Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one bothered by a Monday game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Am I the only one bothered by a Monday game?

Jan 2, 2019, 7:45 AM

330am wakeup Tuesday for work. 13 and 10 yr old who have school on Tuesday can't watch. College football meant to be played on Saturday.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am I the only one bothered by a Monday game?

Jan 2, 2019, 7:47 AM

Yes. You are the only one bothered. National Championship games can be played on whatever day of the week they want. It's once a year. I'll make room - especially if my team is going to be participating.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 7:47 AM

Nope, it sucked last year having to get up and go to work. But, I retired this last May and it doesn't matter.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

You are not the only one. I don’t have to get up at 330,

Jan 2, 2019, 7:48 AM

But otherwise I’ll let my son stay up and I will too. Since I’m on CST, at least it will be over before midnight. But yes, Saturday would be more convenient.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 7:54 AM

Not really. I just retired, but even if I were still working, I'd just use a sick day Monday!
(I was working 3rd).

Jan 2, 2019, 8:04 AM

No, you aren't the only one I understand the marketing reasons but from a selfish point of view I am bothered. . I'm a working man and have to get up early for a long day. Of course I"ll be watching, but yes, man I love afternoon games. I'd love to have a 4:00 Saturday game like our last one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 8:45 AM

The wife commented on this as well. NFL playoffs likely played a part beyond ESpin. I am OK because of an academic break before second semester, but the game will be just fine.

Safe travels to those attending.

Go Tigers ??!!

Jan 2, 2019, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one bothered by a Monday game? ]

The wife commented on this as well. NFL playoffs likely played a part beyond ESpin. I am OK because of an academic break before second semester, but the game will be just fine.

Safe travels to those attending.

Go Tigers ??!!

Jan 2, 2019, 8:34 AM

Like a number of people on this board, I also am retired, so it doesn’t matter to me. But for the younger ones this just is wrong. Been saying for years that the young don’t understand what a Baseball World Series means. The first pitches are 8:30-9:00. There again, doesn’t matter to me, quit watching pro sports about 20 years ago. Who does Watson play for? Saturday for college football games and day games over night. But like I said, I’m retired and don’t give a rat’s poster.

Why can't your kids watch?***

Jan 2, 2019, 8:58 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would much rather it be held on a Saturday

Jan 2, 2019, 9:08 AM

I will let my 10-yr old stay up and watch it, and will probably let him go to school late on Tuesday morning so he can sleep in a little. However, if it's close the game will likely end after midnight and he won't make it through the entire game anyway. I love watching Clemson football with him so I wish it were earlier and on a Saturday.

As for me, I'll stay up and watch it and start working late on Tuesday...so I'm good to go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic