Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Allstate Sugar Bowl or
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,496

Allstate Sugar Bowl or

Nov 4, 2013, 3:50 PM

Let's assume the following:

1. Alabama and Oregon win out AND finish #1 and #2 respectfully in the final BCS standings (not the safest assumption),
2. Florida State wins the ACC Championship game (safe assumption) and goes to the Orange Bowl against the runner-up in the Big Ten (gross), and
3. Clemson wins out and gets invited to the Allstate Sugar Bowl while USuc winds up in the Chicken-Filet Bowl, plays Miami, and the ACC lays claim to yet another SEC victory against an alleged Top Tier program

...who would you most/least like to play in N'awlins?

My vote for most would be Auburn because it gives us a good chance at landing another Top 10 win against an SEC opponent

My vote for least would be Texas A&M because I want no part of Johnny Football in his last college football game.

What say you Tigernation?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if FSU loses the ACC game, we're screwed no matter what

Nov 4, 2013, 3:56 PM

If Miami (or Duke or VT or...) beats FSU, they go to Orange Bowl. (small chance, I know, but it's F-S-U we're talking about).

FSU goes to Sugar/Fiesta Bowl.

Clemson is eating Chick-fil-a, even at 11-1.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not necessarily

Nov 4, 2013, 4:31 PM

If Alabama and Oregon end-up playing in the National Championship game, the final selection order foir the BCS Bowls would be Sugar, Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta.

The locked-in teams would be:

1 vs 2: Alabama vs. Oregon
Orange: FSU (ACC Champ) vs At-Large
Sugar- At-Large vs At-Large
Fiesta Big 12 Champ vs At-Large
Rose- (Big 10 Champ) vs At-Large

UCF and Fresno State are also probably going ot get a BCS invitation.

If Clemson wins out and finishes in the top-4, then the Sugar Bowl doesn't need to use it's first pick on Clemson, and it will be free to take an SEC team first because it knows that neither the Rose (always creates Big 10 vs PAC 12 matchup) and Orange (wouldn't want to create ACC rematch) would take Clemson before their second pick.

The Orange Bowl would then be required to take either UCF or Fresno State. The Sugar Bowl would then take Clemson, and the Fiesta Bowl would take the final team.

However, if Clemson isn't in the top-4, then the Sugar Bowl has a decision to make. The Orange Bowl then would have the option to take any at-large team it wants, and the Sugar Bowl would be stuck with either UCF or Fresno State.

I don't see a scenario possible where the Orange Bowl is stuck with UCF or Fresno State that doesn't involve Clemson being in the top-4, or FSU losing in the ACC title game and finishing in the top-4.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Due to the selection order and the Orange picking first...

Nov 4, 2013, 4:55 PM

...this year, we could very well be locked out if FSU does not make it to the national title game.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2013/11/4/5065530/clemson-and-the-bcs-tigers-outside-looking-in

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami may find wins hard to come by - Duke Johnson out

Nov 4, 2013, 4:24 PM

for the rest of the year. He's their #1 numbers maker on offense by far. If they end up playing SCar or another SEC team, I wouldn't bet on a win.

They are sort of one dimensional in WR too. Guess we'll see how good Dallas Crawford is at the "new" top RB for the Canes come Saturday against VT's decent defense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,496
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic