Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Oct 5, 2020, 7:49 AM

Friday night, went shopping for chairs. Big comfy chairs that one curl up on are expensive, matching ottomans are worse, so no chair was purchased.

Saturday, went to the Greenville Woodworkers Guild to start getting certified on their table saw. Back home to paint a bathroom, I hate painting. Then football time.

Sunday, off to Ikea as sharkgirl knew of an acceptable alternative for a chair. Got some other odds and end. Back home in time to watch the end of the Raiders and Bills. Raiders still need a pass rush and for folks to hold on to the ball. 3rd coat of primer goes on tonight.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers won & the coots lost but I didn't die.

Oct 5, 2020, 7:52 AM

Enjoyed the weather. Did some chores, took the boat out, watched some football.

'bout it.

9/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Nice

Oct 5, 2020, 7:52 AM

The weather was nice

Love being able to open all the windows and spending time outdoors without sweating all the time.

Supper with friends on Friday

Lots of piddly yard work Saturday and tons of football GoTigers

Ditto Sunday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Got to watch a ###### fight on snapchat.

Oct 5, 2020, 7:54 AM

so that was the highlight of my weekend.

Friday sucked.

Saturday: ran errands, went and done a bonfire/outside movie night with friends.

Sunday work. Bonfire and smores with neighbors.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Furniture is hard to buy

Oct 5, 2020, 7:55 AM

if you have not been to Factory Furniture in Mauldin, I recommend. Good prices and good people.

Weekend was good, Tigers won and shots were had.

Voted absentee and helped some neighbors get some trees from nursery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the recommend.

Oct 5, 2020, 8:11 AM

We just went to Ashely. 10 years ago in the store in Charleston they just had lines and lines of one off chairs. I think I picked up my recliner for $330. While the Woodruff Rd store did have some of these, they were all over priced and over ugly.

I have a feeling an entire new living room worth of furniture is headed my way in the next year or so.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The great thing about Factory Furniture is that they can

Oct 5, 2020, 3:19 PM

order most of the stuff you see at Ashley or Jeff Lynch. We have bought from them for many years and saved a ton of money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good.

Oct 5, 2020, 8:01 AM

Friday
Hunting in the evening.

Saturday
Hunting in the morning, shot a doe.
Wife was working, kids went with the inlaws for the day. I took the deer to the processor in Prosperity and hung around Newberry looking at boats, shopping at Lowes, and enjoying some alone time. Saturday night I watched some fooseball and drank some drinks.

Sunday
A dear friend of mine came to town and we went striper fishing with my brother. 9 hours on the water. We caught 1 catfish, but crushed a ton of beers. Great time. Wife was displeased at my drunkenness, because we had to go straight from the lake to my mother in law's birthday party. Party was fun. Went to bed early, around 9pm.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

You shot a doe?

Oct 5, 2020, 10:25 AM

A deer?

A female deer?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: You shot a doe?

Oct 5, 2020, 10:25 AM

LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome, thx 4 aksin!

Oct 5, 2020, 8:02 AM

As close to a football weekend in 2020 so far! Friends visited, lotta drinkin, and good eating Fri at Blue Heron. Set up tailgate in driveway, had 20 odd folks come by and partake of Greek gyros, white bean chicken chili, lotta other good stuff. Left for DV shortly after 6 and enjoyed more beer before going in stadium, not at our allotted time (oops).
Glad the piped in carp wasn’t used. There was good noise from the 19k crowd....
Sunnyside Cafe bfast Sun morn and planted 3 large shrubs in the afternoon. 9.5/10!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was good....

Oct 5, 2020, 8:02 AM

Friday - don't remember

Saturday - cooked a mean breakfast. Had to replace the liner in coy pond in front of house a few weeks ago and had to tear out upper layers of stone wall that sits around it to get to liner. Finished putting back the stone layers. Decided for the natural look...don't sit on it. Eff'ed around with a leaking toilet for 2 hrs in 1/2 bath. Wife-of took kids and a friend to Garrison Farm for fall thingy. Kids beetched that it was more for little kids, so flushed $50 down the drain. Watched football. Gamecocks lost, Tigers won so good day.

Sunday - pulled the trigger on outdoor griddle I had been wanting. Set it up with daughter. Seasoned it while watching my fantasy team sheet the bed with Chubb going down in Q1. Cooked up some bacon burgers which were dang good. Played basketball with son.

All-in-all a good weekend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You spend 9+ hours doing one thing when you had something

Oct 5, 2020, 8:30 AM

else to do that day? I'm impressed. I don't like to be up early enough to be that type of productive.

Is this under the correct post?***

Oct 5, 2020, 3:48 PM

Pretty good

Oct 5, 2020, 8:07 AM

Fri, picked up kids from school and took them shopping for their Mamas bday. BBQd some delicious burgers and dogs for dinner.

Sat we went to Denver Downs. Watched football

Sunday was in church, took friend fishing for two hours afterwards, then baseball practice.

The end

My weekend report, by RH Tig.

Oct 5, 2020, 8:09 AM

Friday, actually ended up working until about 5:30 because I had to wait on others to complete their part for a billing reconciliation I need to submit this morning. Finished up, cracked first beer, and pretty much watched episodes of The Boys all night.

Saturday, took Mr. Kitty to the vet for booster shots. That took almost all morning because of the virus protocols and the waiting. Back home to do flea treatment for both cat and dog, the made some pulled pork nachos for lunch. Afternoon trip to Academy, stopped a few other places then back home to prep for the game with some Balcone's Baby Blue. Watched the Tigers sleepwalk through the game, although Etinne, Rogers, and Booth were fun to watch as they compiled what most players would consider a season's worth of highlight reel in one game. Flipped over to watch the John Prine retrospective on Austin City Limits, then crashed.

Sunday, up to drink coffee, walk pup, a few chores, then a grocery run. Back home to play some bass, watch 4th quarter of Cootalina Panties game, evening walk with the pup, then made comfort food supper with ham steaks, red cabbage, and roasted taters and onions. Watched the season 10 finale of Walking Dead, was worth it for the Talking Heads tune placement alone. Stayed tuned in for the new Walking Dead spinoff, which is the basically Walking Dead 90210. It was slow and boring, but watched until the end before crashing.

Clemson win, coot loss, and too much TV. 16.75/19 Covids.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

‘Twas a good weekend..

Oct 5, 2020, 8:11 AM

Didn’t do much Friday..
Got married in Clemson Saturday..
Went downtown and had a few beverages

Stayed in downtown greenville that night, watched the Clemson game..

Went to the mountains for the day yesterday.
Was a pretty awesome weekend.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats!***

Oct 5, 2020, 8:14 AM

Kang grats!***

Oct 5, 2020, 8:25 AM [ in reply to ‘Twas a good weekend.. ]

congratulations and best wishes!***

Oct 5, 2020, 10:23 AM [ in reply to ‘Twas a good weekend.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats!***

Oct 5, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to ‘Twas a good weekend.. ]

5/10 final electric upgrade done to sell slumlord house

Oct 5, 2020, 8:12 AM

5 cause done
0 cause doing work myself

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Use extra tape on them wires!

Oct 5, 2020, 8:33 AM

Especially when the wires are connected behind the wall someplace. F those little plastic connectors and stupid plastic boxes!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Oct 5, 2020, 8:15 AM

I have been a member of the Woodworkers Guild for years. Love those instructional courses for their machinery and ya get certification along with the knowledge... for free.

Not a lot of projects of late for me... but they have all the machines ya can't afford or don't have room for.

My sweet lady bought my membership

Oct 5, 2020, 9:17 AM

for my birthday. Hopefully we are getting to a point with this Covid that the classes are offered more often. I've got a lot of project ideas for the house but no skills to pull them off yet.

Pretty good. Friday night drank and cooked sausages wraped

Oct 5, 2020, 8:16 AM

in bacon. Saturday went and took care of mom's water, mail, toilet, and cut back the bushes by the dock with a chainsaw. Also cut and removed all the roots and stumps down by the water on the lake so next year we won't be tripping on roots and stumps in the water. Went and saw dad's grave marker. Matched my grandparents marker right beside it. Went by my old high school, literally didn't recognize the place. Went by parents old house, and it looks good. Young couple has it and they have fixed it up nice.

Saturday afternoon we went to oldest son's boy scout ceremony where he officially became a boy scout. Ceremony was supposed to happen in April. Was at the old girl scout camp on Crystal Lake....lol. Watched Clemson win, and it wasn't ugly ;)

Sunday watched church. Scanned documents for our refi on the mortgage. Went to Sam's/Publix. Did a little werk.

Overall meh.....

8/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All my teams won but nobody looked great. Ran a 5k

Oct 5, 2020, 8:24 AM

virtually, and did some work at Mom's house and our backyard. Relatively productive, decent weekend.

Clemson won, looked good on offense and OK on defense.
Arsenal won, anemic at times but still bagged 2 goals.
Panthers won, who knows how, I didn't watch.

Saturday ran 7 miles alone then 6 miles on some "trails" with the kids.
Sunday ran the Turtle Trek "Virtual" 5k. We did it at Riverwalk, I was just over 22:00 per Garmin. Strava had me at 22:35 I think which aint great but my fitness isn't great right now either.

Covered up Mom's pool and cleaned up some in her backyard, cleaned out the Fire Pit. Disposed of a swingset/playhouse from my backyard.

Back to work this morning.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, just woke up to find out that Arsenal fired

Oct 5, 2020, 8:34 AM

Gunnersaurus so that has ruined my weekend. THANKS ALOT, ASSHOLES. The Arsenal owner is worth 8.3 BILLION American Dollars and he fired the fucking mascot to save money.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazingly good

Oct 5, 2020, 8:24 AM

no covid

Friday - happy hour with the boys, burgers on the grill for dinner, beer and tequila

Saturday - cold morning run and then basically played with the kids all day. Friends over that evening for some pork medallions on the grill. Went to the bar and watched the game on my phone while everyone else watched the Georgia game. Good times

Sunday - rainy and cold baseball and soccer games. played with kids, then did lunch and lions game at local pub. Rode bikes around town with my son all afternoon. Dinner was leftovers. I then got really drunk and trolled TNet and watched music on YouTube.

7/10 due to cold rainy baseball game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

East Coast Party Ended...

Oct 5, 2020, 8:49 AM

Sattidy nite after game. Ran out.

Don't remember Friday. Made Pillsbury crescent dogs.

Sattidy morn went to Publix. Watched tons of college football. Watched Tigers win and Coots lose. Me and Granny had chicken and dumplings. Got check from BCBS.

Sunday watched some futbol. Watched the NFL games. Had three cheese chicken.

got reemed in the rue by pumpkin patch

Oct 5, 2020, 8:59 AM

$85 for 5 pumpkins.
+$50 just to enter for 5

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Much slower

Oct 5, 2020, 9:08 AM

Friday: took off, had scokker in Cootlumbia and back home after a stop at Whole Foods

Saturday: went to daughters XC meet, got a new bed frame, assembled it, cleaned up a bit got take away and watched the feetsball all day, did not drink, will definitely do that again

Sunday: slept in, watching ManU get their rear ends handed to them, watched some fottball, not much. Cleaned up some, cooked supper, showered and relaxed before bed

10/10 will do again in about 7 weeks, until then, non-stop scokker action

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Oct 5, 2020, 9:19 AM

Kind of sucked.

Yeah.....well.....you know

Oct 5, 2020, 10:14 AM

Not bad.

Fri - wife worked so spent the day with the youngest. Walked downtown and went to lunch at What’s Cookin’.

Sat - made my girls french toast and bacon. Worked around the house pretty much ALL day cleaning, organizing, etc. Kid #2 joined us and me and the girls went to Mellow Mushroom for supper and watched the first half of the game.

Sun - french toast and bacon again. Headed west of the river and took the kids to Steed’s Dairy. Corn maze, jumping pillow, lots of fun outdoorsy stuff. Boiled peanut game strong. Went to Carolina Ale House after. Kinda felt like I was in an upscale Applebee’s, if that makes sense. Home to crash.

All in all a folksy, wholesome weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Upscale Applebees makes me LOL

Oct 5, 2020, 10:18 AM

My brain is trying to wrap around that but I am struggling. Like, they still let you smoke inside, but NO NEWPORTS and they serve High Life in a frosted mug.

Exactly

Oct 5, 2020, 10:41 AM

I’ve eaten at CAH before and everything was pretty good, good atmosphere, etc. yesterday at the one in Disgusta just felt different. I didn’t know any other way to describe it other than one step above the worst of the worst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

pretty good weekend....

Oct 5, 2020, 10:33 AM

Friday: went home and took care of the lawn, watered the mums and hibiscus, grilled steak and baked a potato, drank some beer, listened to the Chesterfield Rams football.

Saturday: Worked till noon. finished putting up two man deer stand for me and Myfavjr. It's a Muddy Quad and it was a SOB to put together. Shared a few beers with friend who helped but deer stand up. Replaced fan belt on Farmall 140, got lucky on this one. Grilled Dove, Shrimp and wings for Clemson game. Drank more beer by the fire.

Sunday: Worked a couple of hours, ate lunch with mom, great conversation. Washed a couple loads of clothes, picked up MfOjr. from mom's :), watched some of race, went to pond to show off deer stand, while there, cleaned up around shed, watched a few ducks fly, listened to end of race, threw football, cooked dinner, played PS4, read before bed.

Busy...

Oct 5, 2020, 1:01 PM

Friday night - had step-kids (who I refer to as kids unless needing to clarify) with us because middle daughter had a swim meet early on Saturday and her dad who is always bitching about not seeing her enough because her mom and I are evil didn't want to have to drive her to the meet early Saturday. Was feeling lazy and did not want to cook, So we had a pre-made chicken taco kit from Sam's - was pretty good. Wife and I fooled around and did dirty stuff.

Got up saturday and took daughter of to bus for swim meet. Came home and went back to bed. Eventually got up and started working on getting house ready for Sunday open house. Moved clutter left over from moving kids into and out of rooms and cleaned a bunch of stuff. Went and got daughter from bus (no spectators allowed) and celebrated their team winning region until her dad arrived to pick them up. Saturday night pan seared Prime beef NY Strips in the stainless pan I bought. Still not sold it's better than cast iron but it's #### good. Watched the game while I cooked and then ate dinner. Wife and I watched a movie after baby went to bed and the game was over then had a "discussion" over the existence of non-reciprocal behavior rules in relationships, particularly the "you're not allowed to be mad at me when I do something dumb but you have to allow me to have my feelings when you do something dumb." The dumb thing in question being my failing to check the times for boarding the dogs this weekend and missing drop off, such that...

Sunday, got up and tried to decide what to do with the dogs while we spent day in Charleston with oldest daughter of and our house was set up for an open house. Decided to lock them in the run with water and food and hope they didn't bark the whole time people were looking at the house. Finished up making house pretty for open house and then left for Charleston with baby and wife. Arrived and took daughter of to lunch at Juanita Greenberg's (her choice) which was pretty good. Then met her roommate who is already her new bestie and her suitemates who are weirdos. One of them posted a picture from the dorm room of her boyfriend doing a hand bra on her. Daughter showed it to us at lunch and then we saw them walking down the street later. Drove to Florence to pick up other kids of and then back to columbia. Drank too much for a Sunday and went to bed after watching a few bar rescues.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic