Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Orlando Sentinel: Clemson, who's your ACC daddy?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

Football Update: Orlando Sentinel: Clemson, who's your ACC daddy?

Aug 23, 2013, 9:14 AM

Orlando Sentinel: Clemson, who's your ACC daddy?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Climpson? Really?

Aug 23, 2013, 9:15 AM

I'm sure that being able to phonetically spell something close to the actual word will get you a PhD at Free Shoes, but this is just stupid.

Re: You guys should feel honored to be on Bianchi's radar.

Aug 23, 2013, 9:57 PM

He's not a FSU guy (He actually graduate from Florida), but his specialty is getting under sports fans' skins, including UF, FSU, UCF and UGA.

Take as a badge of honor.

Email sent...***

Aug 24, 2013, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Climpson? Really? ]

lederhosen.***

Aug 23, 2013, 9:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a tool

Aug 23, 2013, 9:21 AM

I'm ok with homers, but that is a little extreme for a " professional" writer

Local newspapers aren't about selling news anymore,

Aug 23, 2013, 9:30 AM

they're about selling news papers. Sports journalism is mostly about PR pieces appealing to the local fan base. You think Ron Morris is going to write anything negative ever again about Spurrier? Not while the The State is desperate to hold on to what few readers they have left he won't.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News was once about news? I think you

Aug 23, 2013, 9:52 AM

are kidding yourself there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Orlando Sentinel: Clemson, who's your ACC daddy?

Aug 23, 2013, 9:25 AM

This idiot is just trying to make all the 'noles love him. He grasping at straws to give them hope for this season because the tide has turned in the ACC and they know it. If Clemson's defense hadn't stumbled in that game the tigers were on track to run them out of their own stadium. Their conference championship was won against a team that almost had a losing record and they still didn't have an easy time winning it. Wake up and smell the ORANGE Kool-Aid FSU, the 90s are over. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a hack

Aug 23, 2013, 9:26 AM

when did this blogger get the attention of the Orlando paper, surely he isn't on staff?!?

Hey homie, you like to point out that the only recent ACC title we won ended up with us getting embarrased by WVU. Guess who we beat on the way to our ACC championship. Your Noles.

What an idiot.

Oh yeah, 6-4 against the Noles last 10 years, whom is

Aug 23, 2013, 9:32 AM

whose daddy?

Climpson? There's no chance that this guy is a legit

Aug 23, 2013, 9:28 AM

journalist. He sounds like your run of the mill, immature, message board troll.

He previously worked in the Florida penal system.***

Aug 23, 2013, 9:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also known as the FSU Athletic Department***

Aug 23, 2013, 10:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Love it.

Aug 23, 2013, 9:29 AM

This is what a legitimate intra-conference rivalry looks like.

Over the past 12 years, the series is tied. Yeah they

Aug 23, 2013, 9:31 AM

sure own us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

We hung 37 points on their precious defense in their house!

Aug 23, 2013, 9:32 AM

we had them on the ropes with (at that time) our suspect defense. If we had played them later in the same year, we would have finished the job. It takes time to change a system, whether offense or defense. We were a different team defensively in the 2nd half of the year.....just ask LSU. They need to worry more about NCSU than us. Once again, they are dreaming of days past. Dream on Semiholes!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

And does NFL draft losses mean anything to them?

Aug 23, 2013, 9:33 AM

we will see in October!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Did Gamecock Seminole write that....***

Aug 23, 2013, 9:36 AM

Since it's preseason and everybody's opinion is no more...

Aug 23, 2013, 9:36 AM

than idle speculation I'll say this. I've had as much idle time to consider our football team as anyone on the planet.

I believe Clemson is real. I've not called for a MNC this year because I don't know enough about anyone else. I'll say that we are better this year than last and we'll be better next year than this.

I haven't consider this year's FSU squad but I'll say this.

FSU's has become one of the elite teams. They moved up in the over rated category and now compete for the honor of the most over rated team ever with the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Noter Dame, USC and Tejus.

I'm thankful for them taking some of the heat off Clemson in this competition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh good grief, here we go with the SEC again***

Aug 23, 2013, 9:37 AM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Aug 23, 2013, 9:40 AM

Is there a way this article could get to any of our coaches or players, just in case none of our team has seen or read this. It has fired me up and I'm not a player. So surely it should FIRE UP the one's that do play the game. Then again, it could be just laughed at b/c the idiot writer didn't even know how to spell CLEMSON. And that just shows he knows nothing about Clemson Football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So this is what passes for jounalism today ?

Aug 23, 2013, 9:40 AM

No wonder the print media is dying. Grantland Rice must be flipping in his grave.

I never have liked the "daddy" thing.

Aug 23, 2013, 9:41 AM

"We dominate you"...sure. "We own you"...OK. "We are your daddy"...huh?

The last FSU QB to win in Death Valley is 32 years old.

Aug 23, 2013, 9:43 AM

that is all.

THIS is why the FSU game is bigger than some believe this

Aug 23, 2013, 9:44 AM

year. Their young winning tradition at FSU (1990's going forward) can not match our older tradition of winning from the 1900's. They are the son to anything Clemson has done in 100+ years.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this really in a newspaper?

Aug 23, 2013, 9:51 AM

Not only does he make a complete fool of himself by writing "climpson" but he makes it even worse by saying that FSU is Clemson's "daddy" in the ACC because they've won the ACC once in 7 years?

On top of that, his argument as of why FSU will win the ACC again for the next 3 years is because last year they proved they were ready to dominate like they did in the 90's(wut?) Did he not watch the ACC championship game against GT, who had a sub par year and fired their DC, and who was like 3rd place in the coastal (due to Miami and UNC not being eligible)

Sure they won a BCS game, but against who again?

And all this while last years team was a more talented team, now they replace all that talent on defense, plus their QB (who Jimbo still hasn't named who will start) Not to mention like half of their coaching staff.

I agree with everything you said except one thing...

Aug 23, 2013, 10:10 AM

Their defense is just as talented this year.

Re: I agree with everything you said except one thing...

Aug 23, 2013, 11:35 AM

Not

FSU is 3 - 5 against Clemson in the last eight meetings

Aug 23, 2013, 10:13 AM

See you in October when it will become 3 - 6

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

How do idiots like this get hired?

Aug 23, 2013, 10:25 AM

And more importantly, how did the editor allow this extremely biased article to be published?

null

It's from Orlando I expect it to be biased. What's shocking

Aug 23, 2013, 10:28 AM

is how unprofessional it is.

Aug 23, 2013, 10:52 AM

This article made me furious. I made sure I let this "writer" know how I felt about him. Here is my response on their website:

"It looks as if the Orlando Sentinel needs to re-evaluate requirements to become one of their writers because apparently, as it looks now, you can be completely naive and flat our stupid to write for them. Now unlike you I have respect for my team’s opponents. I think FSU is a great program and I think Jimbo Fisher has done a great job at bringing them back from the dead. However, Dabo has done the same thing with Clemson. I wish I could see how dumb and pitiful you look when the clock strikes 0 in Death Valley as Clemson makes you eat your words and beats FSU. Yes they are the defending conference champs but so were we two years ago. FSU hasn’t beaten Clemson in Death Valley since 2001. Clemson put up 37 points against that “#2” Defense a year ago at FSU and Clemson’s offense should be even more explosive this year. Good luck with that after losing key starters on Defense. Again unlike your arrogant and ignorant self, I still respect FSU because they have a great program in place and they are on the rise. But for you to think Clemson doesn’t deserve the attention they are getting makes you, in my opinion, S T U P I D. One last thing, it’s CLEMSON………I noticed you had some spelling errors in your “story”, you must be the cream of the crop when it comes to writers."

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2013, 10:52 AM

Yeah, somebody should really remind this guy we have won six of the last ten and FIVE straight in the valley! Who owns who?

It's kind of sad, really....

Aug 23, 2013, 11:05 AM

I remember when the Sentinel was a solid sports paper, and an editor would have thrown this dreck back to the writer to back up what he was saying.

Alas, the rush for web hits now is such that they are eager to sacrifice their souls on the Internet altar.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet another reason i despise Free Shoes only a tiny bit less

Aug 23, 2013, 11:18 AM

than the Chickens. They were one of the dirtiest programs in the nation under Saint Bobby and underachieved even back then. Talk about living in past glory.....FSU has been loaded with talent ever since the '80's and ALWAYS lost games they had no business losing. They were poorly coached under Bowden's staff for the most part and Bobby (i'm sure he's a good man personally) let his players run the asylum for years. Fisher is one of the most overrated coaches in the nation and they continue to churn out NFL talent while they underachieve on the field every year. An SEC team in the ACC? That's laughable...i'd love to see what Chad would have done with a stud like Manuel.....the size and agility that kid has with Chad's coaching? He'd have been a beast. Instead he was just like Thomas at Va Tech....lost in an offensive system that could have been unreal if it was coached up properly. This article is laughable and more ammo for us when we wipe the floor with them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2013, 11:33 AM

Whatever you bunch of homers and homos. FSU were lucky they won last year. This year they will lose 3 games mark it down sunshine boy.

I can't believe this was actually published in a newspaper

Aug 23, 2013, 11:36 AM

This might be the worst sports "journalism" I've ever seen

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State is laughing at this***

Aug 23, 2013, 11:48 AM

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang this up the week before FSU comes to the Valley

Aug 23, 2013, 11:50 AM

Tigers gonna destroy FSU!!!

Aug 23, 2013, 11:56 AM

Author seems to have a lot of confidence in their brand new QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2013, 12:48 PM

This the type of idiotic fan statements one expects on tigernet or any other team site. A place where professionals in other areas in life can drop a line or two and comment on their expectations, thoughts, opinions, etc

Some uneducated idiotic fans say ridiculous things. The difference is this guy is supposed to be a professional journalist. The biggest hit to true journalism is the internet. Now anyone can be a blogger, get picked up by financially hemorrhaging newspapers and write a column. This is probably some FSU drop out who couldn't find a job and wrote a few pieces and got picked up by the local paper. What a hack

Aug 23, 2013, 12:58 PM

Funny and Delusional!

Aug 23, 2013, 12:58 PM

really why in the hell would you give this guy page hits....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Couldn't help myself. I sent an email to him and his editor

Aug 23, 2013, 1:36 PM

RE: Credibility Lost

I understand the article about Clemson University Football was a column, which by nature states an opinion; however, resorting to message board status by calling Clemson "Climpson" crosses the line into fanboy (fanatic) territory, and does not deserve a place in print media.

As you likely know, the term "fanatic," as defined by Webster's dictionary is "marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion." Your apparent blind love to FSU has indeed clouded your judgement. It will be difficult to read other articles from you without knowing that bias exists.

I don't see how anyone can take you seriously as a journalist after resorting to juvenile (Webster's definition: "reflecting psychological or intellectual immaturity") arguments and name calling that is congruous to a 15-year-old fan on a message board, not an apparently grown man.

It is very sad indeed that this kind of useless drivel was even allowed to print in a reputable newspaper. I am quite frankly amazed in all bad ways.

"That the Tigers' Roar May Echo, O'er the mountain height."

Orlando Sentinal is a reputable newspaper??

Aug 23, 2013, 1:54 PM

No one that actually reads the sentinel (unless you are a flaming liberal) would consider it reputable.
Otherwise, I think your letter is excellent.

Keep sending your complaints...this is what

Aug 23, 2013, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Couldn't help myself. I sent an email to him and his editor ]

the paper and their sports department are wanting. Your belly aching sort of confirm their "holier than thou" article.

Keep sending your complaints...this is what

Aug 23, 2013, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Couldn't help myself. I sent an email to him and his editor ]

the paper and their sports department are wanting. Your belly aching sort of confirm their "holier than thou" article.

Beautifully (and accurately) stated***

Aug 25, 2013, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Couldn't help myself. I sent an email to him and his editor ]

haha

Aug 25, 2013, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Couldn't help myself. I sent an email to him and his editor ]

no
you
did
not

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ooou

Aug 23, 2013, 1:44 PM

Somebodies butt-hurt

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

It's what you would expect from a flaming liberal newspaper

Aug 23, 2013, 1:49 PM

We live in Orlando and my wife buys the sentinel on Sundays for the coupons. I find it is great for lining the bottom of our tiger cage and recycle bin.

Aug 23, 2013, 4:45 PM

Does he know FSU has not won in CLEMSON the last 5 trips. Does he know CLEMSON has had the must on the field success the last two years and is 5 and 5 against the mighty sec with dabo as the coach. 4 of the loses coming to one school and the other lose came to a team we have beat twice since. Our wins come against 4 different teams from the mighty sec SC,LSU,AUB, and KU. So forget about FSU and the sec. That Giant is wide awake now so get ready. Go tigers.

Really? We were 2-1 vs SEC last year. How about you? Suk it!***

Aug 23, 2013, 8:30 PM

Aug 23, 2013, 10:31 PM

Living in Orlando, I can assure you that Mike Bianchi is a certified idiot! What really surprises me is that he's a died-in-the-wool Gator. What's he doing hyping FSU?? Most of his columns are crap, so this is no exception.

ACC Championships

Aug 23, 2013, 11:54 PM

Clemson 14
F S Who 12
Yo F S who!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHO'S YOUR DADDY??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE TOO DEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FSU = SEC-esque?

Aug 24, 2013, 9:01 AM

Really not where you would want to be classified FSU, if you're playing Clemson,... we BEAT SEC-esque, as well as SEC schools!
Also,... Never believe you guys have a corner on the ACC championship. You were very lucky in the 90's that Clemson was stupid enough to fire the best coach we've ever had. That's the ONLY reason the Bowden name became what it became, and the ONLY reason you won those championships.
There's a new sheriff in town and his name is Dabo. Enjoy your past success FSU, but don't expect what happened in the 90's to be repeated.

Aug 24, 2013, 9:50 AM

Suprised this garbage wasnt wrote in crayon

Re: Football Update: Orlando Sentinel: Clemson, who's your ACC daddy?***

Aug 25, 2013, 3:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic