Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm almost surprised at the reaction to the UVA game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

I'm almost surprised at the reaction to the UVA game.

Jan 24, 2018, 10:45 AM

First of all, if anyone was confident that we would win that game, you should go ahead and come to grips with the fact that you are way too emotional to pick Clemson games reliably.

Second of all, for those that had a feeling this was coming, or are not surprised or angered by the outcome you can ignore the rest of this post.

For the rest, why the surprise? Why the anger?

None of you expected us to be doing this well at this point in the season. So, acting like we SHOULD have done better last night is really odd, considering the preseason expectations.

Let's line up some facts.

1. We just played, maybe, the best team in the country, at their place.
2. Look at the record for ACC road teams this year, and then look at UVA's record at home.
3. It was our first game since losing our 2nd most important player.
4. We hung with them for about half of the game, and then they pulled away. This is when depth shows up. (refer to #3)
5. We still have a great chance at making it to the tourney and going on a run. That game was not a must-win for us to have one of the best 10 seasons we've ever had.

So, it's ridiculous to get too worked up over that last loss. I mean, had we won it would have been a miracle. We still have a lot of winning left to do this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great analysis...

Jan 24, 2018, 10:49 AM

i said almost the exact same thing replying to another post.

too many 'fans' just look at the box score and form their opinion based on that.

we are a good team. they are a GREAT team with a historically GREAT defense. only 5 teams have reached 55 points against them this year.

Now, if we show up at GT on sunday and lay a complete egg, then it may be time to hit the panic button.

we needed a few more days of practice to acclimate to the loss of Grantham, we werent afforded that with the quick turnaround on the road... and it just so happened to be against the best defensive team in the country. as i said earlier, it was a perfect storm.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree- and I never expect to win any games on the road in

Jan 24, 2018, 11:22 AM

the ACC and certainly not that one- you hope to squeak 1 or 2 out to cover the possible loss to an upper team at home if it happens. Right now we are +1 with the win at BC. If we could somehow beat GT or WF on the road, we will be in decent shape. UNC Duke and FSU at home are going to be tough. I would hate for it to come to us having to win at VT or SU to be 9-9. VT especially would be an extremely tall order.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grantham was a big loss, hopefully

Jan 24, 2018, 11:41 AM

we can adapt a little better going forward

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Grantham was a big loss, hopefully

Jan 24, 2018, 12:32 PM

Absolutely worst game coming off the loss of G. I’m hoping we adapt, adjust and use this loss to fuel the rest of the schedule.

Well said, +1***

Jan 24, 2018, 11:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah - but Cmoney SAID . . . .***

Jan 24, 2018, 12:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

~"+9 = Easy Money", you know, in case some missed it...***

Jan 24, 2018, 12:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm almost surprised at the reaction to the UVA game.

Jan 24, 2018, 12:12 PM

Each year I have hopeful expectations for this team. Over the past few years we have started out pretty strong only to slide at the end. Every year I end the basketball season thinking littlejohn would make one heck of an indoor parking facility for football. I honestly thought it was going to be different this year we were winning games down the stretch with clutch foul shooting, things that Clemson have not done typically in recent years.

But for a team to score 13 points over a 20 minute span that has to be a little dose of reality put back on this program. I don't want to go back to my Basketball thoughts but games like these really make it hard.

Yep - write this one off. Breaking in a changed offense

Jan 24, 2018, 1:50 PM

against one of the best defensive teams of the past decade at their house - it could have easily gotten out of hand (...and it did).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen

Jan 24, 2018, 2:03 PM

UVA was able to make some changes at halftime, especially with their defense, that took us out of the game and it showed why they are #2.
I am proud of how our guys handled themselves after losing Donte. Simms was outstanding in my opinion

Sims had a few good moments, but overall, he wasn't outstand

Jan 28, 2018, 3:50 PM

ing. He was completely out of control going to the basket on a few occasions. I do agree...he has some potential, but still very raw!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic