Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Writing a letter to the ticket office to improve system
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 2,376

Writing a letter to the ticket office to improve system

Oct 11, 2013, 1:43 PM

If you are a Clemson student and have a suggestion on how to improve the student ticket distribution system, or have a complaint about the way it is currently run, please let me know. I am writing a letter to give to the ticket office in hopes that we can improve the terrible system that we have. I camped out (in a tent of 15 people, not 40) for 11 days and got tickets worse than many people who didn't camp out at all and hopped in line today. Many things need improvement including tent capacity limit and a way to monitor the lines, please provide thoughts, suggestions, complaints. Thanks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've said for years the best way to do this is to

Oct 11, 2013, 1:45 PM

do a "ticket drop" just like Les's "turkey drop" on WKRP

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Writing a letter to the ticket office to improve system

Oct 11, 2013, 1:49 PM

In my three years of being iptay cc member I never had a problem getting hill or lower deck tickets

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I am iptay as well, still many problems with the system***

Oct 11, 2013, 1:51 PM

Alumni now, but I feel like they should sell student season

Oct 11, 2013, 2:01 PM

Tickets. A few schools do this. You can get your tickets like you do now. Or during the summer you can buy season tickets in the student section for less than $100. Same seat every week. You can arrange to sit with your friends. You have your ticket on a plastic card or even you CUID. Give priority based on class.

Good idea, ppl with no class shouldn't get priority.***

Oct 11, 2013, 2:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"hopped in line"...that's the problem...***

Oct 11, 2013, 2:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

yep, dont think i would've taken very kindly to people

Oct 11, 2013, 2:19 PM

hopping in line. Heck last week I called a guy out for jumping in front me waiting on an elevator at the usuc game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

question here that begs to be asked- why were you at the

Oct 11, 2013, 2:52 PM

usuc game ? that someone was not honest, gentlemanly, good sport, etc. at that venue was not surprising, at least to EVERYONE besides usuc fans.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

two words - my wife***

Oct 11, 2013, 2:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Well what if that person had been camping all week and just

Oct 11, 2013, 2:46 PM [ in reply to "hopped in line"...that's the problem...*** ]

got back from class?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sounds like he's whining his group of people was too late

Oct 11, 2013, 4:29 PM

to start camping then...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

My group was the 14th tent in line

Oct 11, 2013, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Well what if that person had been camping all week and just ]

We had no problems getting our tickets and everyone together. Not everyone can be in the tent at the same time all the time for obvious reasons

TOO MUCH BLOCK SEATING!!!***

Oct 11, 2013, 2:21 PM

When I was there

Oct 11, 2013, 2:22 PM

Never had a single issue getting tickets to any games and wasn't always in IPTAY cc sorry to say. Student base has increased much.

They used to ask if we wanted hill or Upper deck.

Also.

Oct 11, 2013, 2:24 PM

Bigger problem is the Greek seats. Many show up at halftime and leave before 4th quarter. If they are sober enough to even make the game. Waste of good seats in my opinion.

And they rarely wear orange anyway, you can spot

Oct 11, 2013, 2:56 PM

the greek blocks from anywhere in the stadium

Re: Also.

Oct 11, 2013, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Also. ]

Greek blocks are such a waste. Most of them end up staggering over to the hill to socialize for a while, and then they leave. That is, if they even make it into the game in the first place.

They should do it online.

Oct 11, 2013, 2:32 PM

Easy solution. There is no excuse for students not to be able to go online select/purchase their tickets like everyone else can.

Set priority by class, and by points for attending (and staying) at all athletic events. It could easily be done by the barcode on the student IDs and you would have a way to track the students who don't go to every game or who leave early, say 2 points for coming to the event and 2 for scanning when it's over if they choose to.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

How exactly do you document and enforce people to stay?***

Oct 11, 2013, 2:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How exactly do you document and enforce people to stay?***

Oct 11, 2013, 2:51 PM

You don't force anyone to do anything. Where did you get that idea? You simply set up a card reader or scanner near the end of the game and any student who stayed and would like their additional points can go by and swipe on the way out.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

The only realy problem with student tickets is the block

Oct 11, 2013, 2:43 PM

seating.

Clubs and Greeks get the best seats in the house, just because, and many don't even show up. If they want to have block seating, fine. Give it to them in the upper deck.

out of curiousity

Oct 11, 2013, 2:50 PM

where are you seats versus the seats of the people that hopped in line?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Hill vs. Lower Deck first 20 rows***

Oct 11, 2013, 2:56 PM

just wondering

Oct 11, 2013, 3:01 PM

I used to camp/wait in line a lot and I'd get frustrated with large crowds grabbing up seats. Another thing I noticed is that different windows had different groups of tickets and you just got what you got.

Enjoy the game. Seriously. It won't matter where you are sitting as long as you are with your friends, in Death Valley, making noise!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Students should be moved to the corners of Top Deck North.

Oct 11, 2013, 3:16 PM

Those areas are always empty. Let us donors have your seats you don't appreciate !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2013, 3:19 PM

I've already sent them an email today. They really need to do something about limiting the size of tent groups. Also, I wish they would make it a rule that if you aren't with your tent group promptly at 7:30 when distribution starts, you can't hop in line in front of hundreds of others who have been patiently waiting since 5:00am.

Student seating

Oct 11, 2013, 3:29 PM

Why do Greek get priority

Remove seat numbers from Student tickets.

Oct 11, 2013, 3:34 PM

First in the gate gets the best seat.

Oct 11, 2013, 4:16 PM

Student fan base has increased obviously.

But I was in school from 2005-2008 seasons. From what I saw, camping started for football tickets hardcore for the Alabama game in 2008.

We camped out for tickets for one game previously, Scar in 2006. It wasn't necessary, we mainly did it for the fun.

I was a freshman in 2005. For the FSU game, we were able to round up a lot of CUID numbers of people not going, got around 12 extra hill tickets (as a freshman) and sold them. Back then, you asked for hill and they would give it to you. That changed before I left school, but it prevented all this need for camping out, monitoring lines, handing out numbers etc.

I agree that camping out just introduces a way for late-comers to wiggle in ahead of you, whereas for us, hardly anyone camped out early on and you just walked up and got a ticket.

Are you talking about IPTAY or normal student distribution? I never had an issue with normal student distro, especially as an upperclassman. Although the hill was my preference, and actual seating in the student section normally went to mostly IPTAY distro.

I'm genuinely curious about how it's done now, as it changed drastically just in the years I was there. But by the time I was a junior/senior, we got priority anyways and it was no problem (no camping except for Bama game).

Oct 11, 2013, 4:21 PM

To expand on my previous post:

I really don't have much experience with IPTAY distribution. I was always a member, but as I said, it was much easier to get tickets from normal student distro, week of the game.

Also, for the Bama camp-out: at some point in the morning or late night before (not sure when), they walked through the line and handed out wristbands, or numbers or something. It's a little fuzzy: Esso Club was still having their summer drink specials. But essentially, this helped prevent line jumping. Although if they aren't numbered, you can move from the back towards the front and get better seats maybe.

My advice if it's still available: get a season date ticket for the hill at the start of the year. It will get you a full season's worth of tickets for you and an extra set (for a friend or you can sell). You will make your money back easy peezy.

Oct 11, 2013, 4:43 PM

The wristbands would really help if they still did that. This year the season date tickets sold out within 24 hours, and my understanding was you would get a card or something saying that you had paid for it, but you still had to wait in line on distribution days to get the actual ticket.

Greeks don't get priority.

Oct 11, 2013, 4:26 PM

Block seating is open to student organizations, and it isn't hard to set one up. Don't moan and complain about block seating being unfair when it's easy to get for any student involved in clubs on campus. I had block seating all three years at Clemson that way. Also each block group gets rotated into the top deck a few times per season.

Replies: 32
| visibility 2,376
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic