Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DimWitch Comment shows ESPN bias to the utmost.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,489

DimWitch Comment shows ESPN bias to the utmost.

Sep 17, 2015, 1:55 PM

Heather says..."The ACC can't afford to lose this game"

Seriously? I guess the SEC gets a HUGE win when UGA beats SC this weekend. What the what?

When Clemson wins big tonight they'll say UL stinks and Clemson gains nothing for a prime time road win vs a division foe.

I'm so sick of being forced to watch games on ESPN.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DimWitch Comment shows ESPN bias to the utmost.

Sep 17, 2015, 1:56 PM

Just watch the skycam video

Oh they will hop on the winning wagon just like with

Sep 17, 2015, 2:00 PM

Ohio St. When they HAVE to hop on ours, I say we tell em to go scwew themselves. Begging for Fox Sports to compete in the biz. Beyond insane right now

Amen! Sick of it myself!***

Sep 17, 2015, 2:01 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All In, All The Time...1314797352813

Re: Amen! Sick of it myself!***

Sep 17, 2015, 2:07 PM

If Clemson were in the SEC the very first words out of Jesse "will you accept the rose" Palmers mouth would be this team has the most speed out of any SEC team they are the fastest team in the country there are players every where they are a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER. That is a fact. Instead palmer will say tonight they are about the 3rd best team in the acc speed is pretty good everywhere and they will make something like the sun bowl.

Re: Amen! Sick of it myself!***

Sep 17, 2015, 2:11 PM

Jesse Palmer is a goof and a washed up never was. I could give two @@@ts about his opinion in my book. He is a TV celebrity and he can't get even get @@@d so how the @@@l can anyone take what he says seriously.

More truth!

Sep 17, 2015, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Amen! Sick of it myself!*** ]

I'd love to slap the sh*t right outta Palmer's mouth. Hate him almost as much as Slurrier and Spitter(Holtz).

You know he saved Fowler by giving him the Heimlich. Herbie

Sep 17, 2015, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Amen! Sick of it myself!*** ]

also was asked but has repeatedly said no to Palmer

Sep 17, 2015, 2:06 PM

A few years ago they were taking how crappy the big 12'was now ESPN is drinking the Buckeyes and Spartans koolaid. But the bias against the acc has always been evident. It makes me want to throw up in my mouth when they mention the sec. By the way the other day this sec "Stan" was telling me the reason the sec had a losing rec

Sep 17, 2015, 2:08 PM

This sec Stan at work said the reason the teams struggled in last years bowl games were that they got beat up from conference play. What a crock of horse @@@t!!

Sep 17, 2015, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: DimWitch Comment shows ESPN bias to the utmost. ]

Think you mean big 10?

Sep 17, 2015, 2:08 PM

Link for context?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Sep 17, 2015, 3:12 PM

Listen to her near the end of her ramble.

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/WATCH-ESPN-Analysts-pick-Clemson-Louisville-20384?ref=front

Sep 17, 2015, 2:13 PM

Is there a way that an ACC team will not lose?

Shut up Heather and bring me my #### sammich!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei.

Sep 17, 2015, 3:14 PM

That was my point. How about all the SEC speed Chad Kelly gained when he crossed over to Ole Miss.

Heer's how I sees it!

Sep 17, 2015, 2:14 PM

ESPiN set this game up. They've ignored Clemson and focused on those they want in the playoff.

They ascrewed the apooch this time. Everybody will see the ACC's (1) finest and have UL's performance against Clemson compared to UL's performance against Auburn. That's not going to fare well when AU makes a showing of itself against other over rated SEC teams.

No matter. Every NCAA football fan in the country will watch this game or record it to watch later.

Footnote

1. As if I give a flying #### fart about he ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I spit my tea everywhere! LOL!!

Sep 17, 2015, 2:17 PM

A flying #### fart....new one. LOL!

Lest We Not Forget....Heather is a Big 10 Mouth-Breather

Sep 17, 2015, 3:28 PM

Who really needs to get back to makin me a Sammich

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lest We Not Forget....Heather is a Big 10 Mouth-Breather

Sep 17, 2015, 4:31 PM

Just putting this out there...

...but the ACC needs to restore some credibility to itself...starting with Clemson.

Other than, sorry, FSU, and Clemson, who has done anything that amounted to anything nationally lately?

Clemson won a national title in 1980. We've been very good - not quite elite - the last four years. VT played for a national title in 2000...against FSU, who won. VT also didn't join the ACC until 2004, where they've steadily crept back into mediocrity the last decade. Louisville did win the Orange Bowl a couple years back...against FSU. While they were still a member of the Big East, then everybody's favorite whipping-boy conference. Georgia Tech has been in and out, mostly out, the last 20 years and while PJ has them going well right now he's usually good for 7-5 or 8-4 at best. Their Top-10 finish last year was by a bunch their best in recent memory. And Miami pretty much ended when Butch Jones left town and they tore down the Orange Bowl...they've been a shell of what they were ever since.

That's it. That's all the glory the ACC has won, since 2000.

Other than that, I don't see a lot of programs exactly tearing it up, or a lot of programs with any kind of national relevance or even interested fan bases.

NC State has been AWOL since Chuck Amato, Phillip Rivers, and his wife and kid played there...and they weren't all that great even then. UVA is terrible. UNC has been wretched and every time they look like they're going to be relevant again they remind you why they wear Baby Blue. BC is BC...they're OK, but they're also a cash-capped private-college program that won't spend even a million bucks on an HC and plays, like, 6th fiddle to the major pro sports in their own town. Wake Forest, Syracuse, and Pitt seem to be in some sort of contest to be the Least Relevant Power 5 Football Program. Duke, of all teams, seems to have gotten half-decent adopting the same approach as Northwestern and Stanford - recruit nationally, focusing on future brain surgeons and rocket scientists who also happen to be great athletes. But when Duke is winning (or almost winning) the Coastal, your division has Issues.

If the ACC gets a lot of bad-mouthing, it's because the ACC, while it has churned out a pile of NFL players the last 20 years that surprisingly is second only to the SEC, just hasn't been winning a lot of games against other conferences. At one point the ACC had won like 1 of 13 BCS bowl games.

It invites ridicule, especially since the Big East officially hung it up and went mid-major, becoming the AAC.

FSU established two years ago you can still win a national title from the ACC. If Clemson does it over the next couple years, sure, it'll help the perception of the ACC - a bit - but honestly, it really isn't Clemson or FSU not doing their part, it's the rest of those palookas who are dragging the perception of the conference down.

The conference as a whole just hasn't been very good. Contrast that with an SEC that won seven straight national titles and has 10-11 programs that put 80K in the stands every week, and yeah, there's a reason there's "SEC bias".

Just my .02 worth. Does it annoy me that the SEC gets the benefit of the doubt and it seems merely playing in the SEC West is good for a 10-spot (minimum) bump in the polls? Yup. But the ACC - especially someone other than FSU - needs to do something relevant if we want Heather Sammich to shut her yap. Just saying.

solid***

Sep 17, 2015, 6:06 PM

G

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd agree if we had 8 teams in the Top 25, but we don't***

Sep 17, 2015, 5:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I despise ESPN. It's like when Chad Kelly

Sep 17, 2015, 6:09 PM

is bar fighting and acting like a D - bag, he's "Former Clemson QB Chad Kelly."

When he helps Ole P!ss beat up on The Jenny Craig Jr. College of Nutrition and Cosmetology by 70 points, all of a sudden he's "Ole P!ss gunslinger Chad Kelly."

When he gets in trouble in Oxford....and it WILL happen, he'll be called "Former Clemson QB Chad Kelly" again.

The anti- ACC and anti Clemson bias is sickening.

first rule of journalism is to be unbiased

Sep 17, 2015, 6:13 PM

ESPN is a joke in that regard

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,489
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic