Topic: TNET: Former Clemson standout announces retirement
Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 18, 2018 2:02 PM by: T_I_P
[ Tiger Boards - Pros & Other ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

TNET: Former Clemson standout announces retirement

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 10:28 AM

Former Clemson standout announces retirement

CLEMSON, S.C. – Former Clemson great Oguchi Onyewu has elected to retire from soccer, as he announced via social media on Tuesday. Onyewu made quite the impact Read Update »

One of the best soccer players I've personally seen

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 10:40 AM

Congrats to Gooch on a great career and I hope that he will accomplish many things in his post-playing days.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: TNET: Former Clemson standout announces retirement

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 11:15 AM

Still think his "staredown" of Mexico's Borgetti was one of the greatest moments in American soccer...definitely a sign that we weren't going to take their crap anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr6AS5BFwFQ

He also got into a massive training-camp brawl with Zlatan Ibrahimovic...one of the most intimidating, skilled, HUGE - and egomaniacal - soccer players of all time. (Zlatan is also a martial-arts expert.) Actually The Zlatan is plying his trade in MLS this year with LA Galaxy, scoring ridiculous goals as only The Zlatan can do. Like this one just this past weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEPksMYfDF0

Gooch broke his ribs in that fight...which was apparently so savage the rest of the players - most of whom were half the size of the combatants - were afraid to intervene.

Dude had himself some moments. He also tore up his knee preserving a result for the USA in 2009 against Costa Rica that put us at the top of the qualifying group for the World Cup, and was never really the same afterward.

Re: TNET: Former Clemson standout announces retirement

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 12:18 PM

What a great rep for the Clemson family !
He's from the same hometown ( Olney , MD ) as Dorian O'Daniel if not mistaken ... so that's a nice tidbit .

2019 white level member

DB23

Gooooooch!!! A Clemson LEGEND.

[1]
Posted: Sep 18, 2018 12:54 PM

Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Amen. Yelled Goooooch many a time at Riggs. A physical freak

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 1:33 PM

One of my earliest favorite clemson athletes

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 2:02 PM

In any spot

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 8 tickets in sec UE asking 1600;each, half down for deposit and balance due in August when tickets c...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Pros & Other ]
Start New Topic
889 people have read this post