Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Punch...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

The Punch...

Sep 20, 2013, 9:40 AM

I like the Punch.

While not the proper action, the Pack had been jawin' all night.

Sort of reminds me of Yusef Kelley kicking that Coot in the head.

Coot deserved it, Pack deserved it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate the result, love the attitude***

Sep 20, 2013, 9:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bunch of pantywaists on here

Sep 20, 2013, 9:41 AM

wanted to put him in jail last night. It isn't ballet.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

you are right.it is football...

Sep 20, 2013, 2:15 PM

it also isnt boxing or ufc either.punching someone in the chin has no place on the football field.jawing is part of the game.pushing and shoving is part of the game.punching someone in the chin isnt.

Sorry but stupid actions can cost you in a close game.

Sep 21, 2013, 10:39 AM [ in reply to bunch of pantywaists on here ]

It's football not street fighting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Just beat them on the field.

Sep 20, 2013, 9:42 AM

I have a feeling Dabo won't play around with this one and very well may suspend Battle for at least 3-4 games.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

That would be stupid and stupid message to recruits

Sep 20, 2013, 9:47 AM

S

Re: Nope. Just beat them on the field.

Sep 20, 2013, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Nope. Just beat them on the field. ]

I get the same feeling.

sammy gets 2 games for smoking weed/breaking the law

Sep 20, 2013, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Nope. Just beat them on the field. ]

& battle gets 3-4 games for retaliating in a football game?

i hope not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd prefer 1, expect 2. Anything more is excessive.***

Sep 20, 2013, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Nope. Just beat them on the field. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 games? For that? 1 at the most.***

Sep 20, 2013, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Nope. Just beat them on the field. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

14 head butted Boyd after a tackle in 1st possession. He

Sep 20, 2013, 9:56 AM

Then talked smack the rest of the night.

Tiger/Terrier

ok?

Sep 20, 2013, 9:58 AM

and battle took the bait.

awesome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gave him some chin music to think about next time***

Sep 20, 2013, 9:59 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

i wish they'd give the plate back to the pitchers & there's

Sep 20, 2013, 10:02 AM

plenty of football justice to be had within the rules.

i ain't squeemish about him tagging him, he's ####### stupid for costing his team a couple games on the bench.

Just wondering how many of these panty waists actually

Sep 20, 2013, 10:10 AM [ in reply to 14 head butted Boyd after a tackle in 1st possession. He ]

Played the game...been caught up in the heat of the battle...had some 5 foot nothing jawing you when you have nothing left in the game accept emotion? Go write a blog!

Tiger/Terrier

mind pointing out the panty waists so we can ask them

Sep 20, 2013, 10:11 AM

directly?

Nah...they need to come out of the pink closet on their

Sep 20, 2013, 10:13 AM

Own.

Tiger/Terrier

haha, that's what i thought.***

Sep 20, 2013, 10:18 AM

Just read the posts of those who are excessive in punishing

Sep 20, 2013, 10:21 AM

Battle, I think the posts themselves call them out.

Tiger/Terrier

so you think he should be punished but not to excess,

Sep 20, 2013, 10:28 AM

whatever that means to you?

but if you think someone's idea of the punishment is too long "they're panty waists" yet you won't carry the courage of your own convictions and have that discussion directly with them?

i see.

That's absurd. Smack talk happens every game every

Sep 20, 2013, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Just wondering how many of these panty waists actually ]

day between every team. Everyone else is able to keep their emotions in check and Battle was not. We cost his team 15 yards, which ultimately gave NCSU the ball back and a chance to turn it into a one possession game. He made us look bad on a national broadcast. He didn't send a message that mattered except "I can be played with mentally."

All he had to say was "Scoreboard."

"Panty Waists." Give me a break.

null

Yep Wookie......panty waist. If they fit wear them!***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:32 PM

Tiger/Terrier

Painty waist??... are you Jerry Mathers? Wally?

Sep 20, 2013, 7:25 PM

Or are you Eddie Haskell?

Oh, don't tell me, you're one of the Nelsons from Ozzie and Harriet.

Next you're going to say their mama wears army boots!

Re: Yep Wookie......panty waist. If they fit wear them!***

Sep 20, 2013, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Yep Wookie......panty waist. If they fit wear them!*** ]

awoffordterrier you say these people never played football please. You must have been a towel boy because what Battle did was a punk move. The actions he showed last night, he is no better than Suh.

SAM Backer at Wofford for 3 years.***

Sep 21, 2013, 10:27 AM

Tiger/Terrier

How many punches did you throw?***

Sep 21, 2013, 10:44 AM

None...but I put my face mask on a lot of chins on purpose!***

Sep 21, 2013, 11:40 AM

Tiger/Terrier

bs. give it up. he knocked the guy 4 yards, do you really

Sep 20, 2013, 1:48 PM [ in reply to That's absurd. Smack talk happens every game every ]

think anybody, with one UPPERCUT could propel you BACKWARDS for 12 feet? i sure hope you didn't go to clemson! because if you think a punch, under the face mask, which would have to be a straight up punch, can propel you that far backwards, you are about a d.a.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well it's not like he knocked him off his feet for 4 yards

Sep 20, 2013, 2:10 PM

Despite what you pro-punchers believe, he is going to get punished which is exactly what most sane people would do. As Dabo said, "That isn't Clemson." If you want to see a fight, go watch MMA or boxing. It has no place here in football. The game is very much emotional, but the ones that do not let it effect their play are the ones that are the mentally tough ones. Take your emotions out on the next play....pile drive a guy into the turf, pick up another first down, then ask the guy what's he doing out here? Ask him if he'll be a fan of his when he's watching Battle play on Sundays from his couch. Talk smack back if you have to....DO NOT start a scrum. We're lucky the Wolfpack had some restraint and this thing didn't escalate.

whut? ok, you can. me, not so much. as i have said before

Sep 20, 2013, 6:11 PM

i won't start nothing, but i am not going to take no bull either. it goes both ways. i , luckily, went to schools on military posts for my early years, and wasn't brought up on this liberal bs.

Ha ha. I guess if everyone on our team was like you, we'd

Sep 20, 2013, 6:28 PM

never get through the first drive of a football game. The other team is going to say something. If you can't handle it, you're worthless to the team as a player.

null

That's the problem with that type of mentality. You are

Sep 20, 2013, 7:06 PM [ in reply to whut? ok, you can. me, not so much. as i have said before ]

proving nothing by throwing a punch. So what? You're 6'6" and 280 lbs. He can probably squash the guy if he wanted. If I were him, I would have laughed hysterically at the guy talking trash.

As I said, it has no place in football. It is not the norm. It will not be tolerated by Dabo. How would you feel if Tajh threw that punch, got ejected, and could not play for the next game? What if it were against FSU? Would you still feel the same and say, 'thataboy Tajh...don't take nuttin from no one.'

To me, it is childish. It shouldn't be a #### measuring contest. It's a lot harder choosing not to fight and controlling your emotions than just letting loose and swinging. Anyone can do that, especially when you tower over your opponent and probably out weight him by 100 lbs. If you do it to prove you are more macho then you are extremely insecure imo.

Was this intended to be in a response to me?

Sep 20, 2013, 6:27 PM [ in reply to bs. give it up. he knocked the guy 4 yards, do you really ]

Because it doesn't seem to connect to my post at all. Where did I say anything about the distance the Pack player went after he was hit? I am not arguing that the kid didn't dramatize the punch. But you can't argue that Battle didn't intend to punch him. It wasn't an accidental elbow or something. It was a clear uppercut.

null

Re: Just wondering how many of these panty waists actually

Sep 20, 2013, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Just wondering how many of these panty waists actually ]

Late in a game you just laugh, say nothing, point at the score board, and walk away. Then you hunt him out during the next couple of plays and take an extra hard legal shot that he'll remember. PS Early in a game, DEAD SILENCE, a smile, and make sure he sees you noticing his number then hunt him out next play or two. It has the added advantage of putting his head on a swivel, looking for you again.

Little ###### deserved it.***

Sep 21, 2013, 10:29 AM [ in reply to 14 head butted Boyd after a tackle in 1st possession. He ]

There's something in these hills.

Yea, I guess his face mask is still in pain.***

Sep 21, 2013, 10:48 AM

The punch was stupid

Sep 20, 2013, 10:00 AM

He could've broken a bone in his hand

The Woofpuppy should not have been punched...

Sep 20, 2013, 10:29 AM

However, Yusef should have kicked that coot again!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should have lifted his wallet too***

Sep 20, 2013, 10:31 AM

nm

PLEASEEEEE

Sep 20, 2013, 1:35 PM

delete this post.(above) ^

Amazing, and you guys called Swearinger classless?***

Sep 20, 2013, 1:44 PM

and he is. so ?

Sep 20, 2013, 1:53 PM

next.

Swearinger IS classless and it sounds like he's carried it

Sep 20, 2013, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Amazing, and you guys called Swearinger classless?*** ]

with him into the NFL.

Battle's punch was a classless act, but I would not yet deem him a classless individual like Swearinger. If he continues with bad sportsmanship then yes, but that hasn't happened yet.

So no, you haven't really made a point here. Just grasping for straws trying to legitimize yet another coot player and his poor character.

Swearinger was

Sep 20, 2013, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Amazing, and you guys called Swearinger classless?*** ]

He threw punches, he got int he faces of opponents and belittled them, he stood over Ellington and taunted him after illegally hitting him. He ran up to Dabo and our coaches and flippd them off and cussed them out MULTIPLE times during the USuC game last year.

Battle endured taunting and verbal harassment all game, and when NC State stepped up the taunting and BS, Battle finally responded. Honestly I'm surprised he didn't hit the NC State kid earlier in the game.

To me, Swearinger is a lot like the guy that got punched***

Sep 21, 2013, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Amazing, and you guys called Swearinger classless?*** ]

nm

Atleast it wasn't our coaches fighting

Sep 20, 2013, 2:12 PM

Like carolina's were fighting each other on the sidelines during the Carolina v Georgia game.

The NC State Fudgepacker deserved it

Sep 20, 2013, 2:27 PM

They were talking #### all night. Battle was wrong, but I honestly kind of like that he laid the kid out. I'm glad our Tigers are starting to show some swagger. The "we're here to win. If you mess with us, we mess you up" attitude.
Let me clarify: our boys are not playing like prison thugs like USuC or Alabama or FSU, they are playing like they are rough and ready and determined to win.
Battle's punch shut NC State up.

Our team over the past few ears didn't have that swagger.
Last year during the USuC game, when we were in a timeout huddle in the 4th quarter, and USuC was up by 10 points, and their players (and a few assistants) ran onto the Paw with 6 minutes left and started dancing around, with several players running around flipping off the crowd, and DJ Swearinger running over to our huddle and telling Dabo to "go F*** yourself" TO HIS FACE, and our boys stood there with the expression of "OMG someone call mom they are being mean!"... THAT pissed me off!

Now, I'm almost kind of glad he threw that punch. It shows we mean business. Yes it was wrong and reflects badly, but it shows our boys won't take #### from anybody. They are just here to "win baby win" and if someone crosses us the wrong way we'll knock them out! Its a lot like our teams of the 80's. They aren't classless, ignorant thugs, but they'll knuckle up and put someone in their place when they cross the line.
It shows attitude.

I don't want punching opponents to become a habit, but I think it was a statement that sent the message that you don't cross the line against us.

Re: The Punch...

Sep 20, 2013, 7:11 PM

And some of the posts on this thread is pretty much proof why most people in America think that Clemson has the biggest redneck fan base in all of college sports!

Your fanbase is routinely made fun of by the media

Sep 20, 2013, 7:20 PM

Arrogant, loud mouthed, trashy, delusional are only a few adjectives to describe the vast majority of the shamecock fans.

Looks like the pot calling the kettle black to me...

Red is better than Chicken...***

Sep 21, 2013, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: The Punch... ]

The argurment of "wait 'til the next play" to even up...

Sep 21, 2013, 12:02 PM

What I have heard consistently is that Battle should have walked away and on the next play go after one of the other "innocent" 'Packers, lay the wood in the groin, taking a cheap shot when they were not expecting it. Then remind the ailing player that the price he paid was NOT for something HE DID, but for something that HIS TEAMMATE did on the previous play. The message being, "Don't blame me, blame you mouthy teammate for my cheap shot to your groin."

Then as the camera catches this "after the incident" cheap shot, the announcers are now able to COMPLETELY blame the player seeking the retribution as taking a cheap shot for no apparent reason. You will NEVER be able to walk the incident back to the original instigator of the mouth off.

What Battle did was to first walk away dismissing the DB with a hand wave. THEN the DB decided to come back into Battle's face to see if he could just give him some serious crap about whomever in Battle's family (mother, sister, little brother, you name it) he wanted to expecting that Battle would not be able to respond.

Instead, Battle showed he was not going to take this kind of verbal abuse and laid the upper cut that decked the DB.

As in life, retribution must be enacted IMMEDIATELY and with precision results. We all knew EXACTLY WHY Battle did it, and who was going to get it. NO QUESTIONS...ONLY ANSWERS.

Now, who of us have an issue with this?

Do I wish that Battle could have controlled himself further? Yes, I do.

BUT...I would also like to know EXACTLY what the DB came back into Battle's face with. There is jawing and then there is crossing a line. That DB may have been letting Battle know that he had better watch his back because he would be coming for his knees and ending his season. Battle's response..."Go for it, and here is an uppercut for you to think about when you're planning your next cheap shot."

Some of us may be asking too much of complete temper control under ANY CONDITION, as if 3 hours of constant verbal insults, berating, demeaning, and "to the core, in your face" cussing should provide you with enough self control to accepting your opponent's affection with grace and charm.

Enough! The DB wanted some post-play action from Battle, and he got it! That's it! Battle will pay a price, but his pride remains intact.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Just can't make some people happy. One minute their

Sep 21, 2013, 12:10 PM

Crying about how we lack toughness. When we finally see a guy who shows toughness (granted it wasn't smart) he's blasted for it. Make your minds up. I for one, liked to see that fire. It's been missing for way too long. He's just gotta figure out how to channel that into the play and Dabo will handle it

Swearinger needed one in the ear hole last year...14 needed

Sep 21, 2013, 7:50 PM

one in the ear hole Thursday night....

Sometimes you just gotta be a little smarter when you nail them.

And I was EXTREMELY disappointed that Swearinger didn't get rung up by someone after his BS with Ellington.

I had fully expected to see Spencer Shuey make his first play as a wideout a few plays later in that game....just so he could go across the middle.

Re: Swearinger needed one in the ear hole last year...14 needed

Sep 21, 2013, 8:11 PM

I am disappointed in the fan base here that try to justify this punch. Many of the ncstate fans I sat around said that was not like Clemson and hated it happened.

Basketball players talk trash, as well as football players. It has become part of the game, unfortunately. It is never a reason for punches.

Re: The punch was just wrong...

Sep 21, 2013, 8:43 PM

He should have gone to the body first with a quick one to double the guy over and THEN follwed through with the chin music. Mike Tyson style.

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic