Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Allow me to apologize to all tweeters when I tell you to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Allow me to apologize to all tweeters when I tell you to

Aug 26, 2012, 7:33 PM

please not assume that I care what you are ordering on your pizza tonight or where you plan to go on vacation or what school you are visiting when you already made a commitment to Clemson. I find the whole tweeter thing to be a colossal waste of time. Not to mention, being some sort of groupie to high school kids does not seem like an appropriate adult activity. Even if I continue to be solicited which is also troubling on so many other levels, I plan to just say no.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess that's one way to use twitter, but for me I use

Aug 26, 2012, 7:51 PM

Twitter as a great information resource. I don't follow a bunch of friends and post my daily habits. I follow reporters, beat writers, TV networks, Teams, all kind of different people. All of these contacts continually post all kinds of great information or statistics that pops up on my news feed. Any type of inside info or these days gets posted on Twitter long before it goes on TV or a website.

If I have a question or comment for someone I can tweet them and get an answer right away. Can't get that with an email, sometimes can't even get a response. I told a story the other day how during last year's baseball playoffs the Rangers game went into a rain delay and didn't restart until after 12am. When it did, Fox Carolina didn't cut back to their coverage. I called the station multiple times and only got a machine. I sent a few emails, but knew that wouldn't go anywhere. Then I decided to hit up @mlbonfox on twitter. I got a response in 2 min and in 5 min the game was back on. One time my flight got cancelled and I had trouble getting good service to help me reschedule. All it took was a tweet to Usairways and all of the sudden I was taken care of in 5 min.

Twitter has become a valuable information took and I'm thankful everyday b/c of it. You'd be surprised with some of the great info that is shared by certain reporters or TV personalities. If you think twitter is just a way for teenagers to waste peoples time, then you really don't know much about twitter at all!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Understand your point perfectly --- but how does a high

Aug 26, 2012, 8:06 PM

school football player justify expecting to have a following of 10,000 people hanging on his every word --- just plain silly.

Personally I think it is too. Seems mostly that it's a

Aug 26, 2012, 8:10 PM

popularity contest to see who can get the most followers and then they sometimes forget all those people see what they write whenever they decide to post something they shouldn't! Kids will be kids though.

Re: I would be surprised because while I have an account

Aug 26, 2012, 8:22 PM [ in reply to I guess that's one way to use twitter, but for me I use ]

I make a point of not using it much because of all the innane babble

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don't care, then don't follow them...derp***

Aug 26, 2012, 7:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I don't --- but for high school kids to believe they have

Aug 26, 2012, 8:04 PM

something to say that 50,000 people need to hear is insane.

Sort of like adults that post on a message board?...

Aug 26, 2012, 10:18 PM

Such as TigerNet?

Re: Allow me to apologize to all tweeters when I tell you to

Aug 26, 2012, 8:00 PM

I guess some people could say the same thing about posting to a forum about college football...

Agree --- but high school kids demanding a tweeter following

Aug 26, 2012, 8:02 PM

is too much.

demand. such a funny word.***

Aug 26, 2012, 8:20 PM

"Show me some love" (I'm still looking) - Demand seems right***

Aug 26, 2012, 8:43 PM

I do not do myspace, tweeter or facebook

Aug 26, 2012, 8:25 PM

I dont now or nor will I ever. Im sure they serve some purposes well but they are, like you said, a total waste of time in MOST cases. And you are right, most are not adult activities in general. And I have no interest in sharing every move I make with the world.

Nothing against the sites but I simply think they are more trouble than good.

Just another symptom of our narcissistic society.***

Aug 26, 2012, 8:45 PM

You can think what you want to, but Twitter (not tweeter) is

Aug 26, 2012, 9:48 PM

an amazing medium for communication.

If you find it to be a colossal waste of time, then stay away and it's not a problem. Personally, I find it to be a valuable tool, especially in business.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Congrats --- You missed the context AND the sarcasm***

Aug 26, 2012, 11:28 PM

Yep, he missed it.***

Aug 27, 2012, 12:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh crap, I'm doing a facepalm for myself***

Aug 27, 2012, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Congrats --- You missed the context AND the sarcasm*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Allow me to apologize to all tweeters when I tell you to

Aug 27, 2012, 12:02 AM

York Tiger followed people on twitter, and look what it got him.

:) JK York.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic