Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama Can't Lose
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Alabama Can't Lose

Nov 2, 2018, 9:23 AM

Bama Win vs LSU:
Strength of schedule improves and they are solidified as #1 for eternity.

Bama Loss vs LSU:
Lost to #4 SEC opponent, drops from #1 to #4.
Gets a bye for the SEC title game and rests.
Makes playoff anyway

It's quite the formula really.

Either way Clemson beats Bama for the Natty so who cares...I'm pulling for LSU.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama Can't Lose

Nov 2, 2018, 9:25 AM

I’m pulling for the Geux Tigs too!!

Then hope by some miracle the Allbarn Tigs can do it too!!

???????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2018, 9:28 AM

Yes! All Tigers must win!

Nov 2, 2018, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama Can't Lose ]

It’s “geaux”

An LSU win could put two $EC teams in the CFP...

Nov 2, 2018, 9:36 AM

whereas a loss by LSU loss effectively eliminates them.

Roll Tide !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yes. Are you just now getting this?***

Nov 2, 2018, 10:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Bama (actually) got in last year when Wisconsin

Nov 2, 2018, 10:10 AM

‘fell on it’s face’ in their championship, losing big to a two loss 031O State.

IF the BIG champ ONLY has one loss this year, AND ND can go undefeated, I think Bama may not get the same pass this year.

However, I don’t think that....

..... oh, WTH!?!?! - just effit and effing play the games... and

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Wisc lost by 6, and had the ball at midfield in the last min

Nov 2, 2018, 10:17 AM

The committee seems to be arguing (imo somewhat paradoxically) that a loss in the conf championship game knocks you out of consideration, but a loss that leads to you not getting to the conf championship game does not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That extra game cost Auburn a spot in the CFP last year...

Nov 2, 2018, 10:20 AM

while Bama sat at home campaigning for a spot in the CFP.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

My bad Thom - thanks for the correction!***

Nov 2, 2018, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Wisc lost by 6, and had the ball at midfield in the last min ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 2, 2018, 10:18 AM

I think the best scenario is for Bama to win out until the Natty. Otherwise it just opens the door for two SEC teams in the playoffs. I hate the idea of them again getting a bye like last year.

My hope is for Alabama to be.......

Nov 2, 2018, 10:32 AM

THE greatest team of all time, because that will make it much more sweeter when we kick their A$$ in the National Championship. All their hype is because of the ESPiN machine. This finesse team is going to kick everyone's BUTT starting continuing with the cards.

Go Tigers CRAP on the cards

Re: My hope is for Alabama to be.......

Nov 2, 2018, 6:20 PM

^^This^^

Nov 2, 2018, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama Can't Lose ]

Although I agree it opens the door for 2 SECheat teams in the playoffs. Other things have to happen, ND will not be left out if they go undefeated, Clemson will not be left out if We go Undfeated, IF the B1G and Big 12 champion both have 1 loss and the SECHeat champion has 1 loss then Bama and either B1G or Big 12 champion with 1 loss is sitting this year out. Currently that is what it looks like could happen if Bama loses this weekend. Do I think they will? No, but anything could happen, as far as 3 SECheats making the playoffs as I read some think could happen. I'm hoping your boss doesn't do drug testing because that isn't going to happen unless ND has 2 losses and The B1G and Big 12 champion has more losses than that. Last year Bama got in because Wisconsin couldn't take care of business and OSU lost a head scratcher.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2018, 10:31 AM

Problem is.... Bama is a much harder hitting game for first round. We’d be more likely to sustain injuries .... which would carry over to CG game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Nov 2, 2018, 10:46 AM

My biggest issue with selections will be if Bama loses to LSU. Every other team in America has been subjected to the “who have they played” argument. If Bama loses to LSU, their signature win is TAMU! Unless there are no other 1 loss teams, how do they get in?!

I really am tired of the SEC circle jerk too. NC State is said to not deserve a top 25 spot because they lost to Clemson and Syracuse. Both in the top 20. But TAMU, is one spot ahead of them with 3 losses. Alabama and Clemson, and to an unranked SEC team, and they were totally excused for their 3 losses versus State’s two.

Nov 2, 2018, 10:58 AM

I'm pulling for Alabama this weekend because I don't want two SEC teams in the playoffs. If Bama, ND and our Tigers win out, there is little chance another SEC makes it. It's possible, but unlikely. So Roll Tide this weekend. Our Tigers want to beat "the best team ever." Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Case

Nov 2, 2018, 11:38 AM

LSU wins, then loses to A&M. Bama plays UGA in SECCG and loses. No more Bama.

And the likelihood for that scenario is...?***

Nov 2, 2018, 4:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We got in with a worse loss twice.***

Nov 2, 2018, 11:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2018, 12:02 PM

Anybody can lose!
Why do you think they play the game!

Nov 2, 2018, 1:51 PM

I don't think you read my post.

Nov 2, 2018, 12:12 PM

+1
^^^This
^^^POTD
^^^Gets it

Or another other poast superlative I may have missed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree. I think Bama's playoff chances take a huge hit

Nov 2, 2018, 12:37 PM

if they lose. I still think that 11-1 LSU vs 11-1 UGA in the SECCG = no Bama in playoff.

Re: I disagree. I think Bama's playoff chances take a huge hit

Nov 2, 2018, 1:52 PM

possibility for sure but the love fest for Bama plays a huge part.

How in the world would the committee sell that? If LSU

Nov 2, 2018, 2:48 PM

beats Bama, wins the division, and both have the same 11-1 record (with LSU having played a significantly better schedule), LSU would absolutely be in ahead of Bama at the end of the regular season. If a top 4 Georgia team beats them in the SECCG you can't punish them for playing another elite team and put Bama back ahead of them. There's probably a better argument for Bama over Georgia if Georgia loses to LSU and finishes 11-2, but they would also have a much better resume than Bama, they would just lack the H2H win that LSU would have.

I just don't see how Bama isn't 3rd in the pecking order from the SEC in that scenario. If they lose they better hope LSU or Georgia lose too so both of those teams aren't 11-1 going into the SECCG.

I must disagree - with who we want to win

Nov 2, 2018, 2:19 PM

You are right that Bama is probably in no matter what happens. If they lose they will probably be #4. The only way they wouldn't be #4 is if ND loses AND the Big 10 and Big 12 have conference winners with 2 losses.

That is why I disagree with wanting LSU to win. I would much rather face Alabama for a fair fight - both having played 13 games, same time to prepare, same time to obtain and/or heal injuries.

Alabama was a better team last year no matter what. But it was never a fair fight.

I hope Bama wins

Nov 2, 2018, 4:12 PM

and we get a smooth and uneventful trip to the Orange Bowl before meeting the Tide in California.

Nov 2, 2018, 4:43 PM

Not so fast my friend...

If LSU wins out, along with Clemson, ND (who I think will lose at least one), and Mich...I think Bama gets bumped because of their lousy schedule.

A lot of stars have to align, which I don’t think they will, but if the above happens, Bama should not get in. If they do, the committee must throw out the strength of schedule component.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic