a reputation to uphold with these bozos.

Those are loser arguments. If Bama plays a different

Feb 6, 2017, 9:21 AM

coverage maybe they beat us. THEY DIDN'T! END OF STORY!

I can say that because I said he's not MY GOAT.....

Feb 6, 2017, 10:33 AM

besides, he's a proven cheater who is also coached by a proven cheater.

His proven Cheater Coach may also be the GOAT but he's not my GOAT.

See how that worked.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

yeah, you can use the Loser's Argument...because you LOST***

Feb 6, 2017, 4:41 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because you LOST***WRONG....

Feb 6, 2017, 7:26 PM

I don't give a rats butt about NFL. I only root for the team with Clemson players.
Except last year, neither Broncos or Panthers had a Clemson Player so I rooted for Broncos since Panthers have never drafted a Clemson player.

And if Bama defends the rub play, they are celebrating..

Feb 6, 2017, 9:21 AM

two in a row.

Guess what?... COULDA, SHOULDA, WOULDA. And I wanted Jarrett and Beasley to get their rings, but that is sports, and you acknowledge winners and the GOATs.

It's folks with attitudes like yours that did not vote for Deshaun... winning did not matter at the end of it all. Make sense???

Feb 6, 2017, 10:32 AM

See how that worked.

It "worked" about as...

Feb 6, 2017, 7:51 PM

well as the Falcons defense did in the fourth quarter.

Sound cootish much?

Feb 6, 2017, 9:25 AM

Brady and the rest of the team will tell you he's no GOAT. Just a product of the Pats system. Any decent qb (imo) would have had just as many. Maybe more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, ok. It's all because of a system...because the other

Feb 6, 2017, 9:48 AM

greats of the game like Joe Montana didn't play in a system or have great coaches. Brady is the greatest QB of all time, and last night ended that debate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^gets it^^^

Feb 6, 2017, 11:35 AM

montana was in the west coast offense, had rb's galore, all star wr's, and a shutdown d. and i considered him the greatest that ever lived - until brady. and last night leaves no doubt. and by the op's analogy, all these "gifts" are the reason brady won. i would counter that with this, clemson probably doesn't win championship if state kicker makes fg.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

MAYBE more? That's some MFin' system!***

Feb 6, 2017, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Still not ready to crown Brady the GOAT ]

But none of that did happen. Brady won 5 trophies is what did happen.

Feb 6, 2017, 9:34 AM

You sound like those idiot sec fans who called the fuabam show claim clemson didn't really win the nc...cuase if this and if that.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Feb 6, 2017, 10:31 AM

See how that worked.

Re: I can say that because I said he's not MY GOAT.....

Feb 6, 2017, 12:08 PM

Maybe if you copy & paste the same response again you'll sound like less of an idiot.

How does me making my conditions upon which

Feb 6, 2017, 3:04 PM

I come to the conclusion that my GOAT is not Brady?
I liked Brady and rooted for him and the Patriots in his first super bowl.
Then they got caught cheating, twice.
Felt the same way about lance Armstrong. I even wrote an article about my admiration for Lance Armstrong. Then he got caught cheating and his accomplishments were compromised in my mind. Same thing with McGuire and Sosa.

Great players take advantage of sub-par coaches

Feb 6, 2017, 9:56 AM

and players.

He's great, whether we want him to be or not.

If alabama had not scored too early, we'd never been crowned

Feb 6, 2017, 10:35 AM

national champs.

we could play that game all day!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I can say that because I said he's not MY GOAT.....

Feb 6, 2017, 11:42 AM

See how that worked." - ALLweatherfan

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Brady is the G.O.A.T. and he proved that/ended that

Feb 6, 2017, 11:43 AM

discussion last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: Brady is the G.O.A.T. and he proved that/ended that

Feb 6, 2017, 8:00 PM

Not really. DW4 will break it one day. Would have to argue that elway or Montana would have had more sb titles under belicheck... or however u spell the cheater.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

greatest cheater of all time...

Feb 6, 2017, 11:51 AM

Him and the patriots are in the same boat as Marion Jones, Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, and so on. Just because they get away with it doesn't mean it's ok

Re: greatest cheater of all time...

Feb 6, 2017, 11:58 AM

SMH

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

You can change your sig now..

Feb 6, 2017, 12:05 PM [ in reply to greatest cheater of all time... ]

she's back in the US

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

well, you know bob

Feb 6, 2017, 12:23 PM

some people don't change their sigs until they are emotionally driven to do so.

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Armstrong cheated in a sport where everyone cheats...

Feb 6, 2017, 2:06 PM [ in reply to greatest cheater of all time... ]

cycling is actually a competition to see who is the best at cycling plus cheating. He won.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2017, 12:14 PM

IDC about NFL but Brady can't do it all. Dropped passes, missed extra points, best receiver injured. Lol

An interisting arguement can be made that he's 4 plays away

Feb 6, 2017, 12:33 PM

From being 1-6 in superbowls

2002 - Vinatieri kicks a 48 yd FG as time expires to beat the Rams 20-17
2004 - Panthers kicker mis-hits the kickoff after Carolina ties the game at 29. Vinatieri kicks a 41 yarder for the 32-29 win.
2005 - Philly rallies late but falls short in a game the pats controlled 24-21.
2015 - Instead of using the leagues best running game to punch in a score from the 1, Seattle elects to throw and is intercepted, losing 28-24
2017 - Atlanta fumbles, takes themselves out of FG range and allows 19 points in the final 10 minutes of regulation to force OT, losing on a Brady TD drive 34-28.

Basically I could argue that in 2002, 2004, 2015, and 2017 the pats were one play away from not winning the game.

While I don't think that impacts Brady's legacy, it does underscore how close most of their games have been.

there's about a 50/50 chance that an NFL game could've been

Feb 6, 2017, 1:00 PM

decided by one play. "In the last twenty years 46.12% of all the NFL regular season games were decided by 7 or less points." http://www.marasoft.com/nfl-margin-victory.php

Or, how about Clemson during the last two magical years, and all of these near misses?

20-17 Louisville
24-22 Notre Dame
45-37 UNC (reverse it and Tnet would still be complaining about that onsides kick call)
19-13 Auburn
30-24 Troy
42-36 Louisville
24-17 OT NC State (choked on 33 yd field goal to win)
37-34 FSU
42-35 Va Tech
35-31 Bama

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Agreed

Feb 6, 2017, 1:22 PM

However I'd say that the only other argument you could make for GOAT would be Montana and only two of his were close, and only 1 came down to a play either way.

You could make the counter argument that Brady was actually more valuable in the patriots wins because of his 5, 3 of them required him to lead game winning drives in the end of regulation or OT. Montana only did that once.

If we're just going by best player we've seen play, I stick

Feb 6, 2017, 2:08 PM

with Elway.

He dragged some SORRY ### Broncos teams to the Super Bowl. Yes, they got stomped IN the SB, but they should have gotten stomped and never really should have been there except Elway willed it.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's two plays away from 7-0 as well***

Feb 6, 2017, 1:41 PM [ in reply to An interisting arguement can be made that he's 4 plays away ]

That's a lot of butthurt***

Feb 6, 2017, 1:40 PM

Put Brady on any other team without Belicheck

Feb 6, 2017, 1:44 PM

and we probably would have never heard of him

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

That is laughable***

Feb 6, 2017, 2:02 PM

Re: Put Brady on any other team without Belicheck

Feb 6, 2017, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Put Brady on any other team without Belicheck ]

Agree.

If he's NOT the GOAT, who the #### is?***

Feb 6, 2017, 2:01 PM

^^^this guy gets it^^^

Feb 6, 2017, 2:37 PM

What is this world coming to?

we're ALL doomed***

Feb 6, 2017, 4:34 PM

Re: If he's NOT the GOAT, who the #### is?***

Feb 6, 2017, 2:43 PM [ in reply to If he's NOT the GOAT, who the #### is?*** ]

That's easy... DW4

You can make that case for College players***

Feb 6, 2017, 4:36 PM

Feb 6, 2017, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: If he's NOT the GOAT, who the #### is?*** ]

This is all I was ever inferring. That and I can never admit a GOAT that played for Michigan.

Feb 6, 2017, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: If he's NOT the GOAT, who the #### is?*** ]

This person gets it ^^^^ DW4!

My GOAT is Jim Brown***

Feb 6, 2017, 7:21 PM [ in reply to If he's NOT the GOAT, who the #### is?*** ]

Isn't the GOAT RB usually a separate discussion?***

Feb 6, 2017, 7:29 PM

GOAT NFL player has to be Jim Brown***

Feb 6, 2017, 7:32 PM

I thought ww were talking quarterbacks!!***

Feb 6, 2017, 7:38 PM [ in reply to My GOAT is Jim Brown*** ]

Re: My GOAT is Jim Brown***

Feb 6, 2017, 8:03 PM [ in reply to My GOAT is Jim Brown*** ]

Got my vote.

sweetness***

Feb 6, 2017, 7:52 PM [ in reply to If he's NOT the GOAT, who the #### is?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sweetness***

Feb 6, 2017, 8:06 PM

Not a bad pick either.

Feb 6, 2017, 8:21 PM

Agreed. He isn't the one who gave Clemson a national championship.

Feb 6, 2017, 8:49 PM

You know someone doesn't have a valid argument when they start the "if this didn't happen" and well "if this would have happened." The bottom line, he has 5 SB titles, 5 SB MVP's, 450+ TD's. He just engineered the greatest comeback in SB history. He is the best big game QB in history. The only people who don't think he's the best are either haters or uneducated fans who don't understand the game.

cheater...

Feb 6, 2017, 9:17 PM

can't be the GOAT if you're a cheater.

simple rule....

ask Pete Rose and Mark McGwire.

I think a more valid comparison would be Barry Bonds

Feb 6, 2017, 10:44 PM

or maybe even Arod. Pete Rose didn't even cheat, he just bet on games while he was managing.

Yeah, it was more about a Falcons meltdown than Brady

Feb 6, 2017, 10:51 PM

He was hurrying passes and flat out got lucky that he wasnt picked off at least 2 times (edelman "catch") to put an end to that run he was on.

Despite all that, if Shanahan just runs the ball and kicks the FG with under 3 mins to go, nobody is talking about Brady. It was an epic falcons f up, plain and simple.

Feb 6, 2017, 11:08 PM

Sorry but this sounds a lot like coot logic

Feb 6, 2017, 11:22 PM

Luck comes into play in almost every football game. I think people that try to pass Brady off as luck are just haters. I mean I can understand if he just won one Super Bowl but the dude has 5 and 4 MVP's. I was partial to Brett Favre as the best QB I ever seen in the NFL but there is no debate now. Tom Brady stands alone at #1. Everybody else is just fighting for #2.

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic