Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Dabo Swinney named AP Coach of the Year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,898

FB Update: Dabo Swinney named AP Coach of the Year

Dec 21, 2015, 2:24 PM

Dabo Swinney named AP Coach of the Year

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well deserved, glad he's our coach.

Dec 21, 2015, 2:28 PM

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a single vote for Larry Fedora !***

Dec 21, 2015, 2:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Dabo Swinney named AP Coach of the Year

Dec 21, 2015, 2:29 PM

:) :) :)

Great job Coach and Team!

Dec 21, 2015, 2:31 PM

It is well known, that at this level it is not so much of who you are as it is who you surround yourself with. CDS has proven he has an eye for talent and character, not only on his staff but also with his players. Great team award, stay hungry and humble!

Re: Great job Coach and Team!

Dec 21, 2015, 2:39 PM

Agree 100%.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many Coach of the year awards it that this season

Dec 21, 2015, 2:32 PM

I've lost count.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Very Well Deserved!

Dec 21, 2015, 2:38 PM

Nobody does it better!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, isn't he a cheerleader . . .

Dec 21, 2015, 2:41 PM

"What they say now?!?!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then he's one with a LOT of votes!***

Dec 21, 2015, 2:42 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Among other things he's a cheerleader.

Dec 21, 2015, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Wait, isn't he a cheerleader . . . ]

I try and focus on him abilities in order of importance to the program. I'd start with his character on which everything else rest. Backwoods as it sounds I'm satisfied he's a Christian. Enough that I'd loan him money but if he asked I'd probably give it to him.

Second on the list is interpersonal relationship and communication. The man is a genius when it comes to expressing himself with our language. He's so subtle that most believe he's just luck when it comes time to examine what he's said. He basically told Finebaum to shove Bama and Paul was so beside himself he could barely respond. Look up diplomatic in the dictionary if you need to see Dabo's photo, he's the definition.

He's also a fairly good recruiter, coach and manager.

He has a fault, he's still learning to control emotions. At first he scuked but he's getting pretty good now. Don't tell him I said that. I don't want him getting the big head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there another coach that undefeated?

Dec 21, 2015, 2:46 PM

This should be automatic! Congrats coach.
GO TIGERS!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And good job recruiting DW4, bc one doesn't happen w/o the

Dec 21, 2015, 2:54 PM

other.. That's why having a good coach who dislikes recruiting..is never sustainable. But then again, having a proven bad coach who is perceived to be able to recruit and has shown that it doesn't matter (i.e. shingle school in a down SEC EAST left in shambles...) is a whole other thing that you never want to be apart of...

Who in #### won AP coach of year in 1981, if Danny didn't?

Dec 21, 2015, 2:56 PM

The article says this is the first time a Clemson coach has won this award. I can't believe Ford didn't win it in 81, after taking the team from unranked to undefeated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To answer my own question, the award was 1st presented in 1998

Dec 21, 2015, 3:01 PM

I thought for sure AP would have been doing it longer than that!

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does Dabo get for all these awards?

Dec 21, 2015, 2:58 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if a big award like this has some incentive in his contract, but ACC COY and some of the others - are they just a trophy/plaque or something like that or do they have their own financial rewards, etc?

I know the ACC Championship, playoff berth, etc are all covered in his contract, but was curious about the awards like this and others that aren't quite as prominent.

Dec 21, 2015, 3:13 PM

Congratulations to Coach Sweeney ! Thanks to the Players and Staff, because without them, there would be no award. Better double the size of the Trophy and Award Room in new building, the hardware is starting to add up ! Keep up the good work Coach. GO TIGERS!!!

Here are his potential salary bonuses......

Dec 21, 2015, 3:17 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2015/11/28/clemson-coach-dabo-swinney-potential-salary-bonuses/76505886/?scrlybrkr=79f549e8

Now that Clemson's football team has completed an undefeated regular season, it can begin looking toward even bigger prizes.

So can Tigers coach Dabo Swinney.

With a victory against North Carolina in next Saturday's Atlantic Coast Conference championship game alone, Swinney will get $500,000 in one-time performance bonuses this season and add another $300,000 to the value of the six years remaining on his contract, according to the terms of his agreement.

Swinney's overall basic compensation from the school for this season is $3.3 million. It already was scheduled to increase by $150,000, beginning Jan. 1.

USA TODAY
Watson's 4 TDs lead No. 1 Clemson to 37-32 victory

However, if the Tigers (12-0 overall, 8-0 ACC) win the conference title game, Swinney's basic compensation will go up by an additional $50,000 per year.

In addition, because the team's most recently calculated NCAA Academic Progress Rate is at least 950 — 20 points above the minimum to avoid NCAA sanctions — he is eligible to be paid a variety of one-time bonuses for this season.

He already has picked up a $50,000 bonus for the Tigers' advance to the ACC title game as the conference's Atlantic Division champion.

If they win the game, he gets another $100,000 for that accomplishment.

SALARIES:College football coaches database

Then, there is the additional bonus he can get based on the team's bowl game.

Because of Clemson's standing as the No. 1 team in the College Football Playoff rankings, a victory next week over North Carolina (10-1 entering its game Saturday against North Carolina State) is all but certain to mean they would be among the four teams placed in the CFP semifinals. That accomplishment would result in a $400,000, one-time bonus for Swinney.

Swinney would be able to add another $400,000 for reaching the CFP national title game and $100,000 for winning the championship.

Including money Swinney can get for ACC and national coach-of-the-year awards, his overall maximum bonus payout for this season is $1.125 million.

The possible coach of the year awards and bonuses are $25,000 for ACC COY and $50,000 for national COY by the AFCA or the Bear Bryant Award.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

way to go, coach swinney!!!***

Dec 21, 2015, 3:54 PM

Dec 21, 2015, 10:44 PM

Darling Nicky isn't gonna grind to this news .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,898
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic