Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can Tnet get any more absurd?....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

Can Tnet get any more absurd?....

Nov 6, 2013, 2:34 PM

We already having people conceding a loss to the coots. And saying the coots are better at every position. Only position they are better is starting RB. There oline is playing better than ours, but they have had an extremely schedule, and they still aren't that good. You have to be a fool to think Shaw is anywhere close to Boyd. We have the better defense, Better QB, Better WR's . Heck our 3rd string QB is better than Shaw. Only thing they have over us is an elite starting RB, and a slightly better oline.
To all you quitters get a pair of cajones

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Connor Shaw has never lost a game at Williams Brice...

Nov 6, 2013, 2:36 PM

That's very impressive. I'm not saying he's better than Boyd, but that's a pretty cool stat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and Boyd has never played a good game against SC...

Nov 6, 2013, 2:39 PM

Yea, he's a better QB with a better chance in the pros, but not so far in this game.

I love when I hear a stat like that. Seems like every time

Nov 6, 2013, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Connor Shaw has never lost a game at Williams Brice... ]

you do, it comes crashing down. Hopefully with Tajh and Sammy causing it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

They've played 1 ranked team at home in those 2 years

Nov 6, 2013, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Connor Shaw has never lost a game at Williams Brice... ]

and he's been banged up in a number of them and didn't start.

Re: They've played 1 ranked team at home in those 2 years

Nov 6, 2013, 3:29 PM

They've played more than one ranked team at home in the last 2 years. Lets at least use facts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look it up

Nov 6, 2013, 4:06 PM

UGA at home last year was the only 1.

I'll even do the work for you....
2012 http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2579/year/2012/south-carolina-gamecocks

2013 http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2579/south-carolina-gamecocks

Re: Look it up

Nov 6, 2013, 4:14 PM

they played us in 2011 and we were ranked so there's 2 right there off the top of my head...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm assuming he meant last 2 SEASONS not YEARS

Nov 6, 2013, 4:27 PM

excluding the 2011 season

Re: I'm assuming he meant last 2 SEASONS not YEARS

Nov 6, 2013, 4:35 PM

The post he replied to said that Connor Shaw was undefeated in Williams Brice. And he said "in that 2 years" so no...

Well then in 3 years, they have beat 2 ranked teams at home

Nov 6, 2013, 5:25 PM

still not that impressive

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Garcia was the primary starter in 11

Nov 6, 2013, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Look it up ]

Don't remember if shaw played in that game or not.

Re: Garcia was the primary starter in 11

Nov 7, 2013, 8:36 AM

Garcia left the team after the Auburn game in 2011.

And LSU had never lost to an ACC foe in the Peach Bowl...

Nov 6, 2013, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Connor Shaw has never lost a game at Williams Brice... ]

Records and streaks are made to be broken!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can Tnet get any more absurd?....

Nov 6, 2013, 2:50 PM

There is a distinction between being a "quitter" and "being realistic."

Absurd? What, exactly, is absurd to you?

Nov 6, 2013, 2:53 PM

We haven't beaten the coots since 2008. That is a long time. In most peoples' opinion, we're not as good as we were last year and we play them on the road.

How is it absurd to think we'll lose that game? I'll tell you this much: We won't be favored.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Asking if Tnet can get any more "absurd" is

Nov 6, 2013, 2:53 PM

asking a question with a very high ceiling.

There were so many people with a young teenager (and not necessarily reflected in their age) approach to the initial high ranking and defeat of UGa that simply got carried away with their own enthusiasm and lack of intelligent maturity. They all got WAAAAAY too carried away with talk of national championships months ahead of time and like irresponsible teenagers began acting like children when candy (the nc) was withheld.......the ONLY time to start talking about national championships---especially for Clemson fans---would've been after the ACC Championship game and full confirmation the Tigers were headed for the big game.

In a way, I'm sort of glad the Tigers now have a loss and danged little chance of making a run at the nc game if only to stop reading ridiculous posts by folks who were either 13 or acting that way. Now, the disappointment of that horrendous FlaSt game is finally beginning to wane a bit and the outlook for the Tigers is becoming a bit more realistic:

1) First and foremost, beating the chickens about the head and shoulders and making it hurt.

2) Getting an invite (&win) to a BCS Bowl game and finishing in the Top 10 to keep the recruiting momentum going

3) Did I mention destroying the chickens in front of their home crowd as we've done SOOO many times in the past???

JMO

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen to Tigrjm76 !!!***

Nov 6, 2013, 3:25 PM

They've put a BEATDOWN on us 4 straight years........

Nov 6, 2013, 2:54 PM

regardless of:
-who's better at what position
-who's schedule was easier
-who's playing good or bad at the time
-who's playing Quarterback
-who's better "on paper"

from 2009 through 2012 the above topics have been in favor of clemson some years and in favor of south carolina some years and regardless they've beaten our face in 4 straight times.

you can give me ALL the facts, stats, etc... that clemson's going to win this game and it won't give me any more confidence that we're going to win.......hopefully we do, but until I see clemson players & coaches take this game as serious as the fans do and not choke under the "beat carolina pressure" I can't have that confidence that I used to back in the day where we owned South Carolina

excuse me but we still own them. always have, always will

Nov 6, 2013, 3:47 PM

They are excited about 4 in a row. Let me know when it gets to 20 and the series becomes close

Then you have a rivalry

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that makes you feel better......

Nov 6, 2013, 3:51 PM

all I care about regarding the rivalry is the current streak they've got going............that needs to end

I never felt bad to begin with

Nov 6, 2013, 4:13 PM

The end

Would you trade the last 4 years for the first 100+ ?

Didnt think so

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

like i said regarding this rivalry.....all i care about.....

Nov 6, 2013, 4:18 PM

is their current streak

what happened with this rivalry in 1927 means nothing to me

Re: I never felt bad to begin with

Nov 6, 2013, 4:18 PM [ in reply to I never felt bad to begin with ]

of course he wouldn't....but the 100+ years doesn't make up for continuing to lose to them and never will until we beat them.

that's in the past, it's 2013 not 2009-2012….

Nov 6, 2013, 5:43 PM [ in reply to They've put a BEATDOWN on us 4 straight years........ ]

and the coots are nowhere near as good as the 2011 and 2012 seasons.

Nov 6, 2013, 2:55 PM

oh yeah it cam get much more absurd. I just read on here a few days ago a post that said they were convinced our coaches lost the fsu game on purpose because they knew the winner even if undefeated would not go to the nc and they didn't want to be in that position. so yes there are many more absurd people out there than those who think usuck is better or will win.

Nov 6, 2013, 3:06 PM

> We already having people conceding a loss to the
> coots. And saying the coots are better at every
> position. Only position they are better is starting
> RB. There oline is playing better than ours, but they
> have had an extremely schedule, and they still aren't
> that good. You have to be a fool to think Shaw is
> s anywhere close to Boyd. We have the better defense,
> Better QB, Better WR's . Heck our 3rd string QB is
> better than Shaw. Only thing they have over us is an
> elite starting RB, and a slightly better oline.
> To all you quitters get a pair of cajones

Please enlighten me how SC's schedule is so much easier than CU's. How many wins does Clemson have over teams that are currently ranked. Cu's OL couldn't even move the LOS against Maryland...LOL. And Connor doesn't crumble when pressured like Tajh does either.

let's be rational here.........

Nov 6, 2013, 3:18 PM

I agree w/ most everything you said

I disagree w/ the above poster in saying South carolina has had an "extremely easy" schedule WITHOUT mentioning the fact that our schedule is, IMO, very comparable to South Carolina

now I'm hoping you're not saying that south carolina had a "gauntlet" of a schedule b/c you didn't

i would assume we'd both agree that when clemson & carolina played UGA, UGA was a good team

so I'd say both teams had/have a 3 games schedule and BOTH schedules are fairly simple, especially prior to the rivalry game.........so far we are both 1-1 vs the "real teams"

clemson- UGA,FSU,@USC
USC- @UGA,@Mizzou,Clemson

Well FSU would beat the poop out of Mizzou, but

Nov 6, 2013, 3:25 PM

i do think the schedules have been fairly even.

maybe, but the fact remains that.......

BOTH teams play 3 "real teams"

BOTH teams are 1-1 vs "real teams" to date

and as usual none of that will mean a thing after november 30th

Re: maybe, but the fact remains that.......

Nov 6, 2013, 3:32 PM

We're 7-0 vs non-real teams and they are 6-1...

Just throwing that out there....

yep, my original point however was to compare......

Nov 6, 2013, 3:36 PM

the "STRENGTH" of schedule b/w the 2 teams

neither team will be judged on whether they win or lose to the likes of Tennessee or Georgia Tech..........it's who won when they faced each other.

Re: maybe, but the fact remains that.......

Nov 6, 2013, 3:33 PM [ in reply to maybe, but the fact remains that....... ]

I can agree with those three statements. I do think that UCF is as tough as anyone that CU has played outside of UGa or FSU... so far.

I agree with that....

Nov 6, 2013, 3:41 PM

but you and I both know, while UCF is a solid team, they like Louisville aren't on a "national level".......even when Louisville was undefeated they were never considered a national title contender b/c the pathetic conference they played in.

just as if clemson/USC played the schedule of UCF they'd still be considered "2nd tier" even with a good record

you agree with coots more than you do tiger fans***

Nov 6, 2013, 5:48 PM

and they are 6-1 against the nobodies...

Nov 7, 2013, 9:06 AM [ in reply to let's be rational here......... ]

We are 7-0! Not that it matters when we play them, but it is the reason that only one of us is ranked in the top 10.

and they are 6-1 against the nobodies...

Nov 7, 2013, 9:08 AM [ in reply to let's be rational here......... ]

We are 7-0! Not that it matters when we play them, but it is the reason that only one of us is ranked in the top 10.

Your Oline couldn't move UT's sorry defense….

Nov 6, 2013, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Can Tnet get any more absurd?.... ]

even with our oline playing terrible we still have scored 40 and 59 points in the past two games. If your coots oline played that terrible you would be blown out. Seen Connor Shaw throw plenty of interceptions and terrible passes under pressure. Connor Shaw plays terrible under pressure. Tajh plays good under pressure. Take a look at the 2011 season, the LSU game, and this whole season, and Tajh has played wonderful behind a bad oline. If Connor Shaw took the hits Tajh has had to take this season, he would have a broken neck.

Re: Your Oline couldn't move UT's sorry defense….

Nov 7, 2013, 8:35 AM

That's funny because Connor threw his first INT of the season against Mizzou. While they did have a bad game against UT, they have still cleared the way for 1,000 yard rusher with 3 games left in the regular season. I know what I see out of Tajh when he gets pressured and it's not poise. Check the first half of the NC State game, three quarters of the BC game and all of the FSU game. Once Connors knee heals you'll see why he gets sacked less than most out there because you have to respect his running ability. And please don't talk about SC having a weak schedule and then use the fact that you scored late on a beat up Maryland team and run up the score on a very weak UVa as evidence.

I say we beat the coots!

Gooooooooo Tigerssssssssssss

If you think it's absurd now, just wait till the coots beat

Nov 6, 2013, 3:35 PM

the #### out of us on Nov 30!

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

there will be nothing absurd about losing 5 straight........

Nov 6, 2013, 3:43 PM

ANY and ALL criticisms toward the team and/or coaching staff will be warranted and deserved.

If by absurd, you mean:

Nov 6, 2013, 3:57 PM

preposterous, ridiculous, ludicrous, farcical, laughable, risible, idiotic, stupid, foolish, silly, inane, imbecilic, insane, harebrained, and cockamamie?

Then I would say, yes, yes indeed it can. It's gotten close already a couple of times this season...

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

<--------To the Lounge

Nov 6, 2013, 4:02 PM

this was the main topic of discussion today:
http://wittyandpretty.com/2013/11/01/the-16-worst-types-of-selfies/

Shaw is very good but I give Boyd a slight edge. It'd

Nov 6, 2013, 4:29 PM

be interesting to see Shaw with Nuk and Sammy though.

Shaw is tons better than Stoudt or Kelly right now.

I'd give us a slight edge at QB, give them the edge at TE, give them the edge at RB, have OL even, our WRs have a slight edge because of Sammy but their WRs made plays last year, ours didn't. On D, I'd rate the DLs even, give us the edge at LB, and give them the edge at DB.

Also, I think Bruce Ellington is very underrated and has killed us the last two years.

I think the game is a hard one to call but because of our improved D, I think we win a close one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way our o-line is even with theirs.***

Nov 6, 2013, 5:51 PM

Their oline isn't that good. Ours hasn't played good at all

Nov 6, 2013, 5:53 PM

but their oline hasn't fared much better.

Re: Their oline isn't that good. Ours hasn't played good at all

Nov 7, 2013, 8:39 AM

1,000 yard rusher in 9 games...

Stoudt and Kelly are 1000 times more talented than Shaw...

Nov 6, 2013, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Shaw is very good but I give Boyd a slight edge. It'd ]

We have a huge edge at QB. Huge edge at WR. SCU's WR's have been terrible. SCU still hasn't established a number 1 receiver. Our back up WR's are better than their starters. Have you been watching SCU at all this season? Bruce Ellington, has dropped off big time in his production since Ace Sanders is no longer there. Also, our DL is playing much better than theirs. Our DB's are also play much better than theirs. It seems like your going off of last season's coot team in your assessment.

Nov 6, 2013, 4:52 PM

Of course it means nothing to you pheebo you're a coot. You'll be gone soon

Nov 6, 2013, 4:56 PM

Pheebo is not a coot. Now you're being absurd...

Is this a trick question...... cummmmonnnnnnnnnnnn!***

Nov 6, 2013, 5:02 PM

Nov 6, 2013, 5:05 PM

He sure does take up for them a lot Maybe he's seven or drinking buddies with slurrier

Nov 6, 2013, 5:06 PM

He's one of the few on here saying that beating them should be our main priority....how in even coot logic is that taking up for them? You're just upset because he's not always rainbows and sunshine....He's far from a coot and I agree with him more often than not...

Nov 6, 2013, 5:09 PM

Dang I didn't know he was your little brother or butt buddy excuse me for calling him a coot but hey you might have a few feathers yourself

Nov 7, 2013, 8:40 AM

No, just don't like folks like you who throw around "coot" with no validity. It's like people who use the race card every chance they get. How's about trying to actually have a conversation and listen to what someone might be saying (even if you don't agree) instead of immediately calling them a coot as soon as they say something you don't like? You might find that you'll have a much less stressful day.

Nov 7, 2013, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Can Tnet get any more absurd?.... ]

Yeah...because wanting to BEAT THE COOTS is SOOOOOOO Cootish.

Armsb, do you and the people like you honestly listen to yourselves sometimes? When you refer to butt buddies and call people Coots just because they don't make you feel all warm and fuzzy about Clemson football, you sound stupid. Not ignorant or misguided. Just stupid.

People who throw that "Coot" crap around like it's the Salem Witch Trials are the Clemson fanbase's equivalent of the Gamecock fan with the mullet and trucker hat.

It's a supremely low brow form of discourse that I would think a Clemson man would oppose.

I asked that question years ago.

Nov 7, 2013, 8:38 AM

Yes, it can and it did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this a rhetorical question?

Nov 7, 2013, 8:59 AM

Cause you know good and #### well it can .... And most likely will at some point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic