Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why did we quit recruiting James Robinson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Why did we quit recruiting James Robinson?

Jun 15, 2016, 2:41 PM

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why did we quit recruiting James Robinson?

Jun 15, 2016, 2:42 PM

Character issues.

Also heard that his handler is asking schools for money

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't really know, but was serious enough

Jun 15, 2016, 2:46 PM

for Clemson and FSU to back off. Florida has half way backed off. BUT, Ohio State and Bama have stepped their efforts. LOL

I've never heard of fsu backing off of any recruits since

Jun 15, 2016, 2:48 PM

jimbo has been there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

red flags

Jun 15, 2016, 2:49 PM

they are growing more evident in his recruitment. not sure what they are exactly but enough of red flags for FSU to move on is telling. Florida is also moving away some as well. He could still end up at Florida, but Ohio St could be where he ends up.

Re: red flags

Jun 15, 2016, 3:04 PM

O$U ain't $cared

Ole Mi$$ isn't scared neither.....

Jun 15, 2016, 3:24 PM

If a recruit wants some money Ole Mi$$ swoops in to save the day......

BOOM!***

Jun 15, 2016, 4:05 PM

Where does it say we have stopped recruiting him?***

Jun 15, 2016, 4:10 PM

Everywhere. It is pretty well known.

Jun 15, 2016, 4:20 PM

Dabo shuts down a recruitment if he gets good word of character issues.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Can you post a link, I can't seem to find that anywhere.***

Jun 15, 2016, 4:24 PM

Lol. There's not like a public statement where Clemson backs off of JR.

Jun 15, 2016, 4:32 PM

We just slowed down on conversations and tweeting him. We also didn't push for him to come to camp. That's pretty telling.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Hmmm nothing on these alleged character

Jun 15, 2016, 4:38 PM

issues either. Sounds like he just chose a different school.

It's ok, we will take the kids that are all in on Clemson. Just because a kid picks another school doesn't mean we need to make up reasons why. We have a ton of great recruits, losing a couple is no big deal. Happens to every school.

Coot doesn't have a clue

Jun 15, 2016, 4:45 PM

FSU backed off of him for teh same issues. Florida is backing off and he was as close to alock for them as one could be after Clemson backed off.

Hurt the Coots though. Clemson backs off of Robinson and Ortre Smith will commit to Clemson on Friday ,as he was the replacement.

Coot doesn't have a clue

Jun 15, 2016, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Hmmm nothing on these alleged character ]

FSU backed off of him for the same issues. Florida is backing off and he was as close to alock for them as one could be after Clemson backed off.

Hurt the Coots though. Clemson backs off of Robinson and Ortre Smith will commit to Clemson on Friday ,as he was the replacement.

Re: Hmmm nothing on these alleged character

Jun 15, 2016, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Hmmm nothing on these alleged character ]

Ha-ha, you say "we" when talking about Clemson like we are all clueless. You are not fooling anyone on this site, it's very obvious you're a coot troll. You love bashing you some Clemson when you post, every time.

Larry Williams said Clemson had backed off of Robinson

Jun 15, 2016, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Lol. There's not like a public statement where Clemson backs off of JR. ]

weeks(bout 4-6) ago on Mickey's show.

Here ya go, found a link

Jun 15, 2016, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Can you post a link, I can't seem to find that anywhere.*** ]

Any Clemson fan knows that we've zeroed in on Tee Higgins and OrTre Smith. Additionally, we've stayed in contact with Jerry Jeudy, who is probably the most underrated WR in this class, and Nico Collins has been interested in us from the start.

"Also to clarify, we have decided not to recruit 5* WR James Robinson and move completely to OrTre. We knew about James Robinson's red flags going in, but the flags continued to wave in the coaches faces. Don't need to delve into specifics, but Florida State wouldn't even recruit him. Florida is the leader, but even they are waffling on the decision. This hasn't kept Ohio State and Bama from offering. We shall see where he ends up. It is a bummer because he is a really great player, just needs to improve his hands some."

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2016/6/13/11901424/clemson-recruiting-college-football-malik-herring-georgia-bulldogs-alabama-dabo-swinney

Haha do you really consider a fan written article a source?

Jun 15, 2016, 7:10 PM

You must believe everything you read on the Internet is true..

Also that article is way after he switched his leader

Jun 15, 2016, 7:11 PM

from us to Florida.

Who's this us U speak about Tonto ?

Jun 15, 2016, 8:24 PM

Are all Coots as dumb as U are ? The article wasn't written the DAY that Clemson backed off of him. Yet,he did change his leader after he knew that BOTH Clemson and FSU had backed off of him. U see ,the schools didn't hold a presser,they informed the kid.Now that Florida is waffling,his leader will change again.

As A Coot ,you'd be best worried about your number one recruit.Word is, Shi is headed to Spartanburg. No love lost between Miller and Bentley. Miller practically laughed those guys out of the place when the stopped by to see Feaster. Shi will be Wolfpack bound before USuC finishes their losing season.

So why should I believe we backed off him?

Jun 15, 2016, 9:14 PM

Only thing I see is that he changed his #1. On the recruiting sites I've checked Clemson is still an option for him. Why should I believe that the coaches stopped recruiting him, the only "evidence" is message board posts that just seem like excuses for not getting him.

Re: So why should I believe we backed off him?

Jun 15, 2016, 9:45 PM

Coot, it's ok. You've been defeated, admit it and move on. If Bry said we stopped recruiting the kid, then that's what happened. End of discussion.

Who cares what U believe ?

Jun 15, 2016, 10:08 PM [ in reply to So why should I believe we backed off him? ]

Clemson has backed off and moved onto Ortre Smith. As far as admitting recruits choose someone else, when that's the case,it's freely admitted,not so much when it's not the case.Bud Robinson chose Florida over Clemson,M North chose Tennessee over Clemson,Gary chose Michigan over Clemson,Cook chose FSU over Clemson. I could name quite a few athletes that chose another school over Clemson.It happens all the time in recruiting.

"Excuses why we didn't get him." ?????

Jun 15, 2016, 10:22 PM [ in reply to So why should I believe we backed off him? ]

Really man? You realize these 247.com predictions aren't always up-to-date, right? Point of reference: did't they pick Sammy and Spiller to FL? Cain and McCloud to anywhere but Clemson? Deshaun to UGA but at the last minute they predicted him to Auburn... Those are the know it all pundits you refer to? And when somebody commits they change their predictions 'suddenly' as if to appear they are correct.

Furthermore we invite the folks we are seriously looking at to camp. If he is absent then it's very telling more often than not.

Besides, if we land Tee Higgins or OrTre Smith- did we really lose out?! (NO!!!) But you kewts keep thinking stealing one from UMass or Coastal is gonna get you on the right path. Problem is you get envious and bring it here.

Look, I'm sorry if your yardbirds are stinking up the recruiting trail but do not pretend like we flat out 'lost out on JR.' Cause that ain't true. If so, YOU PROVE IT TO ME. It's no different than 2017 WR JT Cauthen in that we quit our 'full court press pursuit' as we approached other avenues; ie Tee Higgins and OrTre.

So please, take your 'we lost out on _____' to FGF. Where it belongs. We've already given you a proper answer. I can't help you any further with comprehension skills.

I cannot spell things out any clearer. Somebody got a pie chart? ;)

I do know that 247 recently had a receiver as an 80% to the

Jun 16, 2016, 8:25 AM

Coots and he promptly picked Maryland.........

Re: I do know that 247 recently had a receiver as an 80% to the

Jun 16, 2016, 10:08 AM

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2016/6/13/11901424/clemson-recruiting-college-football-malik-herring-georgia-bulldogs-alabama-dabo-swinney

Article with the info bc if they put it in an Internet article then it must be true. I find posters actually have more truthful info bc they don't have an agenda to fulfill like most article writers. Too bad though, hard to believe he can't get it worked out by signing day. Clearly not an issue of playing ability. Red flags can mean a lot of things, nagging injuries, wants early playing time etc.

Re: So why should I believe we backed off him?

Jun 15, 2016, 11:30 PM [ in reply to So why should I believe we backed off him? ]

No need to make an excuse. We are WRU. Great WRs would love to come to Clemson. We have plenty to choose from. We just choose good young men and obviously something is up with him.

Re: Haha do you really consider a fan written article a source?

Jun 15, 2016, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Haha do you really consider a fan written article a source? ]

Just own it, LOL

You aren't picking up on this, are you?

Jun 15, 2016, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Haha do you really consider a fan written article a source? ]

We all know what the deal is. No need for a publication to bash a kid and they won't. There have been only few times that the media turns on a kid- one example being Darnell Solomon and Miss St's Jeffery Simmons. If you steal or hit a woman they'll get after ya but if it's academic related then they'll hold off.

Get it yet? And why are you concerned about our recruits? Don't you FGF people have a two-star prospect you should be focused on.

tell em

Jun 15, 2016, 8:20 PM

Bry

Coots gonna coot

Re: Haha do you really consider a fan written article a source?

Jun 15, 2016, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Haha do you really consider a fan written article a source? ]

Are you mentally challenged or just stupid?

Re: Why did we quit recruiting James Robinson?

Jun 15, 2016, 4:10 PM

CHARACTER ISSUES I HEAR.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Louisville is biding its time ...

Jun 16, 2016, 10:48 AM

...figuring they'll get him after he gets tossed from wherever he signs.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic