Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This has morphed in to an agenda
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

This has morphed in to an agenda

May 22, 2020, 12:11 PM

While I beleive what was done early on was the best course of action when we knew little about the virus, what is happening now is just over kill. Starting to really think the left is using it to push in UBI and Universal health care at this point in truth. CDC, no matter what one personally thinks about how they performed is still the go to group on guidance in the USA. Here is what they have to say on it. SO if we care to believe the scientists maybe one should stop screaming about opening up again. Numbers say .4% fatality rate overall which is roughly 4 times higher than normal flu, it just does not justify causing Great Depression 2.0 as better numbers have become available.Unless there is a motive under the surface.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/health/cdc-coronavirus-estimates-symptoms-deaths/index.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is overall mortality rate too

May 22, 2020, 12:15 PM

Re: That is overall mortality rate too

May 22, 2020, 12:22 PM

Yes, as the numbers and data have gotten better it does say that is the best course of action. Have not looked it up but I would say that old folks died from normal flu at much higher rates too as with Covid. So it probably skews to the same increases across the board.

Re: That is overall mortality rate too

May 22, 2020, 12:29 PM

The CDC is not an economic organization.

May 22, 2020, 12:35 PM

Their job is to talk about the virus and its potential impacts.

The President's responsibility is to weight that guidance against potential economic impacts.

No one at the CDC should be thinking about unemployment, Dow Jones, or GDP.

Re: The CDC is not an economic organization.

May 22, 2020, 12:39 PM

Nope, that was what I think based upon better numbers. Better numbers allow one to make better decisions. Bettter decisions will prevent Great Depression 2.0. Unless you actually want to be subservient to the Federal Government for your life.

Re: The CDC is not an economic organization.

May 22, 2020, 12:55 PM

Re: This has morphed in to an agenda

May 22, 2020, 12:37 PM

Whoa....SLOW DOWN here! We've got an economy to ruin and people's lives to decimate. We're trying to win a presidential ELECTION here!!!

Signed,

Tony "Big Pharma" Fauci and the Fraud Squad. (90% of the media and the DNC)

Welp, that's the dumbest post of the day.***

May 22, 2020, 3:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

May 22, 2020, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: This has morphed in to an agenda ]

secgrowa said:

Whoa....SLOW DOWN here! We've got an economy to ruin and people's lives to decimate. We're trying to win a presidential ELECTION here!!!

Signed,

Tony "Big Pharma" Fauci and the Fraud Squad. (90% of the media and the DNC)

You realize, of course, that the same actions taken in the U.S. are the same actions taken in every other country in the world that has been effected?

No sure that "Big Pharma" Fauci (who has worked in govt service his entire career) and the Fraud Squad, the DNC or the U.S. media have that kind of power in Spain, UK, Italy, Bulgaria, Belgium etc.

But it makes for a great conspiracy theory and lots of clicks for "Lying" Sean Hannity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only 35% of people have no symptoms, that's not good

May 22, 2020, 1:20 PM

Which makes their estimated death rate that much harder to figure out. I know in SC DHEC estimates 600% more people have it than have tested positive. If only 35% have no symptoms, then DHEC's numbers are WAY off. Far less estimated cases in total then, and consequently a much HIGHER death rate.

Based on real recorded numbers in SC, the overall hospitalization rate of recorded cases is 19%. Way off the CDC's charts. Even with 35% being asymptomatic and assuming they were not being tested. You also can't get down to that fatality rate in NYC, for example, just given the numbers, again assuming ONLY 35% of cases are asymptomatic.

Based on 35% being asymptomatic, you can't get to those numbers from what numbers we already have.

The low death rates are predicated on the assumption that there are many more people who have it without symptoms. 4, 5, 6, 10 people infected for every one positive tested, with symptoms. If one in 3 people are asymptomatic, that death rate climbs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is how I figured it

May 22, 2020, 1:41 PM

May 22, 2020, 3:54 PM

I'm no scientist, but how would the CDC know how many people had the virus if they were asymptomatic.

If you divide the identified virus deaths by the identified virus cases then you get a mortality rate of 6%.

If you increase the number of identified cases by 35%, that still leaves you with a mortality rate of 4.4 %

95,495 divided by 1,590,349 = 0.0600 or 6%

95,495 divided by 2,146,971.15 = 0.044 or 4.4%

I don't understand where they get .4%?

And no, I'm no doctor or good at maff.

May 22, 2020, 4:00 PM

May 22, 2020, 4:03 PM

Mortality does vary by age groups significantly.

I'm in the wrong age group.

The universe is out to get me over that thing that happened with that cat in 1962.

dammmit.

May 22, 2020, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: This has morphed in to an agenda ]

Hey, what happened to believe the scientists?

May 22, 2020, 4:59 PM

Tiger2Time said:

Hey, what happened to believe the scientists?

Of course you should believe scientists unless they have some political or monetary interest. I remember a professor of pulmonary medicine testifying before congress that 'cigarettes don't cause lung cancer' back when the great tobacco settlement was a thing. She was, of course, on the payroll of RJ Reynolds.

My post was merely a question on how they arrive at that conclusion. I asked that question because I'm not a scientist, just a humble servant of mankind. :)

(T3 explained it to me and gave me a good article on the topic. And I really do suck at math!)

Almost 1/4 (23.34%) of all closed cases of Covid19

May 22, 2020, 4:19 PM

in SC have ended in death.

*** Sorry, this stat is for the entire U.S.

Message was edited by: Smiling Tiger®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Where are you getting that from?***

May 22, 2020, 4:37 PM

Nvm I saw your edit

May 22, 2020, 4:50 PM

Re: Nvm I saw your edit

May 22, 2020, 4:59 PM

This is a singular stat with zero context or qualification, so take it for what it's worth. Still, it's obvious the virus is very contagious and very deadly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Where are you getting that from?***

May 22, 2020, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Where are you getting that from?*** ]

I can't copy or share that link, but this site shows the death rate at about 20% (You have to do the math yourself): https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic