Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remind me why I don't want FSU to get kicked tomorrow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Remind me why I don't want FSU to get kicked tomorrow

Nov 29, 2013, 10:53 AM

Aren't there more reasons that I want them to lose as a Clemson fan than win as an ACC fan?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An FSU loss to a 4-7 UF would kill the ACC.

Nov 29, 2013, 10:55 AM

Don't even play bro.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seeing how i feel about them like I feel about Georgia

Nov 29, 2013, 10:58 AM

which is only an eyelash better than USuCk.....i hope the Gators blast them. I guess I need to be reminded also why I shouldn't want them to lose every time they hit the field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duke fine, but not Florida. ACC would hear about that for

Nov 29, 2013, 10:59 AM

years and years. 11-0 juggernaut FSU that's been blowing out ACC teams by 30-50 pts loses to a horrible Florida team coming off a loss to GSU. Man that would be awful for the league.

I want FSU to beat Florida 70-0. Then Winston can get suspended and they can lose to Duke for all i care.

very good point and very true

Nov 29, 2013, 11:03 AM

but pulling for FSU to me, is like having eye teeth ripped out of my mouth. My feelings about them go back to the early '80's. What clears my conscience is knowing that who we pull for has nothing to do with the result. I know we need FSU to win against them. However, if UF knocks them off it will give me a laugh or two for old times sake.

I hate Ohio St as much or more than FSU so either way

Nov 29, 2013, 11:05 AM

I'm pretty much boned.

trust me, i know the feeling

Nov 29, 2013, 11:16 AM

if we ever stand to benefit from Georgia, FSU, OSU, LSU, Auburn or Texas (not to mention USuCk), it's stomach churning to me. The 4 team playoff isn't a perfect fix for the BCS garbage but at least it's a step in the right direction. At least it will alleviate some of this conference love we have. You have to win all of your games with the BCS or the playoff to be in the NC race, period. FSU blasted us and I want us to get to the Orange Bowl like everyone else. Having said that, if UF knocked them off and ruined their chances at a NC, it couldn't happen to a better bunch as far as i'm concerned. I hate the SEC like everyone else but I don't hate Alabama near as much as USuCk, LSU, and Auburn because it goes too far back in life for me to change because of today's landscape. My feelings for those programs go back to the '70's and '80's and I'm glad a playoff will at least help the situation so we don't have to even think about pulling for an FSU though i'm sure it will come up again. We have to blast them next year to get rid of the taste of that game a few weeks ago.

Laugh it up then

Nov 29, 2013, 11:19 AM [ in reply to very good point and very true ]

because the joke would come back around to us.

Two things.....

Nov 29, 2013, 11:29 AM

1. This is why I love talking to younger fans....you keep us older fans' heads on straight because some of us, if not most of us, detest so many teams going back decades and that dislike causes us to not see, or want to see, the error of our ways. Hell, I detest some ACC teams like VT, GT, MD going back decades and the thought of them ever helping us is irritating to me.
2. So many older fans mellow with time unlike ones like me who are just as fanatic as we were when we were kids. Life, family, kids, nothing has tempered my passion for the Tigers so my feelings towards the FSU's of the world have not evolved into the BCS mindset. Them and Georgia, to me, are in the room with USuCk and it's hard to flush that because of today's computer madness polls, BCS, etc..

-- I'm not beyond needing to be reminded that it's not the '80's anymore where you wanted everyone you played to be blasted all year because you hated all of them and because being undefeated was all that mattered for you to have a chance at the NC. I'm a dinosaur and talking to the youngsters recalibrates my thinking a little. Thanks.

Re: Duke fine, but not Florida. ACC would hear about that for

Nov 29, 2013, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Duke fine, but not Florida. ACC would hear about that for ]

First off, when the ACC falters it makes Clemson look bad. Why do you think the Coots use this "powerful SEC" thing in recruiting? We need a strong ACC to help in recruiting. That should be reason enough right there. Second, we need Fla State to win out and go to the NC. That gives Clemson a good shot at the Orange Bowl even if we lose to the #####. Bottom line: We should be rooting like the devil for Fla State here on out.

Message was edited by: tinker®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes chit happens.

Nov 29, 2013, 10:59 AM

"Florida has the best defense in the country," ESPiN
"SEC is the best conference in the ultraverse." ESPiN

ESPiN has pounded this into the minds and hearts of every football fan in the nation and I'm sick and tired of hearing their bullchit.

Efukinnuf is efukinnuf!

Well that, and the fact that if FSU wins it all we'll make a bundle on them being in the MNC game Clemson will make the OB with a shot at OSU who I hate much more than ESPiN and the SEC. sorryfortherunnon sentence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fsu loss kicks us out of the orange bowl***

Nov 29, 2013, 11:01 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could still end up in Sugar, Fiesta, or Rose. ACC can send 2

Nov 29, 2013, 11:15 AM

teams to BCS with Clemson receiving at-large bid. Not likely but could happen even with FSU loss to UF.

Here's two

Nov 29, 2013, 11:01 AM

If they win...they are in the title game which opens up a slot in the rest of the BCS games for us.
Second...would you prefer our only loss come from a team that looks destined to become the national champion or to a team that lost to a team that lost to Georgia Southern?
Plus as we see with Ohio State, conference strength has become more important. If the ACC doesn't pick it up, we will at least have FSU as a benchmark game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU 63 - SEC 6. Muschamp fired !***

Nov 29, 2013, 11:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remind me why I don't want FSU to get kicked tomorrow

Nov 29, 2013, 11:21 AM

FSU WIN
Positives:
Helps our SOS.
Helps ACC and recruiting.
They go to NC, we go to Orange.
Another ACC win against SEC shuts the coots up for 10 seconds.
FSU actually beats Bama, shuts up all of SEC and ESPN for 10 seconds.

Negatives:
UF fires Muschamp and Chad Morris is a candidate to replace him.

FSU LOSS
Positives:
Satisfaction of FSU losing.

Negatives:
See opposite of "FSU WIN" positives.
See the opposite of above.

I hope they get kicked tomorrow and then destroyed

Nov 29, 2013, 12:11 PM

by Duke in the ACCCG. The only ACC team I want to play for a national title is Clemson. Everyone other ACC team can suck one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

me and you have the same mindset.....

Nov 29, 2013, 12:17 PM

though i totally understand the error of our ways when it comes to SOS and conference respect, etc.. Rooting for FSU is maddening to me. I hate even having this discussion because you actually are made to feel that you're anti-Tigers these days if you feel that way like we do. I'm glad who you pull for has no effect on the game. I detest them and Georgia almost as bad as USuCk.

I can't get into all this conference rah rah crap.

Nov 29, 2013, 12:20 PM

We recruit against teams in our conference. I hope they all lose every game they play*

*unless they're playing the coots

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i agree. there is some truth to it at times but i don't buy

Nov 29, 2013, 12:29 PM

that it has the effect that fans think it does. I suspect that you have some age under you like i do. It is hard to teach an old dog, new tricks. The bottom line is that these days you have to win all of your games to be in line for the NC. Take care of that and it will fall into place. The playoff will alleviate some of this mess. It's not perfect but it will ease some of the "i root for the Chickens to be good" crap or wanting a disgusting program like FSU and Georgia to be good as well. Maybe we're all screwed up man. A perfect year for me is FSU, Georgia, USuCk going 0-11. I could die happy.

Yep, I'm almost 35 and waiting for my

Nov 29, 2013, 12:31 PM

AARP card in the mail ;)

got you by 10 years and i get amused by the younger crew

Nov 29, 2013, 12:39 PM

when they rail on me about SOS, conference, etc. and i KNOW what they say makes sense but i'm too stubborn to care. I have a Clemson fan in my unit who is a young Sgt...about 24 years old and from Seneca. This kid could almost give you the computer design of the BCS from top to bottom, SOS, etc....i let him rant and rave to me then i shut him down with things like, "Sgt McGee, I hope FSU, USuCk, and Georgia lose their scrimmage games" and he starts ranting and raving, etc.. Then i remind him that he was in his mama's stomach when I was watching us beat OU in the Citrus Bowl, etc....and then he rants some more.

$100 says Sgt McGee also woohoos!

Nov 29, 2013, 12:48 PM

Truth is, even in a crappy conference, if you schedule good OOC games and win them all, you can play for the NC.

he probably does...lol....i totally agree. Keep the Georgia

Nov 29, 2013, 1:20 PM

game or Auburn, etc., win out, beat the coots, you'll be in the equation. Get beat by FSU or coots, you're out of the equation. There will be years where it doesn't shake out right but that's what you have to do to even be IN the equation.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic