Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Amazon delivered my copy of Bob Woodward's RAGE! today.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Amazon delivered my copy of Bob Woodward's RAGE! today.

Sep 17, 2020, 2:54 PM

Thanks Jeff Bezos.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amazon delivered my copy of Bob Woodward's RAGE! today.

Sep 17, 2020, 2:59 PM

Trump indictment imminent

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woodward's heirs and assigns thank you

Sep 17, 2020, 2:59 PM

or they will

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 3:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol..you already hate trump, so you buy a book that will

Sep 17, 2020, 3:03 PM

make you hate trump...more?

Talk about "confirmation bias". And you PAID for it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't hate anybody. Matter of fact, I love what Trump is

Sep 17, 2020, 3:06 PM

doing to the Republican Party.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't hate anybody. Matter of fact, I love what Trump is

Sep 17, 2020, 3:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i can say, I have never bought one of these "scandal"

Sep 17, 2020, 3:08 PM [ in reply to lol..you already hate trump, so you buy a book that will ]

books.

#1, even if there is something worthwhile in it, it'll be on the news before its even released.
#2, if it wasn't, then you will know it, the second it gets released.

so you're gonna read an entire book for a few bits of real info that will already be on the news before you get to that point in the book?

too much work ;)

Sigh. You paid him.

Sep 17, 2020, 3:06 PM

Oh well. Enjoy I guess. I've never purchased a political hit piece book from anyone, on either side. It's the principle of the thing. I'm sure Ann Coulter savaged Obama in who knows how many books, or Michael Savage, or Mark Levin. I actually have a book by Levin because it's interesting and not really a hitpiece but intellectual/ideological in nature.

But I stay away from those who seek to profit attacking individuals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are comparing Bob Woodward to Anne Coulter, Mark Levin

Sep 17, 2020, 3:11 PM

and Mark Savage? Not even close.

As for a hit piece, Trump has said he was eager to have Woodward write a book about him, so much so that he spoke with him 18 times, many of those calls originated by Donald Trump and over 9 hours of TRump interviews.

Sorry, but your comparisons hold no water.

anybody who is publishing a book like this...

Sep 17, 2020, 3:13 PM

at this time is an opportunist

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup, and reading, much less enjoying such a book

Sep 17, 2020, 3:17 PM

is the intellectual equivalent of the Hunger Games trilogy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

which would be true even if the book showed Trump positively

Sep 17, 2020, 3:20 PM [ in reply to anybody who is publishing a book like this... ]

It doesn't necessarily discredit the contents of the book.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

true on both***

Sep 17, 2020, 3:22 PM

So, we're back to considering the contents of the book

Sep 17, 2020, 3:59 PM

which are pretty d@mning but not unexpected.

I'm not...

Sep 17, 2020, 4:14 PM

I'm agreeing that a positive book at this time could be considered opportunist and that just because it is opportunist doesn't mean the information is fake.

Right, so we must then consider the contents

Sep 17, 2020, 4:22 PM

which in this case is pretty d@mning but not unexpected.

You can’t blame someone wanting to increase their book

Sep 17, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to anybody who is publishing a book like this... ]

sales, though. Can you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only if they're claiming to have uncovered explosive,

Sep 17, 2020, 3:47 PM

incredible information that would save hundreds of thousands of lives if disseminated, but still sat on it until 50 days before the election because that's when Amazon's algorithms predicted peak sales.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quite a stretch. Maybe, “could” have saved

Sep 17, 2020, 8:26 PM

lives.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok then, now we're getting somewhere.

Sep 17, 2020, 8:29 PM

So Trump soft-selling it may not have been a big deal?

We’ll never know that.***

Sep 17, 2020, 8:31 PM

Or, I’ll never know that. You, on the other hand,

Sep 17, 2020, 8:35 PM

are more opinionated than me.

Like you coming down on Tony Elliot and me remaining neutral.??

Nope, I'll never know it either.

Sep 17, 2020, 8:36 PM

As for Tony Elliot, if you've got eyes, you should share my opinion.

Did you actually take the Tigers -33 last week?***

Sep 17, 2020, 8:37 PM

No.

Sep 17, 2020, 8:42 PM

Like I said, it was just a bet for loser buys lunch, and I'm still pizzzed because I knew better.

what Obed said...

Sep 17, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to You can’t blame someone wanting to increase their book ]

seems like Bob should have brought this out in February - unless profit

One of two things is logically required to be true.

Sep 17, 2020, 4:23 PM

Bob Woodward places his own wealth over innocent lives.

or

Bob doesn't really believe that his Covid "Scoop" means what he purports it to mean at present.

There is no other explanation for the logical disconnect in his words and his actions.

Lutz. Explain to me just what he purports it to mean.

Sep 17, 2020, 8:30 PM

I think you’ve been watching too many Biden commercials on TV

I hope not much explanation is required.

Sep 17, 2020, 8:41 PM

His words are crystal clear, and if he truly believes what he is saying, it's amazing that he's been able to compartmentalize the failure to Trump alone while he sat on these tapes and did nothing. If he thinks that people died because Trump downplayed the severity of the virus, then he's a willing accomplice for sitting on them.

Journalist Bob Woodward on Wednesday said that President Trump’s downplaying of the coronavirus pandemic was a “monumental, catastrophic leadership failure.”

“If he’d been honest and shared the truth in some form, we would be in a completely different position now,” Woodward said. “It is a monumental, catastrophic leadership failure.”

“I think it’s one of the most historic moments in the Oval Office when a crisis is laid out, and the president doesn’t level with the American people,” Woodward told MSNBC. “And it’s absolutely tragic. It’s tragic for Donald Trump, for the country, for the 190,000 plus people who have died.”

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/516631-woodward-trumps-downplaying-of-virus-a-monumental-catastrophic-leadership

I had not seen that quote. Thanks.***

Sep 17, 2020, 8:44 PM

Bob Woodward and Ann Coulter are NOT equivalent.***

Sep 17, 2020, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Sigh. You paid him. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

both have Adams' Apples though***

Sep 17, 2020, 3:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems Woodward has experience with these "Hit Pieces"

Sep 17, 2020, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Sigh. You paid him. ]

i mean he is literally citing 8 hours of interviews with trump, who BTW dug his own grave on this one. I am still scratching my head as to why he would conduct phone interviews with the guy that took down Nixon. It is like he really really wants to lose this election.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, Trump dug his own grave. But he was talking to

Sep 17, 2020, 3:46 PM

the grave digger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree, Trump dug his own grave. But he was talking to

Sep 17, 2020, 10:05 PM

seems all Woodward had to do was press record. Little effort on his part i suppose.

We see why Trump's lawyers didnt want him talking to Mueller***

Sep 17, 2020, 4:11 PM [ in reply to seems Woodward has experience with these "Hit Pieces" ]

Re: We see why Trump's lawyers didnt want him talking to Mueller***

Sep 17, 2020, 4:14 PM

can you imagine him getting grilled by the senate, You could charge $400 pay per view and it would break through the roof on ratings.

Let Trump take some of the proceeds and he'd do it.***

Sep 17, 2020, 4:23 PM

Re: Sigh. You paid him.

Sep 17, 2020, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Sigh. You paid him. ]

What makes you think Woodward did that? Did Trump not agree to the interview?

You know, Woodward has a pretty good track record of reporting both sides thoroughly. He's not in the same league as the people you listed.

I kinda think a right wing media source just lied to ya and said it was a hit piece.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Got fireplace?

Sep 17, 2020, 3:50 PM

That'd be some good fat burner.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Sep 17, 2020, 4:55 PM

Read a good book.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic