Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Amazeballs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 404

Amazeballs

Apr 26, 2019, 2:58 PM

So GDP grew 3.2% last quarter, despite a 35-day government shutdown. So the soul source of income for the government, the $21 trillion economy, was not impacted when the government didn't spend the 4+ trillion dollars the government took out of the economy. This speaks volumes.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/26/gdp-q1-2019-first-read.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amazeballs

Apr 26, 2019, 3:08 PM

Germans!

https://www.tigernet2.com/forum/thread/That-Obama-is-a-genius-1900193?tstart=0

...and Russians...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/25/opinion/mueller-trump-campaign-russia-conpiracy-.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 3:29 PM

"Exports rose 3.7% in the first quarter, while imports decreased by 3.7%."

This is great news for American job security.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 3:32 PM

I was at a conference yesterday and it was around consumer confidence. The new was so positive, outside of the polls, that its almost scary. We are all high as mess on consuming and its awesome, but it scares me just a little.

I can tell you that I did this conference at the height of the recession and they didnt serve food or beer/liquor. This time it was catered and open bar. You all have probably experienced the same things. But we are riding a high and its AWESOME.

Moral of the story, save your money, NOW. Just throw as much into a simple savings as possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The poor can't do that.

Apr 26, 2019, 4:09 PM

They are just catching up on credit situations, home mortgages and buying their children all the things kids wanted when the family budget wouldn't allow. Maybe they eat out once a week now or get that vacation they've been selling back to the boss so they could make ends meet during the previous administration when their wages were stagnant.

If you wonder why I consider the poor first, don't. I was poor when I entered Clemson and just about every day of the rest of my life. I lived on the lake when Carter took office and was in the process of buying 10 acres of land on the same road Sequoia Nuke plant is on. I would be filthy rich from selling the land or developing it for business had Carter been rejected and someone like Reagan took office then. I didn't enroll in Clemson until 1985. Do the math.

Ask me what I think about Carter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the value of the dollar plummets then you might not

Apr 28, 2019, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazeballs ]

want all your eggs in that basket either.

World Reserve currency status for the dollar may be nearing extinction. When that shoe drops... Look out. Interest rates, high inflation, debt death spiral...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the value of the dollar plummets then you might not

Apr 29, 2019, 10:48 AM

Spend a lot of time on Zero Hedge?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that your way of....

Apr 29, 2019, 12:49 PM

1. arguing that the idea that the US Dollar losing reserve currency status would have a dramatically negative effect on the value of the Dollar is... false?

Or

2. are you suggesting that there is only one major source for commentary about such topics?

Or

3. are you just trying to put me in a box so you don't have to grapple with complicated issues that are not being served to you by corporate media?

Had your question been sincere, I would have answered... "Historical context is my primary source of information on the topic."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 404
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic