Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Marcquise Reed visits Clemson, sets decision date
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: Marcquise Reed visits Clemson, sets decision date

May 10, 2015, 2:01 PM

Marcquise Reed visits Clemson, sets decision date

Former Robert Morris guard Marcquise Reed visited Clemson Saturday, spending time with Clemson coaches and players. What does he say about the visit? Photo by Bob Donnan / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw the Robert Morris game this year...

May 10, 2015, 2:16 PM

and kept looking at this kid. He was dynamic, and stood out as the most impressive player on either team, in terms of pure basketball talent. It was raw, but he jumped off the floor in person. It would be a huge get if he came our way.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How good was he on defense?

May 10, 2015, 3:29 PM

Because that's all that really matters. ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

This would be huge...

May 10, 2015, 4:10 PM

Played great games against the high major teams he played this past season as a frosh including ACC squads Duke, UNC, and us. A lot of teams were looking his way but it was big getting in his last four. I think we have great chance after getting last visit. Here is his twitter account to keep up with on Monday:

https://mobile.twitter.com/QuiseOffDaLeash

Also check out...

May 10, 2015, 4:14 PM

The First Four win highlights in NCAAT over a decent North Florida. He was fantastic late in that game where he scored 19 pts for game. From this and other highlights I've seen, his floater is lethal:

http://www.ncaa.com/video/basketball-men/2015-03-18/mbk-103-robert-morris-north-florida-first-four

If I judge by his retweets

May 10, 2015, 10:26 PM [ in reply to This would be huge... ]

I like our chances

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saw the Robert Morris game this year...

May 10, 2015, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Saw the Robert Morris game this year... ]

Hope this young man considers coming to Clemson. We can use good talent.

Anyone know the full list of his final schools?

May 10, 2015, 4:46 PM

I remember UMass but forget the others. Searching this site isn't as easy as it used to be.

If it comes down to "style of play" and coaches, does that put us in a good position? Certainly he'd be a go to guy here.

Re: Anyone know the full list of his final schools?

May 10, 2015, 4:49 PM

Tulsa, Southern Cal, UMass and us.

Not so much competition

May 10, 2015, 5:18 PM

SoCal especially has been horrible for a while. Tulsa is so-so aren't they? UMass is still trying to find the glory from 5 or 10 years ago.

Don't know about the "style" and "coaches" fit. But I think we might have a decent shot. Is that about right?

Re: Not so much competition

May 10, 2015, 7:43 PM

We have a very good shot solely based on the fact that we were stuck with his last visit, but he still chose to take it. He could've committed elsewhere and just not taken his other visits (like Tarrant from Alabama who committed to Memphis), but he still wanted to come visit. Now having last visit seems like a huge advantage because hopefully we left a great impression last after everyone else.

Tulsa was solid last year, and Frank Haith might be pulling some strings to try and get better recruits. But hopefully the ACC and a brand new arena in his first year are attractive to Marcquise.

US Mass being the real deal was more like 15-2- years ago...

May 10, 2015, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Not so much competition ]

I think we may have a good chance with this kid. Does he have to sit out a year or can he play right away?

I meant to write 15 to 20 years ago*****

May 10, 2015, 8:43 PM

nm

Re: US Mass being the real deal was more like 15-2- years ago...

May 10, 2015, 11:24 PM [ in reply to US Mass being the real deal was more like 15-2- years ago... ]

He'll have to sit out a year along with the other guard.

Re: New Story: Marcquise Reed visits Clemson, sets decision date

May 10, 2015, 9:03 PM

I met his uncle and a couple of his friends at Mellow Mushroom before the game here last year. They all looked like NFL players, but were very cordial. That made me watch this guy more closely and he was very impressive. Sure hope we get him tomorrow.

Re: New Story: Marcquise Reed visits Clemson, sets decision date

May 11, 2015, 8:41 AM

the only team he retweets about most is Clemson and a couple from UMASS and none from the other schools it seems

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic