Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one not worried about OSU?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Am I the only one not worried about OSU?

Dec 13, 2019, 8:15 PM

I feel like we're going to curb stomp them but maybe that's just me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, its just you***

Dec 13, 2019, 8:25 PM

No it’s not....,***

Dec 13, 2019, 9:59 PM

Re: Yes, its just you***

Dec 14, 2019, 1:03 AM [ in reply to Yes, its just you*** ]

Uh - no it's not - I'm not worried. Have you watched any of the OSU games Good grief, they have almost no weapons to beat anyone, especially CLEMSON. Dobbins, Olave, maybe Mack sometimes, but Fields is just not all that good in spite of all the undeserved hype. His best passes are when he leaves the pocket (which CLEMSON will not allow) and finds a wide-open receiver downfield. I doubt he finds anyone on 12/28. Plus Fields is prone to taking sacks as he cannot make his reads fast enough. He's a rookie at QB and plays like one. CBV knows how to stop the run, so Dobbins is not going to punish this D like he's used to doing. Any pressure on Fields is more likely to result in a sack than a completion. And if Fields tries to scramble for yardage, then I expect CBV will corral him like they did vsersus Perkins.

Honestly, OSU needs to hide their women and children, 'cause it's gonna be nasty.

Anyone else notice that Chase Young did not affect a single play in the BIG 10 CG until 4:18 remaining in the 4th? Good grief.

I'm not worried ...

Dec 13, 2019, 8:26 PM

https://imgur.com/gallery/fKlG79l

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am I the only one not worried about OSU?

Dec 13, 2019, 8:29 PM

You are fooling yourself. This OSU team is not the team we beat last time. They can beat us. In my opinion this is the strongest playoff field so far. Buckle up and prepare to score 40+ or lose. I dont believe any of these defenses are going to be dominant in this playoff. Just my opinion.

Dec 13, 2019, 10:05 PM

Just curious as to WHY you feel this way???

I agree, Jeffro74

Dec 14, 2019, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one not worried about OSU? ]

This is a potent, all-around team that has it all on both sides of the ball.

I am not "worried" but it should be pointed out that

Dec 13, 2019, 8:29 PM

the Buckeyes are BY FAR the best conglomeration of talent and the best offense and defense we will have played to date. As fans we dont affect the play in the game, but we would be making a mistake to think this is going to resemble UVA or Wake Forest. I am a little bit concerned we haven't been tested at this level. Not even close. We have the players and coaches to beat them, but it will take a level of play we havent had to bring forth as of yet. The trenches are the most critical part of this game, and we've not seen dudes like what OSU is going to have on both sides. I know it doesnt impact the game at all, but for me personally I'm not going to assume this will be a curb stomping. We're going to need to play at a level we havent had to bring out since last January. I hope we can dial it up.

Re: I am not "worried" but it should be pointed out that

Dec 13, 2019, 8:42 PM

Our guys face talent as good (better in my opinion) as Ohio State everyday in practice. The Tigers will be ready and are prepared to win the game. They also have something OS, OK, and LSU don't have, experience winning games in the playoffs. That matters more than you would think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 9:19 PM

Practice is nothing like a real game. This argument holds no water.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL!

Dec 13, 2019, 10:02 PM

Just lol!

Dec 13, 2019, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I am not "worried" but it should be pointed out that ]

And they probably don't have the depth we have ready to play with some experience!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 10:47 PM [ in reply to I am not "worried" but it should be pointed out that ]

You know we clobbered everyone last year,too. We won by an average of 30 points (35 this year).
And we were certainly ready for ND and Bama. I have no doubt that we will be ready. OSU is a very good team, but so were ND and Bama. They may be ready and give us a game, but we will prevail.

Dec 13, 2019, 11:20 PM [ in reply to I am not "worried" but it should be pointed out that ]

Sure. But, and this is a massive but, we don't actually know how good OSU is. Personally, I think the B10 is TREMENDOUSLY OVERRATED this year. The conference just isn't that good. Imagine, at one point, there was talk of Minnesota going to the conference championship game. Minnefrigginsota! Just let that sink in for a bit. Minnefrigginsota.

And Wisconsin was absolutely embarrassing OSU in the 1H and I'm not even sure how good Wisconsin is. They are good, but they aren't great. Hell, Virginia might actually be better than Wisconsin and we sent Virginia cryin' to their mamas and their daddies.

Dec 13, 2019, 9:42 PM

No, you’re not the only one. Clemson is going to drag them up and down the field. This game won’t be close

Well it’s a game so I would hope you’re not worried***

Dec 13, 2019, 10:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 13, 2019, 10:40 PM

I have been worrying about them all week, but then i watched the 2016 game today and i am less worried.

I know that these are not the same teams. I know that both Clemson and OSU have gotten better since 2016. However, overall I think OSU's problems with us remain.

1. They are not as fast as us. They have a few fast guys, but their big guys are not as fast as our big ones - O-Line, D-Line & linebackers.

2. Their offense and defense are far more basic and predictable than ours. We can scheme for them better than they can scheme for us. and we can make more and better adjustments during the game.

3. We've been through all of this before (again and again). Their players and coaches have not. Every single day of our three weeks of preparation and been planned out in a way that has been successful in the past. What do they know about how to do that ? We know how to build focus and intensity to the maximum potential by game time.

4. We need to control their run game - Dobbins and Fields - but I know that BV has put together a plan. NOBODY is going to line up and shove it down our throats when we know that is what is coming. BTW this was our same big task in 2016 and we took care of that pretty well. I know our line is smaller and not quite as dominant as in years past, but they are no slouches. BV will show them what needs to be done and they will get it done.

5. Our back seven is better than 2016, which will take some pressure off of our D-Line. Fields is a better passer than Barrett, but our secondary can handle him once we shut down the run game.

6. This offense is just too diverse for a base defense like OSU's to stop. No matter what they might do, we will have an answer for that, especially if they stay as predictable as they have been all year. They have a very good DE and a very good CB, but we have playmakers all over the field and a very underrated O-Line. Trevor will find the open man and deliver the ball. he will also run for several crucial first downs.

OSU is a very good team. I do not see us shutting them out. I do not see us crushing them. But we could beat them by a comfortable margin, especially if we get on top of them early. They have a tendency to start slow and we have a tendency to start fast. If we get up on them by 14 or more, will their ghosts start to haunt them ?

####, is it not the 28th yet ??

Dec 14, 2019, 10:30 AM

Every running QB that we have faced during the season or in the playoffs, BV has stopped or slowed them to the point that they weren't very effective, and there's nothing so special about Field's that says he is so different, he is just another talented QB that can extend plays with his feet until BV makes him so uncomfortable that he does what all the rest of them do, and that's to start screwing up and turning the ball over....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 10:41 PM

We hired Dabo and his staff to do my worrying. I imagine they will leave no leaf unturned in their effort to do all in their power to derail the Buckeyes.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 10:46 PM

No you are not! I'm thinking 56-10 and I am confident in this prediction.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2019, 9:04 PM

It’s Ryan Day’s job to worry about OSU.

I don't know any Clemson fan that is worried***

Dec 14, 2019, 9:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic