Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: It Takes a Village: Clemson recruiting all about family
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: It Takes a Village: Clemson recruiting all about family

Feb 11, 2018, 8:01 AM

It Takes a Village: Clemson recruiting all about family

It takes a village to raise a child, it takes a village to run a college football team and it takes a village to recruit at the highest level. That was the message espoused by recruiting coordinator Brandon Streeter during his National Signing Day press conference last Wednesday. The Tigers reeled in the nation’s fifth-ranked recruiting class – according to ESPN – and were a consensus Top 10 by most media outlets despite signing just 17 recruits. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: It Takes a Village: Clemson recruiting all about family

Feb 11, 2018, 8:46 AM

It does take a village. This was a great piece by Coach Streeter. As Tiger fans we see orange but we need to remember that all the schools Clemson recruits and plays against is a great school in their own right. Without a lot of village people doing the unseen work, (clerical, logistics, etc), those recruiting successes would not be. Great job all.

Feb 11, 2018, 8:50 AM

Certainly the village motif is apt, but the "moving parts" behind the scene is like the rest of the iceberg no one sees but are instrumental to the success. Like the university leadership, academics, IPTAY, and the fans to name a few, but they number in the tens of thousands to help make all the stuff work so well on each game day so the recruitment process begins anew for future Tigers. Well done TEAM.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2018, 9:01 AM

Did he thank Newspring, asking for a friend??

Feb 11, 2018, 9:20 AM

That was funny........2 years ago.

Feb 11, 2018, 9:47 AM

Where did you get those boots...?***

Feb 11, 2018, 10:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is not the kind of village that is written about, they

Feb 11, 2018, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: It Takes a Village: Clemson recruiting all about family ]

are all gays looking to "recruit" young guys from the ymca!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So does this mean that David and Brandon

Feb 11, 2018, 10:09 AM

and the entire football staff and all of Tigernet are saying that Hillary was right all along?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spare us from the Hillary Clinton terminology.

Feb 11, 2018, 10:37 AM

Optimally, it takes two responsible parents to raise a child. We have too many folks relying on “the village” these days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the record

Feb 11, 2018, 11:24 AM

I agree with you. I am also pretty sure the “village” Hillary was talking about and the “village” Brandon is talking about are two entirely different villages. Just thought it was an interesting tag line for the article.

Our staff is second to none, and as I’ve said before, Brandon is a big asset and important part of the process of coaching and caring for these young men.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For the record

Feb 11, 2018, 12:47 PM

When you want the best for a college sports program, just hire the people that has long loved the program when they were an athlete with that program!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why read politics into everything?

Feb 11, 2018, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Spare us from the Hillary Clinton terminology. ]

People can use a statement or terminology without it having any political connotations.

As Streeter pointed out, it takes a team of support for this operation to work. Success isn’t defined or created solely by 1 person.

Hillary has a similar concept in that others are also involved in the success of our children. Teachers, church leaders, coaches, relatives, etc. I don’t see how this is a bad thing, but if you hate Hilary, apparently everything she says is wrong too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

America spoke.

Feb 12, 2018, 2:50 AM

Enough hated her to elect her to the speaking engagement circuit, instead of passing out on the oval office desk.

Why is that so hard for you to deal with?

-Teska

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: America spoke.

Feb 12, 2018, 7:16 AM

The election is long over. I’ve already moved on. Why haven’t you?

Why are people still obsessed with Hillary or reading politics into every statement? Focus should be on current prez policies.

Yes, the electoral college was a victory for Trump. Don’t forget who had the most # of votes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2018, 3:29 PM

Don't be a Coot. Yardage doesn't equal victory either...oh wait the Coots didn't win that either!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2018, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: America spoke. ]

She had the majority of the votes only because of huge majorities in an off-the wall state like California. I mean did she slso carry the moon as well? Putkin could carry California.

Feb 12, 2018, 5:03 PM [ in reply to America spoke. ]

I'VE dealt with it. Voted for Trump. No problem.

Feb 11, 2018, 12:37 PM

It is amazingly unbelievable how far our Clemson FB program has come in the short time that Dabo became our HC. It seems like every time we log into T-Net, there is something about Clemson FB now being #1 in. Clemson is now one of 2 or maybe 3 teams to beat that lets other programs know that they are headed in the right direction. Who would have ever thought they would ever witness the transformation that has become our Clemson Tiger FB program!!!

Laying it on a little thick now aren't we?***

Feb 11, 2018, 12:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2018, 1:39 PM

Brandon Streeter must be With Her quoting Hillary Clinton.

Feb 11, 2018, 3:16 PM

I doubt very seriously that Killary is the only one who has ever used that phrase. I also doubt very seriously that he is a Hillary supporter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic