Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday Sermon: A time to talk, a time to act
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 4,435

Sunday Sermon: A time to talk, a time to act

Nov 23, 2014, 7:06 PM

We'll start with some words from the Apostle James: " What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?"

Now some words from Satan: "We aren't LSU and we aren't Alabama. But we sure ain't Clemson."

And now for some words from ... no. No words. We're past talking.

I'm weary of words. And, no doubt, so are you. The time for words is past. The time has arrived to make the words reality.

Hard, bloody soul-cleansing reality.

Seniors, this is your last chance to set the world right, to catch feathers and beaks and blood in your teeth and spit them into the turf of the Valley.

You younger guys, ask the seniors what it means to have to deal with this day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day... or better yet, look at how they prepare for this.

They d@mn sure better be getting ready to lay the a$$-whupping of a lifetime on these guys, because that's what it is going to take to set the world right.

You want this half-decade to be properly placed as an aberration in time? Make it so. You want to be revered as the men who delivered Clemson from this prison? Carve the key in chicken bone and kick the door open.

We're past words. We're past "They got lucky" and "We didn't play as well as we could."

We are weary of chuckling and clucking and the smell of guano in our house.

Defense, don't just stop these guys. I want them stomped. I want Thomas glancing up and down the line, wondering where his next fresh taste of #### is coming from. I want them afraid ... afraid of the next snap.

Offense, this is the time to erase doubt, to shut up doubters, to roll all the frustration into a bitter little ball and shove it down their feathered gullets. Break them, once and for all, and let them know what will be coming at them for years to come.

No pity, no mercy. When we could take a knee, take a wishbone.

Their time is past. They know it. And you know it.

It is time ... past time ... for words.

Prove it.

We have faith, and you have works. Open the gates of #### and cook their carcasses over the flames.

We are hungry for a feast.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My kind of sermon. Short and to the point.***

Nov 23, 2014, 7:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OMG Rev...funny with "take a wishbone"! Oh Yeah*

Nov 23, 2014, 7:12 PM

GoTiGs...do it Men!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sunday Sermon: A time to talk, a time to act

Nov 23, 2014, 7:18 PM

OH H3LL YES!!!! I am soooo past the last 5 years, this ends on Saturday! God Bless you Rev!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen! Well said as always Chick! *******

Nov 23, 2014, 7:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 7:25 PM

That's all nice and dandy Rev Dodd,but Spurrier and his chariots
are coming after you.
So now the question begs Do you want Moses(Watson) parting the red sea,or do you think we can keep our heads above water long enough to survive the storm?

There is nothing coming to the Valley that I fear...

Nov 23, 2014, 7:35 PM

Let nothing remain but the vague odor of singed feathers in the dwindling afternoon breeze and the sense that the world has been made right in a brutally ruthless fashion.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is nothing coming to the Valley that I fear...

Nov 23, 2014, 7:41 PM

Singed feathers....sounds good to me!

A hearty AMEN Brother Dodd...

Nov 23, 2014, 7:51 PM [ in reply to There is nothing coming to the Valley that I fear... ]

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen Brother, hell hath no fury......

Nov 23, 2014, 8:05 PM [ in reply to There is nothing coming to the Valley that I fear... ]

nm

Matthew 26:34 :-D ;-)

Nov 23, 2014, 7:45 PM

Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the #### crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

This shapes up as one of the more interesting games in the series and has everyone's full attention. I hope Watson is able to play and is 100%.

I anticipate our defense denying y'all far more than thrice***

Nov 23, 2014, 7:51 PM

Nov 23, 2014, 7:57 PM

Thanks Rev. been waiting in anticipation for this sermon!

Nov 23, 2014, 8:00 PM

Rev. I am 70 years old and this makes me wanna put on pads and a helmit and hit the field to wring chicken necks.

Thanks Rev, excellent as always.***

Nov 23, 2014, 8:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and all the Sons of Dear Ol Clemson said Amen!***

Nov 23, 2014, 8:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Is this a GEE-HAWD game??***

Nov 23, 2014, 8:46 PM

N/M

Nov 24, 2014, 8:45 PM

one of your better sermons Rev.a tour de force.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sounds like Buffaloe wish bones is the tail gate meal

Nov 24, 2014, 10:05 PM

of the day

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 11:16 PM

Amen Rev!!! May be your best sermon ever!!! Now . . . time to take care of some business and Shamecocks Tigers!!! Time to rise up guys!! I want Thompson eating mouthfuls of dirt from the Valley!!

GO TIGERS!***

Nov 24, 2014, 11:29 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 4,435
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic