Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I need someone with more football knowledge than I
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,455

I need someone with more football knowledge than I

Dec 30, 2018, 4:50 PM

to explain something to me. When Kendrick fumbled the ball on the ND kickoff, #83 of ND, going around the pile, went out of bounds unimpeded before he came in and recovered the ball. Why was that not illegal touching? I know it worked out for us, but it seems even if the ball didn't go out of bounds, there should have been a flag and Clemson would retain the ball. I didn't hear the announcers or anyone else mention it, so I figured the illegal touching might not apply on a turnover. Is that the case?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Although that's what it seemed I saw...

Dec 30, 2018, 4:53 PM

I'm not sure the booth could make that call since it wasn't called on the field. Some calls can't be made unless they are made on the field. Perhaps someone who knows the rules could ring in on this issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I need someone with more football knowledge than I

Dec 30, 2018, 5:21 PM

He established himself back inbounds before the touched the ball, similar to a basketball player.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 5:27 PM

Great observation skills and great question. When receivers go out of bounds with no contact from opponent, they are ineligible to receive the ball. With w=everyone focused on Kendrick's screw-up, you observed more than 99% of viewers and TV producers he tell the talking heads what to say.

Suggest you send in to referee forum ... impressed by your post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 5:34 PM

I am pretty sure one of the announcers did mention it. I also assume sense the ball went out of bounds that the play was dead so there could not be a penalty for illegal touching.
The egregious forward progress call was much worse

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,455
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic