Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Brian Dawkins Clemson highlights
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Brian Dawkins Clemson highlights

May 10, 2018, 9:11 PM

WATCH: Brian Dawkins Clemson highlights

Video Description: Former Clemson All-American Brian Dawkins is one of the most feared defensive backs in ACC history. The 3-time All-ACC selection was an enfor Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone needs to come 7p with the footage from the Senior Bowl or Blue Gray

May 10, 2018, 10:44 PM

I have never seen the highlights from that game. I've talked to quite a few people over the years about Dawk being the gunner and completely wrecking guys that were too stupid to move out of the way of that freight train. If I am not mistaken he knocked 2 completely out and cracked the helmet of a 3rd. He litreally raised his draft status by playing in that game. I would love to see it again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surprised that XP block was put on there

May 11, 2018, 7:54 AM

FSU got all the breaks back then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At 1:30 he's returning a blocked kick. Did he get a

May 11, 2018, 7:55 AM

TD or did that guy catch him?

Re: At 1:30 he's returning a blocked kick. Did he get a

May 11, 2018, 10:06 AM

I'm sure the guy caught him.. or it'd shown the play in completion.. but, it would've only been a 2pt conversion since it was on the PAT.

The FSU holder tackled him inside the

May 14, 2018, 8:10 AM

10 yard line.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Brian Dawkins Clemson highlights

May 11, 2018, 7:56 AM

If the targeting rule would have been a Rule in the Dawk days at Clemson, he would have had to sit out a few games of his Clemson career bc Dawk would bring the pain!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Brian Dawkins Clemson highlights

May 11, 2018, 8:11 AM

yea really. I was just thinking that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That may be, but he wasn't leading with the crown of his

May 11, 2018, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Brian Dawkins Clemson highlights ]

helmet. He was keeping his head up and seeing what he hit, exactly the way guys SHOULD be taught now. You minimize the risk of injury to not only the other guy, but yourself, too. Somewhere along the way kids decided form tackling wasn't cool and leading with the crown of the helmet would inflict more pain or dislodge the ball. I've been in close proximity to a lot of football from youth to HS and I can't believe how few coaches teach proper tackling, and it's a hard habit to break when they move on to college and the pros. Head up, see what you hit, bring the wood, wrap up, and pull down.

As much as I loved Terry Kinard, he had nothing on Dawkins. Dawkins wrote the book on bringing the wood, but he was a ball hawk with good hands, too.

Alright, I'm fired the freak up now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 11, 2018, 2:13 PM

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alright, I'm fired the freak up now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 11, 2018, 11:34 PM

I was always hoping that when he retired from the NFL, soon afterwards he would end up at Clemson as a coach.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic