Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don’t normally agree w Greg McElroy but he is spot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 3,242

Don’t normally agree w Greg McElroy but he is spot

Jan 14, 2020, 8:21 AM

on this morning w regards to our offense last night. The throws we asked TL to make last night were awful in terms of probability. I get that Tee and Ross are creatures but we can’t live on all balls being 50/50 or back shoulder throws.

Seems like there was no creativity to our route running after the initial 15 scripted plays. This has kind of been a problem all year but we were just better than the ACC. Last two games vs elite secondary we struggled w passing game.

I trust Elliot and Dabo will figure this out in off season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don’t normally agree w Greg McElroy but he is spot

Jan 14, 2020, 8:42 AM

Ross and Higgins aren't great route runners anyway. They rarely create separation on DBs with similar athleticism. There's a reason Higgins has to catch so many 50/50 balls, and it's because he can't create separation

Jan 14, 2020, 8:47 AM

Read Treavor's comments. Talked to our High School coach and he saw same thing I did. TL wasn't stepping into his throws last night and when you throw off your back foot the ball sails...

Jan 14, 2020, 8:50 AM

Read Treavor's comments. Talked to our High School coach and he saw same thing I did. TL wasn't stepping into his throws last night and when you throw off your back foot the ball sails...

Good observation. They got Trevor uncomfortable and he let his mechanics breakdown. Something to learn from I guess.

Also, Burrow and his receivers made those kinds of throws

Jan 14, 2020, 9:52 AM

and catches. With defenders draped all over them. We didn't make those kinds of thread the needle throws. Hard to stop an offense hitting like they were but all you can do is keep up. We couldn't.

Replies: 4
| visibility 3,242
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic